Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

banghead.gif ARSE!! banghead.gif

I can't get it!!

The internet here at work sucks donkeys! mad_o.gif

This time around there is no need to wait for a server to start a new game before you can join, with fully incorporated "join in play" you can enter the battlefield whenever you want. There's nothing worse than your connection dropping out two or three hours in to a deeply intensive mission, now you will be able to jump straight back in and continue as if nothing happened.

what excatly does this mean?

does it mean that if some players are playing in a server can i join into their mission (if i have addons and mission have enough slots left) and play with them that current mission?

what if some player suddently die in that mission (with no respawn) can he disconnect and reconnect to join that same mission? (if he can, isn't that cheating?)

if some members could clear me out, i would appreciated smile_o.gif

Whilst the location and people involved might be fictional[...]

Something very important for me , since I'm collecting somes "voices" (intended to be use on mission or addon), I wonder wich accent or pronunciation civil and resistance would get when speaking english.

- Hispanic accent ?

- Arabic accent ?

- Russian/East Europe accent ?

- ...or else ?

I don't need to know more than this, but if because of the non-disclosure agreement<span style='font-size:1pt;line-height:100%'>.send.me.pm</span> well too bad 45.gif

ya that interview was great, i liked what i read in it, sounds like this game will be great. Looking forward to any more info.

Look at all games on their site... They just hand out release dates. They have no clue, but they stay on the safe side (q4@2006)

Oh for christ's sake! This game is never comming out isit?

They also state Developer:TBA.

I'm about ready to give up.

Ten Hammers, here i come

This community fascinates me. Some members are so quick to believe rumours or suggestions as facts that I wonder if there wouldn't be a wave of panic round the world should I say "The world ends tomorrow" wink_o.gif

BIS themselves tell us they have no publisher and no set release date, but are aiming for a H1 release. What on earth makes you think that Gamespy and Gamestats have better information than the developers?? icon_rolleyes.gif

Look at all games on their site... They just hand out release dates. They have no clue, but they stay on the safe side (q4@2006)

hehe, are they safe enough? i would think again..

dont give up stegman..

try to banghead.gif some times and you will be ok

PEACE, and releace it before the world ends

Quote[/b] ]"The world ends tomorrow"

huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]PEACE, and releace it before the world ends

wow_o.gif

Oh crap!!!   Now no one will ever play the game!  

Right, that's it. I quit;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Stegman setdammage 1

goodnight.gif

Right, that's it. I quit;

Oh well, good for you that you quit the waiting, altough i have a hard time to believe that you really had nothing better to do then sitting here and waiting till it comes out...  tounge2.gif

Noone should wait for a game, at most you can discuss something about it, and then play it when it comes out. But why should you wait now if it wont be released before summer? (and maybe even later)  rofl.gif

I mean, we dont know when it will be released, but we do know when it WONT be released... tounge2.gif

thumbs-up.gif Hi everyone, first time I have fely inclined to post, but have followed the Armed Assault thread for a while now.

Just like to point out a leading point Placebo mentioned in the recent interview.

Something along the lines of, " while we are sorting out the publisher, we will continue to tweak the game until its release" and " we are not sure of an exact release date as we are unsure of what the eventual publishers will want to do with either a long campaign or a quick release"

I think this pretty much indicates the game is ready, its all down to the publishing deal.

And while I am here, i see 'IDEA' is mentioned as the publisher which has been set up by Bohemia and two other companies ? Are IDEA publishing this then or are they a go-between for a global publisher with all the distribution networks in place ?

PS. The Blog site needs at least on update a week to keep the buzz going me thinks. I am sick of looking at that map now 8-/

Thanks and regards

Jasooon

i agree with jasooon. The game is ready, they are fixing last things. But could be release.

I think Bis are deciding wich plublisher they want and they are not with any hurry to get one.

Also agree with the blog. (not just me whos trolling and spaming.. we want info wink_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]We understand it's frustrating for gamers not to know when they will be able to get there hands on our new game, but I hope they can console themselves with the fact that we continue tweaking and sneaking in new features until the absolute last second before the gold master gets sent for production, we're definitely not slacking off while we wait for the game to be signed and published!

I think not icon_rolleyes.gifsmile_o.gif

And while I am here, i see 'IDEA' is mentioned as the publisher which has been set up by Bohemia and two other companies ? Are IDEA publishing this then or are they a go-between for a global publisher with all the distribution networks in place ?

IDEA aren't a publisher but a group of small independant development companies who can share their contacts, knowledge and experience with each other. Think of IDEA like a farmer's cooperative, by working together they can make better use of their limited budgets and pool resources. So IDEA might be useful in finding a publisher for Armed Assault but I would imagine that is the limit of their involvement.

Quote[/b] ]We understand it's frustrating for gamers not to know when they will be able to get there hands on our new game, but I hope they can console themselves with the fact that we continue tweaking and sneaking in new features until the absolute last second before the gold master gets sent for production, we're definitely not slacking off while we wait for the game to be signed and published!

I think not icon_rolleyes.gifsmile_o.gif

i agree, they have no idea how it feels confused_o.gif

we as the gamers are nearly ripping heads off and getting ready for mass suicides LOL.. Itss SOOOO stressfull when something you want so badly just wont come and when you get told its coming then it doesnt just breaks you down sad_o.gif

maybe if i go into a coma for a few months then wake up it will be released confused_o.gif

i rarely visit BIS forum.. i just troll and spam, like placebo says, when im not happy..

i would be happyer and i wouldnt be here if we had some regular info about recent news..

confused_o.gif

I think I'm starting to show signs of mental instability problems from waiting so many years for the follow up of Operation Flashpoint. crazy_o.gif

I just wish they would give us something to ease the pain... A demo, or a nice big preview with many screens, or a deadline, or something. I'm pulling my hair out and I don't have many left after waiting for what seems to be 150 years.

Or, they can send the game to me for beta testing, that would be nice of them. Support the fans I say. If I were a big distributor/publisher I would publish the game for them for free! tounge2.gif

Please let this not be another Duke Nukem Forenever game! confused_o.gif

From the 9'th of May to the 12'th. The expo itself will be from the 10'th to the 12'th.

Maybe they'll show us something there? I hope they do!

From the 9'th of May to the 12'th. The expo itself will be from the 10'th to the 12'th.

Maybe they'll show us something there? I hope they do!

they are most likely to do so. if not we can forget H1 tounge2.gif