Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

The frame rate is amazing. I've never played a new release that ran this smooth ever. My frame rate stayed at a solid 75 and never once blinked. If my refresh rate was set higher I'm sure it would have run even faster.

April Fools right!!

Yes it is sad_o.gif

Start screen ECTS 97! hahahahaha

To bad they ended up leaving out the railway lines and stuff

Nice one Expectro! Ppl are gonna love you for this! niceone.gif

The resolution is just AMAZING! Oh yes ..... and the way those trees just sway in the wind. This should keep all those 'can't wait' folks happy for ages! Me thinks me's gonna have another play and explore a bit more this fantastic landscape! drunk.gif

almost hit the roof just to crash into the chair:(

aprils joke... haha tounge2.gif

Nice one Expectro! Ppl are gonna love you for this! niceone.gif

The resolution is just AMAZING! Oh yes ..... and the way those trees just sway in the wind. This should keep all those 'can't wait' folks happy for ages! Me thinks me's gonna have another play and explore a bit more this fantastic landscape! drunk.gif

Anything for you guys smile_o.gif

It seems though that not everyone figured it out yet, and still think its the beta-demo tounge2.gif (And thansk to colossus for bringing it out biggrin_o.gif

http://www.gamespot.com/pc....=928493

... you people need to be shot.. shot in the face.. in the face by a canno.. canno loaded with a three week old rotting sack of meat.. sack of rotting meat stuffed with a homless mans sun baked diarhea.... just die! banghead.gif

Well, maybe it`s time for something that isn`t joke, or out-dated and unofficial video?

And belive me, It`s not an april fools joke...

... you people need to be shot.. shot in the face.. in the face by a canno.. canno loaded with a three week old rotting sack of meat.. sack of rotting meat stuffed with a homless mans sun baked diarhea.... just die! banghead.gif

Hehehe, last year I said thesame thing when Col. clink released his Eurofighter.... tounge2.gif

or was it when ECP did a fake release... or was it Inv. 1944? or both? or all three?! tounge2.gif

Nice one Espectro wink_o.gif .

I somehow cant view the 80mb vid.. The video does start and works for 2 secs or so and then the screen goes black and I just hear the sounds. I dont know what the problem is, might be missing a codec, but I dont know where to download it. What can I do to solve the problem, heeeelph meeeeh!

Please...I crave AA info... sad_o.gif

Zendjir download this Gspot it Establishes what video codecs (audio and video) are required to play a file.

very useful and free.

someone to tell others what for an calendaristic date we have, please! crazy_o.gifnener.gif

Thanks guys for the replies, I tried video lan, and it worked smile_o.gif But.....I was horrified to see OFP's AI in ArmA, it is completely the same! Nice graphics though, not next gen but they'll do.

Although I'm worried about the apparent lack of a reworked AI in this vid I'm confident that this is not the final AI. Why? Well, BIS have continually stressed that they are dedicating alot of work to improving the AI and better AI has always been one of the most important demands of the community. It would be foolish to believe that BIS has completely ignored the demands made by their main customer base and marketing tool. And since BIS is still working on the AI (as pointed out in interviews) it is quite possible that the new AI wasn't ready to put in the game yet, so they opted for standard OFP AI.

The trailer was intented to show WIP and pretty graphics IMO, not AI.

it wasn't a trailer, nor a teaser...

it was an unoficial video made not even by Bis!

video is just amazing!

if it's 'old stuff' then I can't imagine how it looks now ...

Feel sad for people like you, where is your imagination.  tounge2.gif

To some others: Stop beating up on people who critisize constructively, they can hit you back.

This has nothing to do with patience, this is a video where one can see what's going on.

Its a forum, by definition it is a place to hold discussions and/or arguments. If we all just simply agreed with each other it would be called a "love fest" having a different opinion than someone else doesnt make anyones less or more viable, just different and it also doesnt mean your beating up on someone. Why should this be any different than other threads?

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]OFP Islands and mission not in Armed Assault

Sadly, original content from Operation Flashpoint, wont be in Armed Assault. This is because these islands quality is not near quality to that of Sarah. The good news is, that we will be able to import these old islands and missions into Armed Assault. Let us hope, that we will see a "collectors edition" for Armed Assault, including all the original BIS stuff and maybe some handpicked OFP addon stuff.

Source: http://arma.dk/

Just wanted to post this, since there was no topic about it.

This is is just too god damn sad imo. sad_o.gif The improved islands and campaigns in Ofp Elite were great and I think alot of people would have enjoyed them. Hope they change their mind. If not, guees someone will have to convert them to ArmA.

Guest Ti0n3r
Hmm were did ArmA.dk get that information from? sad_o.gif

Placebo said something about it on the Ofp.info forums. But I don't know where they've got they idea that the reason is that the old stuff was of too low quality. I thought it was due to copyright issues.

Edit: Here it is: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/forum/index.php?showtopic=24701