Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I hope it's gonna be soon. smile_o.gif

Could you ask if there was soft shadows in ArmA? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Estimated release date: H1 2006
So as far as I know, Q4 '06 is pure speculation. yay.gif

Until we're signed to a publisher all release dates are speculation, whether you read them on official sources or on some obscure online shopping portal smile_o.gif

So what are "You/BIS" waiting for to sign to a publisher?! Malajn.gif

hurry up we are not getting any younger... yammer.gif

lol and what about the date on the e3 show card ? smile_o.gif

oh and only 100km+ now ?

e3pge1

e3pge2

That's last years showcard. icon_rolleyes.gif Before the announcement that the Island would be much, much bigger.

However I now can't find where they referred to a 400 sq Km island and the official progress update from last December says 200 sq Km where I could swear that it had said 400.

What they did say for certain is that the landmass in Arma exceeded all the other islands combined.

Quote[/b] ]That's last years showcard. icon_rolleyes.gif Before the announcement that the Island would be much, much bigger.

and the release date says ? and when was it posted 1/04/06? and whos posted it mission designer of Bis ?

lol just trying to make sense of all the easter eggs rumours and unofficial videos smile_o.gif.

oh and only 100km+ now ?

e3pge1

e3pge2

That's last years showcard.  icon_rolleyes.gif Before the announcement that the Island would be much, much bigger.

However I now can't find where they referred to a 400 sq Km island and the official progress update from last December says 200 sq Km where I could swear that it had said 400.

What they did say for certain is that the landmass in Arma exceeded all the other islands combined.

400 sq km island is correct.

ArmA Features  thumbs-up.gif

oh and only 100km+ now ?

e3pge1

e3pge2

That's last years showcard.  icon_rolleyes.gif Before the announcement that the Island would be much, much bigger.

400 sq km island is correct.

ArmA Features  thumbs-up.gif

What?! yay.gif

That wasn't there a week ago.

EDIT: IDEA-games have noted this along time ago thought,

but I wasn't sure they got it right since BIS didn't have the same numbers.

These 400 sq. km. may not be one island though. The blog says that there is a second island where the commies government exists north of Sarah. So maybe each island averages 200 sq. km.

The Blog said the north of the island is part of a bigger ex commie country, Democratic Rep. of Sahrani, that's spread on several other islands to the north. I doubt we'll get to see those islands with the inital release but it would be fun making a few of em mods. Only new island is Sarah, this i know, unless bis changed their minds.

Quote[/b] ]New map covering over 400 sq. km, in extreme detail

New map, not maps.

It is possible they have another big island north of Sarah, not showed on the screen of it in the blog.

You can see the roads on the island, and according to that, you can count the number of villages/cities. I think there are about 12 cities/villages on the south part and 13 on the north side. On nogova you have 25 cities/villages I think. So this is not much difference for an island that should be 4 times bigger then nogova...

edit: Something that could be interesting from will's blog :

Quote[/b] ]

I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

so different islands if you ask me.

This may be putting the horse ahead of the carraige but with the mention of larger island under the north's control that is not pictured as Will stated leads me to this thought..

Could the unknown island/islands be a future addon that BIS will make as Red Hammer and Resistance was?

Pure conjecture on my part, but wouldn't it be a great idea that with ArmA you fight to save the south from the north. Then the South "reclaims" the north part of the Island.

And the future release could be this new north controlled island, that the south now fights to get?

This possibly could take us too NOT having US forces, but a new southern style force, maybe using US weapons but with it's own uniform.

Then again, you could have a campaign with a rebel/resistance force trying to overthrow this unknown north controlled island.

As with OFP, the staff and people at BIS have amazed me with making and designing a story line and game that creates unlimited sub stories, ideas, and hopes. All of these ideas could even be a way for BIS to naturally work in Game 2.

Whenever it comes out, I'll be happy, because I know I'll have another game that last me well over 5 years. The new blog just get's my imagination going.

yay.gif

Sorry, where is the mention of a second (or even third) island in the blog?

Nothing in the blog seems to suggest that the Northern country is split across multiple large islands.

Quote[/b] ]As for the political situation, the island (Sahrani) is split into two countries.

Quote[/b] ]As for the political situation, the island is split into two countries. The south part is where we are, and the north part belongs to [to not is] a old-style communist holdover from the Cold War called the ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.

Ok i was wrong about the rest of the DRS being to the north, but its there somewhere. The DRS as far as i know has to be ex-commie cause no communist country ever had "democratic republic" as a title, maybe its like the ukraine with brown people.

/edit i meant Belarus not Ukraine.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Ok i was wrong about the rest of the DRS being to the north, but its there somewhere. The DRS as far as i know has to be ex-commie cause no communist country ever had "democratic republic" as a title, maybe its like the ukraine with brown people.

Ever heard of DDR? wink_o.gif

Whoops, read that blog several times but missed

Quote[/b] ]‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.
every time.

Have to ask why it is called the Republic of Sahrani when the bulk of it is actually on other islands? wink_o.gif

Maybe the other islands are the Malden islands whistle.gif

Oy sorry, yea, it just that in hungarian we called it peoples republic.

So a brown North Korea?

Quote[/b] ]Ok i was wrong about the rest of the DRS being to the north, but its there somewhere. The DRS as far as i know has to be ex-commie cause no communist country ever had "democratic republic" as a title, maybe its like the ukraine with brown people.

Ever heard of DDR? wink_o.gif

lol, ever heard of GDR?

-> English forum. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe the other islands are the Malden islands

I thought the fictional Malden islands were supposed to be in the Baltic?

I think you might be right, it doesn't specify the location of the new island, so prehaps i'm right... biggrin_o.gif

(even if it does have palm trees growing on it...) wink_o.gif

Actually it does say that the new Island is in the Atlantic smile_o.gif

Quote from the WP blog:

‘Sahrani,’ they said. I remember thinking, “Where in the heck is Sahrani?†Apparently it’s an island in the Atlantic Ocean. My first deployment, and I’m on some island nobody I know has ever heard of.

Hmm! Maybe The Azores, Canary islands, Madeira or Cape Verde? Or over to the west the Bahamas, Antigua, Barbuda and Dominica. Bermuda and Falklands is UK.

I keep looking on my atlas but heck I can't find it!  scratchhead.gif    tounge2.gif

Bah you have to search nearly 50% of the entire seas/oceans on earth biggrin_o.gif.