Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Oh well, the OFP:E updated Island rocks :/ I hope somehow it can be imported into ArmA so many mission are made on these Islands...

By oryginal content they meant realistic simulation (bleah bleah etc.). I didn`t expect 3 campaigns in arma...

Well, Placebo said something that arma.dk`s turn for interview is comming, so maybe they`ll make one soon with bis and explain it, however, just like I said, I`m 100% confident that `original content from Operation Flashpoint`, is the whole ethos of ofp, rather than campaigns. And they said this (with one of the first press relases afaik)  to prevent speculations how much arma will be different from ofp in terms of realism and gamplay...

Just thought if ArmAs campaign is based on future scenario ...

i hope to see some V-22 Osprey variants as since fall 2005 they entered full production rate .

First fleet(s) of MV-22 are in use by VMM-263 squadron (former HMM-263 helicopter squadron). Service entry by US marines should be sometime in 2007 (officially).

... and if not oh well let's mod smile_o.gifwhistle.gif

p.s. i still hope to see improved vehicle related character animations (entering, leaving, (dis)mounting, etc) it was one of first "eye" catching losses in old OFP/OFPR ...

Im not entirely sure but I think you guys took the word modern to mean like this year where in fact it can technically mean in the last decade or so and probably even further back. So I am thinking its probably like in the 90s somewhere mid 90s probably.

EDIT: Dictionary.com

Quote[/b] ]Of or relating to recent times or the present

i hope to see some V-22 Osprey variants as since fall 2005 they entered full production rate .

First fleet(s) of MV-22 are in use by VMM-263 squadron (former HMM-263 helicopter squadron). Service entry by US marines should be sometime in 2007 (officially).

p.s. i still hope to see improved vehicle related character animations (entering, leaving, (dis)mounting, etc) it was one of first "eye" catching losses in old OFP/OFPR ...

lol since half life 1 i thought they have them already

lol since half life 1 i thought they have them already

well V-22 is tens years old project and nearly twice was completely scrapped ...

it's really neat they fixed all of problems and made it ...

it is possible some of V-22 already were in some "sharp" missions but if that true then it's not "public" knowledge ...

and HL was placed in futuristic period too smile_o.gif

anyway such type of transport vehicle can offer multiple bonuses (in breathtaking demo scenes) or just ingame missions types and backround traffic buzz smile_o.gif

Well,am I right or arma is going to be delayed for at least 4 months?That was said in "OFP on mobile phones" topic on the head line of ofp.info or I missed something? sad_o.gif

Well,am I right or arma is going to be delayed for at least 4 months?That was said in "OFP on mobile phones" topic on the head line of ofp.info or I missed something? sad_o.gif

Well, I'm pretty sure that has to be an april fools day joke, it is April 1st here...

Last year on april fools day OFP.info said they were going to stop reporting OFP news and change their website to Rome:Total War news.

so what was that video all about so far ive heard negative comments on it, besides, just watched it, and i must say a number of things made me dissappointed first of all the AI still seems a bit thick, and secondly, the explosions are like the defaule OFP ones, a bit well tacky.

can someone put my mind to rest and say that that wasnt Arma?

Guest Ti0n3r

I can (ok not really hehe). It was an alpha version of ArmA in an unofficial video made by a Russian magazine.

so what was that video all about so far ive heard negative comments on it, besides, just watched it, and i must say a number of things made me dissappointed first of all the AI still seems a bit thick, and secondly, the explosions are like the defaule OFP ones, a bit well tacky.

Yes. Placebo said it and has been quoted numerous times since. This was an unofficial video, made based on an old tech-demo by some Russian journalists.

well the demo must be from the second E3 of 2005 (isn't there one in the spring/early summer and fall). that means that when the demo is almost 6 months. am I right? icon_rolleyes.gif

well... if so as some guy said:

"I wouldn't be concired if it was 6 mounths ago"

well it's sort of what is

correct me if I'm wrong tounge2.gif

I think BIS could use some new designers or something, the name and theme were never inspiring and now we see this trailer with the same old generic looking units and little gameplay improvements (if any at all), sure if the engine can render more and larger battles and better MP netcode its all good but a good engine doesnt reflect a good game and Arma is lacking. If that trailer shows the current status of the new game i would rather wait another year.. tone down the shine and weird colours (what ever happened to the photorealistic looking textures?), add the features (please) and come up with a decent name and plot now... how about realistic units?

.. the north invaded the south and now the small american force that was leaving will have to fight off the russian Armed Assault (armed because the russians brought weapons) and now we must kill them all but its ok because we have sabateurs and littlebirds and abrams tanks for the new modern conflict... crazy_o.gif .

CWC sounded and felt great, Resistance and Troska were a bit weird but armass just doesnt make sense..

I think BIS could use some new designers or something, the name and theme were never inspiring and now we see this trailer with the same old generic looking units and little gameplay improvements (if any at all), sure if the engine can render more and larger battles and better MP netcode its all good but a good engine doesnt reflect a good game and Arma is lacking. If that trailer shows the current status of the new game i would rather wait another year.. tone down the shine and weird colours (what ever happened to the photorealistic looking textures?), add the features (please) and come up with a decent name and plot now... how about realistic units?

.. the north invaded the south and now the small american force that was leaving will have to fight off the russian Armed Assault (armed because the russians brought weapons) and now we must kill them all but its ok because we have sabateurs and littlebirds and abrams tanks for the new modern conflict... crazy_o.gif .

CWC sounded and felt great, Resistance and Troska were a bit weird but armass just doesnt make sense..

Read the posts above you banghead.gif

There's no point in bashing the game when this could old/VERY old footage. Just wait until YOU play the demo, then form an opinion.

Until that day...... goodnight.gif

BIS, consider releasing techdemo, beta, demo or anything now. Community is waiting so long and I think will support ArmA even if it's full of bugs. You will have hundreds of beta testers smile_o.gif

Trailer for example. Bis send this beta version to someone, who made a movie. Why not allow some beta testers from community to register and give them demo to test? There is some mechanism to administrate bugreports and those test will give Bis more knowledge in shorter time.

anyway

Trailer as I said couple of post earlier is just superb. BIS, keep up, don't take critics too serious, just make ArmA and release it. We're waiting for it soooo long ...

Plz tell me that the news on OFP.info about BIS making a mobile phone version of ArmA is a really bad April 1st fool's joke...

Yeah, it was really well made. Well done. I reckon you maybe fooled more than last year. biggrin_o.gif

Bad? I thought it was good.  thumbs-up.gif

Oh please... Phones don't even run 3G things smoothly much less have nowhere NEAR ANY sort of hardware specs necessary to run any possible version of OFP... If they'd said they were working on a version for PDAs, then I might have gotten worried about the veracity of the statement... but then again pointing at BIS Studios as a false alibi kinda makes a joke short-lived... oh well... goodnight.gif

.....sarcasm......

BUZZARD @ April 02 2006,04:48)]
Bad? I thought it was good. thumbs-up.gif

Oh please... Phones don't even run 3G things smoothly much less have nowhere NEAR ANY sort of hardware specs necessary to run any possible version of OFP... If they'd said they were working on a version for PDAs, then I might have gotten worried about the veracity of the statement... but then again pointing at BIS Studios as a false alibi kinda makes a joke short-lived... oh well... goodnight.gif

I am 99 % shure that it was an april joke smile_o.gif

Today is April 2nd, so we can go back ontopic please.