Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

still...

"this expansion requires Operation: Flashpoint to run"

"daddy daddy! isn't that the game you playeed before you met mommy?"

crazy_o.gif !!

but if they re-release everything, why bring out our chestered treature just months after? rock.gif unless.... crazy_o.gif

Oh, and I don't think the Xbox version could ever communicate with a Pc version... reasons:

1. XBox live servers are not like OFP's

2. Xbox version has auto-aiming

3. PC Version has better detail, players with Y2K3 , Ffur, Ecp, etc...

quoting from ofp.info

Maruk & Ondrej Spanel, BIS Director and BIS lead programmer, have posted under the Jordan And Derek name (Marek and Ondrej)

i think this is not true, i checked his members number 18492, and its far away frowm the recent registrated members number 3xxxx, so unless this info was hacked the guy who is posting this pictures was registrated July 21 2002,10:19, also i noticed the profile was updated May 16 2005,10:44.

this gives me 4ideas:

They used a old loggin and cleaned/updated it

They hacked the info :P

Some pranker

BIS pll

;)

There will be NO expansion on OFP1 , it would be a very stupid move if they do so. It would yank away all the 'swept away by OFP2's features feel' from us not a good move.

Bringing in something new and fresh direct would be nice and good for sales and us too.

Quote[/b] ]"daddy daddy! isn't that the game you playeed before you met mommy?"

crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Seriously do we have someone here who got married and was/is playing OFP before/after marriage .... blues.gif

quoting from ofp.info

Maruk & Ondrej Spanel, BIS Director and BIS lead programmer, have posted under the Jordan And Derek name (Marek and Ondrej)

i think this is not true, i checked his members number 18492, and its far away frowm the recent registrated members number 3xxxx, so unless this info was hacked the guy who is posting this pictures was registrated July 21 2002,10:19, also i noticed the profile was updated May 16 2005,10:44.

this gives me 4ideas:

They used a old loggin and cleaned/updated it

They hacked the info :P

Some pranker

BIS pll

;)

Jordan man Derek is the anagram of Maruk and Ondrej

Okay now I'm confused after seeing the Armed Assault photos on OFP.info...please fill me in

Will the Sequel to OFP still be OFP2?

Is Armed Assault the rename for OFP2?

What on earth is going on?

I dont know about you guys but I'm still think Armed Assault is the XBox version of OFP.... just my thoughts

Is Armed Assault the rename for OFP2?

I hope not, it's too original.

Say hello to the future AA community crazy_o.gif

Could it be like CS source?

Seriously do we have someone here who got married and was/is playing OFP before/after marriage .... blues.gif

I'm totaly sure Scot from Farmland project left it as he got married, and I'm sure there is others tounge_o.gif

Releasing Armed Assault as an expansion is very, very unlikely, their selling OFP GOTY for Å9, I doubt they won't just put the expansion up from Å20 to Å30, and sell it as a full game (ÅGBP btw)

It will be a full game, but why they spread them selves ever thiner be developing 3 games is.. somewhat illogical..

rock.gif

As for the PC > Xbox things, it is possible, Xbox servers are run on PCs (as far as I know), so you could use a Armed Assault server on that. But, the PC one will have mods and stuff, you can't really have mods on Xbox (Well, you can, but it would be.. hideous to manage them). All in all, it's to complicated to do crazy_o.gif

I think EA or someone is planning on doing this with one of their racing games or something

Anyway, lets see what BI say at E3, shall we? tounge_o.gif

- Ben

i guess we´ll just have to to wait, a few days in the years we waited ;)

Anyways they like to "play" with the comunity remember the secret zone, tounge_o.gif

kewl, i saw they improved lighting, now we know that channel 2 is xbox less one thing to speculate ;)

DnA had JUST posted this,

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=46420

Armed Assault, as I figured is infact the XBox versios

Ok 1st day is to OPF XBOX biggrin_o.gif , we have to wait at leat one more sad_o.gif day

EDIT, no name for the console game?rock.gif??

No publisher???

Ok it sems it the end of the line for Cody and BIS

Quote[/b] ]Genre: First person military combat

Release date: Q3 2005

Publisher: To be determined

Right!!! i Understand now....

AA - XBox version of OFP. Its gonna be called AA or something similar because reading at the bottom of the press release it says OFP is a codies trademark.

OFP2 - Well all i can say is that this MUST leave those sweet ass pictures to be OFP2 or what ever this is going to be called thanks to codies owning the OFP trademark.

Is anybody having trouble Downloading the press release.zip on that Press release Bistudio page?

Darn download wont activate for me sad_o.gif

Is anybody having trouble Downloading the press release.zip on that Press release Bistudio page?

i already have it here smile_o.gif

did u try it with some download manager or direct?

I used getright

i already have it here smile_o.gif

did u try it with some download manager or direct?

I used getright

Thats prob what I need to do, thanks, I'll try that smile_o.gif

BAH, i new they would show the OFP Xbox first... New it!!! then i think theyll show OFP 2 then Armed Assualt... like placebo said.. 1+1+1 = 3.. 3 games.. anyhoo Armed Assault isnt on the BI website under game developemnt.. so it could be a surpirse lol..

could be there 2nd console for playstation wink_o.gif but i dowt it when all there fans are PC people.. well most of us

Realease date says... 3rd Quarter of this year! yay!

But what really boggles my head is that Code Masters won't be publishing the game. So, something screwy must definately be going wierd at Codemasters. (with the release date push backs and Ubisoft crap)

BIstudio is probably looking for a new publisher for Armed Assault.....

Hmmmm, who could it be?

B0002YCXMC.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

hmmmmm

wow, ofp-xbox looks sweet. I guess its for the 360 though? "Next Generation" consoles. Oh well, looks good smile_o.gif

Edit; actually it says 'current generation' - my bad, so this means Xbox 1. Wow.

Swedish PC-Gamer among other gaming-mags are gonna attend a special viewing of FP2 today or tomorrow, we should prolly see some shakycam™, I hope  smile_o.gif

Swedish PC-Gamer among other gaming-mags are gonna attend a special viewing of FP2 today, we should prolly see some shakycam™, I hope  smile_o.gif

Will it be in English or Swedish?

whats the link?

The viewing will prolly be in english, I got the news from one of their reporters at E3, I'm not really sure WHEN the viewing will take place due to the 9hr time difference.

But at 00:08 today he posted that they're going "tomorrow", and that could mean that it happens today or tomorrow.

Since 8 min's past twelve is to close to yesterday if you know what I mean, especially since the time was 13:08 in LA when he wrote that...

So wheres the OFP2 info? :P Or is that on a different time.