Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

So which is the one with the way cool graphics/engine that rivals Battlefield 2? rock.gif

I knew, I knew it!

I said it was like CS: Source, but I had douts biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Armed Assualt IS a new engine for OFP!! biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Check this link. NOW!

Daniel @ May 18 2005,23:13)]So which is the one with the way cool graphics/engine that rivals Battlefield 2?  rock.gif

If you mean the one who will kick BF2 in the ass that would be OPF2, even if BF2 turns out visualy better (shiny) FP2 will still smoke it with its realistic and challenging gameplay, flexibility, sp and a.i. and amazing rendering power graphics engine smile_o.gif .

I knew, I knew it!

I said it was like CS: Source, but I had douts biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Armed Assualt IS a new engine for OFP!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Check this link. NOW!

Time to change the title of this thread biggrin_o.gif

GREAT NEWS :P biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

so happy, ill even buy the xbox ofp version, and i dont have xbox :P

i imagine ofp2 grafics to be the best game grafics in 2006. Cant wait :P need pictures smile_o.gif

BF2 is in modern times, and I didn't stay long enough to see anything noticible.

but please, this is OFP2 thread, not BF2.

So, yeah considering i still like OPFR today i will without a doubt purchase Armed assault but.. i dunno it looks alot like flashpoint, the vehicals and stuff, i would like to know how much improved AA is compared to OPF resistance, graphics, performance and feature wise, anyway i think its cool that the improvements and optimisations made available for xbox will be available for us PC flashpointers too, i think i will forget OPF2 for a while because aparently the wait is still long.

I really am jealous of you Ralph, thanks alot for keeping us updated on all this smile_o.gif .

Ralph were there video's / demo you could play at E3 of Ofp2 or AA?

Ralph were there video's / demo you could play at E3 of Ofp2 or AA?

Doesn't seem like it, just wait and see until tomorrow wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I really am jealous of you Ralph, thanks alot for keeping us updated on all this

yeah it wasn't easy shaving placebo's leg to get some info, but it was damn worth it. wink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

no demos are available for public for now. their booth was not something you'd expect, but more like an office cubicle. Also, I'm not merely typing what they told me. heck even I couldn't touch the stuff. I had to see it. do you know what a pain is? seeing stuffs 2 feet away from you and you are not the one playing it. sad_o.gif

those who visit E3 please be patient. they got a lot of appointments.

How was AA different besides graphics ?

won't talk about <s>tit</s>it. wink_o.gif

darn..those scantly clothes models mess up my vocabularies.

yes thats a good question what about fisics, did u saw vbs2 ??

lol i imagine who was playing tounge_o.gif

Did I read right? A new Engine for OFP/RES? New Units??

I will buy it. Tell me, tell me pelase, where can I preorder it? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I really am jealous of you Ralph, thanks alot for keeping us updated on all this

yeah it wasn't easy shaving placebo's leg to get some info, but it was damn worth it. wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

no demos are available for public for now. their booth was not something you'd expect, but more like an office cubicle. Also, I'm not merely typing what they told me. heck even I couldn't touch the stuff. I had to see it. do you know what a pain is? seeing stuffs 2 feet away from you and you are not the one playing it. sad_o.gif

those who visit E3 please be patient. they got a lot of appointments.

We'll just have to repect that.

<span style='font-size:3pt;line-height:100%'>PM me all the details, Ralph. I'll send you a box of chocolate later</span> biggrin_o.gif

Trala la la la blues.gif

After seeing the OPF2 pics its a bit hard to focus on Armed Assault now, but im guessing the requirements for OPF2 will be huge, after seeing those models, grass and shadows wow_o.gif .

But the armed assault models look nice, reminds of VBS1, oh boy i cant wait till tomorrow, i hope AA gets released soon, yeah biggrin_o.gif .

Great news!! But one thing is bothering me is Amred Assault going to be an expantion pack or a standalone game? I read that it was like the relationship between counterstrike, and counter strike:source what does that mean?

Great news!! But one thing is bothering me is Amred Assault going to be an expantion pack or a standalone game?  I read that it was like the relationship between counterstrike, and counter strike:source what does that mean?

Expansion pack. Same game, new features.

Call it a upgrade if you like smile_o.gif

EDIT: Spelling

This is so amazing! Guyz I want to run in a circles and shout!!! WHoaaaa!!!!111 wow_o.gif

Joa mei, is denn schon wieder Weihnachten. biggrin_o.gif

An expansion pack with new engine is exactly that what I wanted.

It`s like Xmas, to get a new OFP engine before OFP2. That`s what I dreamed of. xmas_o.gif

This will surely give BIS more time on OFP2 biggrin_o.gif

We love you BIS, thx for the moral boost smile_o.gif

Any technical details on the new engine yet? Like 64bit support, hardware requirements, etc.?

with luck we wont have to wait until christmas but thats probably wishful thinking