Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

1st picture i did see but the second i didn,t...

Where did you get these!

biggrin_o.gif

What does "CA" stand for? rock.gif

California rock.gifsmile_o.gif

What does "CA" stand for? rock.gif

California rock.gifsmile_o.gif

As long as it doesn't mean that it will be marketed by Computer Associates! crazy_o.gif

Nothing could be worse!

or... maybe its the new name for OFP2 rock.giftounge_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

ofp 2 i reckon will be different and better than all the military games in e3

take ghost recon 3

thats ended up more of an action shootem up game than tactical

plus all modders for the game will probably leave, since they cancelled ghost recon 2 for pc where all the modders and addon makers were

bf 2

still smaller maps and no mission editor

ofp2 will kill all these games since it has a mission editor and addon makers and 1 hell of a game play

ofp 2 i reckon will be different and better than all the military games in e3

take ghost recon 3

thats ended up more of an action shootem up game than tactical

plus all modders for the game will probably leave, since they cancelled ghost recon 2 for pc where all the modders and addon makers were

bf 2

still smaller maps and no mission editor

ofp2 will kill all these games since it has a mission editor and addon makers and 1 hell of a game play

you know Ruff, it is a result of huge companies taking over the titles.

UBI killed Ghost Recon. That's what Codemasters wanted to do with OFP2. Squeeze money out of it and forget it.

yeah

i read the forums on the ghost recon 2 site the topic where ghost recon 2 was cancelled for pc

lots of modders and clan guys were pissed

ravenshield was also meant to be a let down since they didnt release sdk, i think thats like for mod creation etc. not sure but it hink its something in the area of modding

i was expecting ravenshield to have dozens of mods but nothing really came out of the game

or... maybe its the new name for OFP2 rock.giftounge_o.gif

Nah, can't be. Just look at the shots, it looks much more like the current OFP or the X-Box version than the screens showed of OFP2. Maybe they took it serious when someone in here posted that 'AA' resembles too much of America's Army, so they changed it from 'Armed Assault' to 'Covered Assault' or something crazy_o.gif

combined assault? counter assault? (ick)

CA as in Combined Arms?

In my opinions the screen shots look good, I just hope that the new game can be easily modded into a Dutch theme.

Regards,

Sander

That secund shot is very interesting.

Soldiers models look like VBS ones, and the water is a lot diferent than the OPF1 one.

I dont recon the Island, looks like a new one, something like Nogova.

Even the buildings look better, but the vegetation seems to be the same rock.gif

Wasnt OPF Xbox suposed to be the CWC ver?

Even the buildings look better, but the vegetation seems to be the same rock.gif

CA must be Combined Arms. The name was already mentioned on a VBS-screenshot before VBS1 got released (or were the words mentioned in the OFP2 website as well?)

I'm afraid the vegetation and the water (OK, rolling tide, but very artificial it seems) look less convincing on these screenshots so I hope the CA shots are XBox and Armed Assault is PC.

But I'm afraid it's the other way around. Armed Assault sounds very MOHAA-like, Combined Arms is the more technical name and captures OFP's most original spirit.

CA might be the subtitle for Armed Assault.. So it would be called Armed Assault: Combined Arms.

OFP2 wont be called Armed Assault or Combined arms as they are linked to xbox pics. The nicer pics are all named FP2.

What could be slightly possible is that BIS will release a Flashpoint 1.5 which will be called Combined Arms. It would most likely be compatible with the xbox version and xbox live. It's wouldn't be OFP2, but more like a trick to get the xbox version more popular as it would bring many PC gamers to the MP games.

What could be slightly possible is that BIS will release a Flashpoint 1.5 which will be called Combined Arms. It would most likely be compatible with the xbox version and xbox live. It's wouldn't be OFP2, but more like a trick to get the xbox version more popular as it would bring many PC gamers to the MP games.

This was exactly what I was thinking; a re-release of Operation Flashpoint with a new campaign and better grafics smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Now we know which the 3rd game is wink_o.gif

Those shots are the xbox version.

The water is diff in the xbox version as is the lighting from the PC version. Ash (Falklands MOD leader), saw the xbox version in action on his trip to BIS studios, its very much like he described.

IMO its pretty easy to differentiate between which are Xbox shots and which are the real daddy shots smile_o.gif

Hints:

- These new screens were first posted in the Flashpoint Photography thread. XBOX screens were posted in the XBOX forum.

- Also are the XBOX screens labeled XB and these are labeled CA or AA -> armed assault.

- It has also been said that there will be 3 games presented at E3 (OFP2, OFP XBOX, armed assault?)

Take your conclusions wink_o.gif

Those screenies are no better looking that OFP1 mad_o.gif

Compare..

VBS1 to normal Flashpoint (SebNam Pack 2, playable settings)

.. to ..

to Armed assault, or OFP2 or what ever this game is

Let's hope the round the models a bit tounge_o.gif

But still, if they improve the netcode, add more scripting stuff, make engine (a lot more, if VBS1 made it more effiant and better graphics, I want to have 200 enemys on screen with no lag tounge_o.gif), I'll be happy smile_o.gif

- Ben

I agree entirely. To be honest, i'd be happy with the graphics as they are now in OFP as long as the performance is increased and the collision/physics are improved.

Playstation?

There is definately an XBox game : Armed Assault??

There is definately a follow up to OFP on PC : OFP2 - who knows the name.

I cant see them developing another game for PC with roughly the same graphics/setting as original ofp - unless its an expansion/graphical update.