Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

There's a IDEA/Armed Assault/Game2 article in the May issue of PCFormat(UK), should hit the newsagents next week smile_o.gif

...hmm, i`ve just notice this...

the left guy is from scaned PCGamer August 2005 edition (this was suppose to be a soldier from Game2), and the right guy is from newest screens...

pcgamer7zp.jpg

nice...eh...looks like more stuff from Game2 in Armed Assault wink_o.gif

I am very impatient for ArmA. New BDU for US soldier is good - finally BIS campaign with desert BDU tounge2.gif - green camo is tedious yet. New-fashioned is desert camo as from Op. Desert Shield and Storm) inlove.gif

Nice SEA notworthy.gif

was mentioned by some of BIS developer ago that Armed Assault is turning more into Game2 while next gen project will become Game3 smile_o.gif

about possible "another" delay -> i got nothing against IF it returns in e.g. complete full mount/dismount/use etc animations for all vehicles and mounted weapons and "insert anything You want"...

about publishers ... i say screw them, release partial or full version over steam then over direct2drive then over any else online distribution system AND after You improve it, fix any found holes start to search some damn publisher and start PREPARE boxed one...

any GOOD+ game sells fine on Steam and Direct2Drive (just look at Red Orchestra OstFront 41-45 or Oblivion) to cover investments just from PREORDERs...

and IF you sell well publishers start to appear on Your doorsteps kissing Your ass instead otherwise smile_o.gif (no $ for greedy publisher => o.O @ publisher's CEO >> good contract)

re-consider one more thing games w/o stunning visual quality are not so good sellers today (by some informations floating around OFP:Elite sales were hurt by that too, but that that as rumours level only) , it's not fault of game itself but of new younger "demanding" generation...

ArmAs is going to compete in "similar" field to games like BF2+-addons, around summer ET:QW and UT2007 (early next year)

plus Oblivion kicked the "requests" for visual quality by another points up ....

btw. i know visual =/= gameplay but tell that to some CSS/BF2 nub and game must sell more than just to hardcore fans...

...hmm, i`ve just notice this...

the left guy is from scaned PCGamer August 2005 edition (this was suppose to be a soldier from Game2), and the right guy is from newest screens...

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6387/pcgamer7zp.jpg

nice...eh...looks like more stuff from Game2 in Armed Assault wink_o.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of stuff originally intended for game2 have found their way into ArmA. The new soldiers and standing animations look a lot like stuff I've seen already from game2. Then again why would BIS want to use different ones if they've already made some animations for game2 it would be easier to use or modify those than start again from scratch.  wink_o.gif

mumbles : ODE ODE ODE ODE smile_o.gif (for nubs physics smile_o.gif)

about publishers ... i say screw them, release partial or full version over steam then over direct2drive then over any else online distribution system AND after You improve it, fix any found holes start to search some damn publisher and start PREPARE boxed one...

We've had this discussion already about Steam. If you care to remember the majority of consensus was against any such a proposal. We don't want it so ffs drop it!

I say find a good publisher and release as OFP was released patching as required!

To be honest, i thought BIS didnt show anything because they had nothing to show, well, im glad i was wrong... biggrin_o.gif

We've had this discussion already about Steam. If you care to remember the majority of consensus was against any such a proposal. We don't want it so ffs drop it!

I say find a good publisher and release as OFP was released patching as required!

i was going to post something longer but i decided You are not worth it (obviously biased person against any CDS and with Steam alergy (guess You missed where i named 2 largest game content delivery services))

you missing the point of difference going to publisher first and then "ask for approval use also online content delivery" being trapped by contract

or release and then have OPEN hands while getting retail publisher for ALREADY well selling game (ie CDS preorders) ...

in old times some game developers completely lost rights over theirs title (game name, updates and so on) to publishers

Finally the game is getting some attention, which means all the more chances for a publisher.

Hey, Dwarden, maybe you would want to haul ass over to this dead thread and read it before you start the exact same discussion in this thread.

This is not a steam thread, so stop that before it gets started please.

i woulder why they keep changing the top image in ArmA site

its the 3rd or 4th time they change it..

http://www.armedassault.com/

ideas?

edit: stupid question.. never mind. thumbs-up.gif

anyway it would be nice if they update it with new images like those..

i woulder why they keep changing the top image in ArmA site

its the 3rd or 4th time they change it..

http://www.armedassault.com/

ideas?

edit: stupid question.. never mind. thumbs-up.gif

anyway it would be nice if they update it with new images like those..

I think BIS got jelous of the banner rotating script found on http://www.armedassault.eu tounge2.gif

(Yep, another tedious try to get some advertisement)!

Hey, thats my idea huh.gif

Hotshots squad site

Anyway, the ArmA site and BI site are bit confusing and messy imo. On armedassault.com you cant find any info, just links to BI site, and on BI site is not much to find too. I think that (new) ppl that want to know more about the upcomming game might lose interest in browsing all the pages for a bit of info.

Yea, they should go visit my site instead biggrin_o.gif

nodance.gif  naughty.gif   wink.gif   ....Sad but true!   biggrin_o.gif  

argh looks like some people are blind , next time i avoid to write comment with word "stea*" included because they seems to see only word "stea*" smile_o.gif

and it was related to publisher comments in earlier posts and not to some thing named "stea*"

sorry for going to offtopic if You take it that way

Yeah whatever happend to the new ArmA site that was meant to be coming soon 7 months ago lol.

They might be waiting till they get a definite release date sorted, then they will launch the site with all the shiny bells and cool sounding whistles thumbs-up.gif

well im glad they dont waste much time in a web site and in other hand they use that time improving ARMA.

or maybe they go to the pub instead .. nener.gif

anyway an update would be nice to see in http://www.armedassault.com

im happy with BIS updates yay.gif

I think I'm starting to show signs of mental instability problems from waiting so many years for the follow up of Operation Flashpoint. crazy_o.gif

HA! You people think THIS wait is hard! You should have seen it when we were waiting for OFP:CWC to come out! We salivated at the release of a new unit video each week (I think it was). We were literally afraid we might die in the days before playing the game we always wanted.

If you want good OFP, right now, you can have it. Either play OFP:R with addons or play plain vanilla OFP:E (which in my opinion is superior to OFP:R with addons).

This wait is NOTHING!

This also isn't Duke Nukem Forever.

If you people weren't such anti-console prejudiced, you could be right now enjoying ArmA- (i.e., OFP:E) for a FRACTION of what a PC upgrade would cost.