Regarding "Combined Arms"...

US Patent and Trademarks office lists two entries :

Quote[/b] ]

domain : Computer Entertainment

register : Novalogic

Quote[/b] ]

domain : Computer simulation

register : US ARMY TRADOC

From the Copyright office the only applicable entry would be "Combined arms command and control systems performance model" from acTelos.

IANAL, this does not accurately reflect any pending filings, etc-etc.

Quote[/b] ]-=UOE.Txalo=- Posted on May 18 2005,11:06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can u see that armed assault is going to be the xbox version of flashpoint?

Quote[/b] ]

On this first day of the E3 show, we are pleased to announce details of the military combat game for a current generation console.

Ok, so it doesn't say XBOX.. But a console none the less. (they're all the same, right?) tounge_o.gif

So wheres the OFP2 info? :P Or is that on a different time.

Each day there will be one game presented today it was OFP XBOX and we have to wait what we are going to see tomorrow wink_o.gif

BTW: Why do you guys think OFP XBOX is armed assault? If it was wouldn't they state that in the press release? And did you noticed the AA site still isn't up? rock.gif

Ok, so it doesn't say XBOX.. But a console none the less. (they're all the same, right?) tounge_o.gif

They dont say it will be called Armed Assault though, so AA is still a mystery.

Quote[/b] ]-=UOE.Txalo=- Posted on May 18 2005,11:06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can u see that armed assault is going to be the xbox version of flashpoint?

Quote[/b] ]

On this first day of the E3 show, we are pleased to announce details of the military combat game for a current generation console.

er....lets see, remeber the message from placebo

1+1+1=3

1=OFP xbox

1=OFP2

1=Armed assault

I think OFP xbox isnt Aremd assault, its only OFP xbox, armed assault its going to be "another strange thing" smile_o.gif

Lets see. This is my idea.

3 games, 3 days.

Day 1: OFP-Xbox.

We've all seen info and screenshots on this before. Next.

Day 2: Armed Assault.

I think this could be an expansion for OFP. Next.

Day 3: OFP-2.

The sequel to OFP-1. We've seen screenshots posted at ofp.info, flashpoint2.com channel 3, etc. It looks good.

Tis my theory.

3 games, 3 days.

The sequel to OFP-1. We've seen screenshots posted at ofp.info, flashpoint2.com channel 3, etc. It looks good.

Tis my theory.

yep.. have been thinking the same myself smile_o.gifunclesam.gif

3 games, 3 days.

Tis my theory.

im with you on this,

let´s keep our fingers crossed for it unclecz.gif

Thats my bet too!!

but I think that AA wont need the OPF1 to roll, lets see.

Hints:

- These new screens were first posted in the Flashpoint Photography thread. XBOX screens were posted in the XBOX forum.

- Also are the XBOX screens labeled XB and these are labeled CA or AA -> armed assault.

- It has also been said that there will be 3 games presented at E3 (OFP2, OFP XBOX, armed assault?)

Take your conclusions wink_o.gif

To quote myself a few pages back wink_o.gif

Personally I think Armed Assault will be a rerelease of the improved flashpoint engine to keep us happy until OFP2 wink_o.gif

Id say armed assualt (or whatever the 3rd thing is) is expansion for ofp, implementing the pixel shaders we will see in the Xbox version?

Who would buy Armed Assault if it was a seperate game on either Xbox or PC? ...Nobody - you would buy ofp XBOX version or OFP2.

What if OFP2 isn't out when Armed Assault is..?

- Ben

Could Armed Assault be a free expansion to orginal OFP owners, which would update old Flashpoint to XBOX graphic standards?

Free? You must be joking.

bout Å15 i'd say in order to keep BIS in tea and biscuits while they finish OFP2

I think for FP2 they are affraid that they can't release it in 2006 (they need more time to make it perfect) I think it will be 2007 so BIS has thinked of to keep the community happy and to make the waiting for FP2 shorter they ripped VBS1 addons and release end this year CA or AA my theory for PC wink_o.gif

And OFP2 in 2007 wink_o.gif

But I hope they have in CA or AA multiple gun mounts on vehicles possible, 3 crewed choppers, possible to fire a rocket from a car class, a soldier unit is able to carry 2 weapons(1 AK47 and a M16), Destroy able buildings and some more nice features than I would be happy and can wait for FP2 when it comes out in 2007 wink_o.gif

Or it can be BIS still plan to release FP2 in 2006 they just have thought man these guys from the community are such a nice guys lets throw a bone to these guys so a BONUS for us CA or AA but I dont think it will be an expansion pack for OFP1 think it will be a standalone game.

