Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

Something just dawned on me, what are the chances of "OFP2" becoming "Armed Assault 2" ?

Something just dawned on me, what are the chances of "OFP2" becoming "Armed Assault 2" ?

Id say extreamly likely. Look at the signs! Bis is remaking OFP1 with a massive over haul of every thing and a new name - Armed Assualt. Thus getting the name known in the market ready for Armed Assualt 2.(Formely known as OFP2)

Also if Codies is now going to be making a OFP2..Why is this forum still titled OFP2?? its just going to confuse new comers. (and ive seen a lot of them around the forums lately)

At this stage I would give it about 95% chance.

Well, armedassault2.com is still available, so wait and see of BIS will claim it quickly after reading this post (or will any member beat them to it wink_o.gif

so this is kinda like the Championship manager situation?

It was called Championship manager, but the devs and publishers split. the devs kept the engine whilt the publishers kept the name.

I believe BIS is making Armed Assault = OFP (improved, better then VBS1), and OFP2* will be named Armed Assault 2, am i wrong? wink_o.gif

So it would be nice if Armed Assault come out quick! since OFP2* comes in 2006..

Guest Ti0n3r

Is this family tree correct? rock.gif

Flashpoint -> Resistance -> VBS1 -> OFPxbox -> Armed Assault

Flashpoint -> Resistance -> VBS1 -> OFPxbox -> Armed Assault

nop, its incomplete tounge_o.gif

its more like: Flashpoint -> Resistance -> VBS1 -> OFPxbox -> Armed Assault -> Armed Assault 2 = OFP2*

Guest Ti0n3r

stupid me!!! tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I think BIS worked on the xbox version untill it was so much better than the PC version that they felt ashamed.

Then they decided to give us Armed Assault. tounge_o.gif

EDIT: I think I went a little offtopic with this post. sad_o.gif

sorry