Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Well, it`s April 2nd indeed, and we still haven`t got a better thing to discuss than April 1st on the ArmA Progress Updates thread.

So to get back ontopick we should get something to discuss?

Shouldn`t we Placee? :>

Today is April 2nd, so we can go back ontopic please.

how can we go ontopic if "YOU" dont give us some Recent Official information about ARMA..

we only can comment on video and we all know thats useless to talk about "old" video.

give us some recent information and concrete information about ARMA, the recent one.

Today is April 2nd, so we can go back ontopic please.

how can we go ontopic if "YOU" dont give us some Recent Official information about ARMA..

we only can comment on video and we all know thats useless to talk about "old" video.

give us some recent information and concrete information about ARMA, the recent one.

right... we need some fresh info, unless you want to loose this community because of insane biggrin_o.gif

If there isn't anything new to discuss why discuss at all? biggrin_o.gif

about people commenting on 'shiny textures'.

I'm pretty sure most of you live in Britian, germany, and other north europen countries may find that shiny, but i lived the first 9 years of my life in turkey, and beleive me, it can alot shinier than that. infact it sometimes gets so shiny in the summer, the new asfalt roads are too shiny to look at for more than 10 seconds.

To me it just looks like a beautiful summer day.....where people are killing eachother.

You`ve just destroyed my evil plan BergHoff smile_o.gif...

Sad but true, to be ontopic with the discussion on this thread means we have to stop the discussion...

and wait till someone relases another unofficial, and out-dated movie...

ok, news to discuss, well, maybe old news I don't know how long it has been listed.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/armed-assault/

does gamespy know something ("Q4-2006") or are they in the dark and just taking Q4 because it's the last quarter so anything earlier is....early. And anything Q4 is on time.

and anything later is......hell

anyhoo, it is a reputable source of info. So did they get a answer or did someone screw-up and decided to guess?

After seeing the latest pics, I think its best to move the release date to Q4 2006. The interface looks mediocre and the animations are equivalent to the old OFP.

After seeing the latest pics, I think its best to move the release date to Q4 2006.  The interface looks mediocre and the animations are equivalent to the old OFP.

From what I understand, the latest pics are pretty old...

It really doesn't make sense to me why all these old pics and videos are released now, you would think BIS would want websites and magazines to have newer stuff representing the game in a more finished state, yet we continue to have all this "old" stuff released.

It is simple as it is using the same kind of OFP mission scripting:

[] exec {stratmarket.sqs}

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#waitinforelease

@(unitready ScreenshotVideo)

~1

newinforelease=1

~1

publicVariable {newinforelease}

~86400

#checkforum

? forumranting >= 5 : goto {oops}

Placebo sidechat {That's up-to-date content}

~1

newinforelease=0

? moreinfoincoming >=1 : goto {waitinforelease}

exit

#oops

Placebo sidechat {That's outdated content}

~1

newinforelease=0

? moreinfoincoming >=1 : goto {waitinforelease}

exit

wink_o.gif

It is simple as it is using the same kind of OFP mission scripting:

[] exec {stratmarket.sqs}

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

wink_o.gif

I knew it... Suma coded Placebo!!! wow_o.gif (you forgot the ;'s btw)

About Q4 2006...

linky!

Quote[/b] ]Release Date: 12/30/06

30th of december!! Say, I'm building a ballistic missile, anybody cares to sponsor me some materials, or the coordinates of the Bis office?

30th of december!! Say, I'm building a ballistic missile, anybody cares to sponsor me some materials, or the coordinates of the Bis office?

Hurray! thats our birthday! tounge2.gif

Thank BIS for this great birthday present... rofl.gif

Hurray! thats our birthday! tounge2.gif

Thank BIS for this great birthday present... rofl.gif

what are the odds of that! (didn't knew you were also erm.. jarig on that day! tounge2.gif )

Btw... just noticed something in that second ArmA trailer... When the hind drops troopers your leader says:

"Five, attack that parashute!" (sounds like "engage sadorshu" , but read the text)

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Estimated release date: H1 2006

So as far as I know, Q4 '06 is pure speculation. yay.gif

Well we know for sure in about 1,5 months yay.gif

Until we're signed to a publisher all release dates are speculation, whether you read them on official sources or on some obscure online shopping portal smile_o.gif

Until we're signed to a publisher all release dates are speculation, whether you read them on official sources or on some obscure online shopping portal smile_o.gif

Which does beg the question why was that time frame (H1 2006) put out in the first place?

Not that I'm rushing anyone as I am a "done when its done" type person but it just seems a bit strange.

Anyway, have a nice week. smile_o.gif

That's not good. biggrin_o.giffirefoxlover.gif

not being funny but we really have nothing else to disscus crazy_o.gif

not being funny but we really have nothing else to disscus crazy_o.gif

Well, Placebo said that arma.dk will have a Q&A with BIS, so we'll propably have some info soon.

Which does beg the question why was that time frame (H1 2006) put out in the first place?

Not that I'm rushing anyone as I am a "done when its done" type person but it just seems a bit strange.

Because, if you put no estimate out, then certain people will go like "Oh g0d no release date, the GaMe iz DeaDz0rz!?!?! BIS SUCKS!!! banghead.gif "

And other nonsense sad_o.gif

Because, if you put no estimate out, then certain people will go like "Oh g0d no release date, the GaMe iz DeaDz0rz!?!?! BIS SUCKS!!! banghead.gif "

And other nonsense sad_o.gif

Why not make the release date "Waiting for a publisher" ?

The game can get completed, while waiting for a publisher it could, however, get improvements added... more features, so it gets more and more appealing to publishers...

Then again, that's not how this world works smile_o.gif .

Well, Placebo said that arma.dk will have a Q&A with BIS, so we'll propably have some info soon.

Placebo has also promised us a interview over at AAZ soon.

And we have some good questions lined up for him wink_o.gif