Offcourse those are just my theory I can be wrong tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hints:

- These new screens were first posted in the Flashpoint Photography thread. XBOX screens were posted in the XBOX forum.

- Also are the XBOX screens labeled XB and these are labeled CA or AA -> armed assault.

- It has also been said that there will be 3 games presented at E3 (OFP2, OFP XBOX, armed assault?)

Take your conclusions  wink_o.gif

To quote myself a few pages back  wink_o.gif

Personally I think Armed Assault will be a rerelease of the improved flashpoint engine to keep us happy until OFP2  wink_o.gif

I don't understand how they can do that though???

So it would be a new game altogether?? As OFP is version 1.96 at the moment, and we all know that they can't release it as OFP 1.97 so they are going to call it Armed Assualt?? That will confuse matters for a few people.

I might as well be a new game if they are going to rerelease OFP under a new name but with an updated engine? Surely that would have to be OFP release under Codies???

OFP on the Xbox looks nice with the new effects. The water/sea looks new too. As a true OFPer I can't wait to see it in action. blues.gif

Well I'd certainly say that most of us have gotten far more than the original purchase price out of OFP, especially considering the long support that BIS has given this.

I'd pay for an update (if it really were that).

Otherwise, this entire thread reads like a new season of the X-Files.

ofp 2 i reckon will be different and better than all the military games in e3

take ghost recon 3

thats ended up more of an action shootem up game than tactical

plus all modders for the game will probably leave, since they cancelled ghost recon 2 for pc where all the modders and addon makers were

bf 2

still smaller maps and no mission editor

ofp2 will kill all these games since it has a mission editor and addon makers and 1 hell of a game play

you know Ruff, it is a result of huge companies taking over the titles.

UBI killed Ghost Recon. That's what Codemasters wanted to do with OFP2. Squeeze money out of it and forget it.

Actually that's what UBI wants to do with Codemasters as well.

I think for FP2 they are affraid that they can't release it in 2006 (they need more time to make it perfect) I think it will be 2007 so BIS has thinked of to keep the community happy and to make the waiting for FP2 shorter they ripped VBS1 addons and release end this year CA or AA my theory for PC wink_o.gif

And OFP2 in 2007 wink_o.gif

But I hope they have in CA or AA multiple gun mounts on vehicles possible, 3 crewed choppers, possible to fire a rocket from a car class, a soldier unit is able to carry 2 weapons(1 AK47 and a M16), Destroy able buildings and some more nice features than I would be happy and can wait for FP2 when it comes out in 2007 wink_o.gif

Or it can be BIS still plan to release FP2 in 2006 they just have thought man these guys from the community are such a nice guys lets throw a bone to these guys so a BONUS for us CA or AA but I dont think it will be an expansion pack for OFP1 think it will be a standalone game.

Offcourse those are just my theory I can be wrong tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

That's pretty much OFP2 right there, besides the graphical updates. smile_o.gif

3 games, 3 days.

Tis my theory.

Nah, the armed assault page on VTV clearly showned xbox opf material so armed assault is problably xbox version, i mean who in their perfect sense would release an expantion for a old 4 year old game? Sure we would all buy, love and play it but think about profit and how many people still have and play OPF, now it could be a PC standalone project with improved graphics and models but that wouldnt be good enough for a release has people are expecting alot more to come (OPF2).

My bet is they are anouncing 3 games, for xbox, xbox360 and PC, i dont see it happening in a diferent way unless they are also anouncing that children game with father frost and stuff biggrin_o.gif .

Another thing against an expansion pack like that would be the probable incompatability with many mods and addons? Different head models, pixel shaders etc?

Somehow an expansion pack for OFP1 seems tad odd to me, the game is almost 4 years old now and the publisher is not with BIS anymore.

Nah, the armed assault page on VTV clearly showned xbox opf material so armed assault is problably xbox version, i mean who in their perfect sense would release an expantion for a old 4 year old game?

We all forgot one big thing:

Armed Assault just can't be XBOX because the Armed Assault screenshots (like this one) show all new islands and I believe it was stated some time ago that OFP XBOX would only include the 4 original islands and the BIS campaigns.

EDIT:

Link to XBOX interview