Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

We all forgot one big thing:

Armed Assault just can't be XBOX because the Armed Assault screenshots (like this one) show all new islands and I believe it was stated some time ago that OFP XBOX would only include the 4 original islands and the BIS campaigns.

EDIT:

Link to XBOX interview

Well the buildings are the same but i dont see why they wouldnt change the islands a bit to make them look diferent and new, after all we are all too familiar with the old ones and some changes would add to the game's value.

Now look at the buildings, M60 and the law poorly placed on that guys back, it has to be xbox opf.

in february someone from bis talk in an interview just about xbox(curent) and the new ofp(ofp2). why 1+1+1=3? crazy_o.gif maybe just 3 days to release! wow_o.gif (from february its enough time to do something) wink_o.gif

Armed Assault just can't be XBOX because the Armed Assault screenshots (like this one) show all new islands and I believe it was stated some time ago that OFP XBOX would only include the 4 original islands and the BIS campaigns.

EDIT:

Link to XBOX interview

Well the buildings are the same but i dont see why they wouldnt change the islands a bit to make them look diferent and new, after all we are all too familiar with the old ones and some changes would add to the game's value.

Now look at the buildings, M60 and the law poorly placed on that guys back, it has to be xbox opf.

Do you recognise one of the BIS islands in the pic I posted? I can't. Just look (especially in the background) at the terrain, it's just totally different from the default BIS islands. Sure the buildings look the same but that doesn't prove anything rock.gif

Do you recognise one of the BIS islands in the pic I posted? I can't. Just look (especially in the background) at the terrain, it's just totally different from the default BIS islands. Sure the buildings look the same but that doesn't prove anything  rock.gif

Maybe not on that one but on other pictures that look similar to that one there is one that seems to take place in the forest overlooking Morton.This one rock.gif . Problably not a exact replica but changes should be expected, especialy if you played and are familiar with the PC version smile_o.gif .

Hi all

Armed Assault is the X Box port

Says so here from BIS:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top

http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/xboxpressrelease.html

Guess some moddie should move this thread into the X Box forum and rename it from:

Quote[/b] ]OFP2 is now "Armed Assault"
to
Quote[/b] ]X Box OFP is now "Armed Assault"

Kind Regards Walker

Do you recognise one of the BIS islands in the pic I posted? I can't. Just look (especially in the background) at the terrain, it's just totally different from the default BIS islands. Sure the buildings look the same but that doesn't prove anything  rock.gif

Maybe not on that one but on other pictures that look similar to that one there is one that seems to take place in the forest overlooking Morton.This one rock.gif . Problably not a exact replica but changes should be expected, especialy if you played and are familiar with the PC version smile_o.gif .

That's not Morton. That's an unnamed bombed village on Kolgujev.

Hi all

Says so here from BIS:

Guess some moddie should move this thread into the X Box forum and rename it from:

to

Kind Regards Walker

cannot find anywhere the phrase "armed assault" on Xbox press release page... rock.gif

Nah, the armed assault page on VTV clearly showned xbox opf material so armed assault is problably xbox version, i mean who in their perfect sense would release an expantion for a old 4 year old game?

EDIT:

Link to XBOX interview

Plans can change. Why wouldn't BIS add new islands? And even that interview is dated May 2003.

I bet BIS wouldn't just sit on their arses for 2 years without doing anything to the game. (XBOX version, that is)

Even OFP2 should of been in the 1970's, but they changed the plan, or so it seems. rock.gif

EDIT: Damn, im slow. biggrin_o.gif

Do you recognise one of the BIS islands in the pic I posted? I can't. Just look (especially in the background) at the terrain, it's just totally different from the default BIS islands. Sure the buildings look the same but that doesn't prove anything rock.gif

That's not Morton. That's an unnamed bombed village on Kolgujev.

No it isn't.

Hi all

Says so here from BIS:

to

Kind Regards Walker

cannot find anywhere the phrase "armed assault" on Xbox press release page... rock.gif

Me neither wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Plans can change. Why wouldn't BIS add new islands? And even that interview is dated May 2003.

I bet BIS wouldn't just sit on their arses for 2 years without doing anything to the game. (XBOX version, that is)

Even OFP2 should of been in the 1970's, but they changed the plan, or so it seems.

In the press release it says it has four islands and I recognise all the islands in the screenshots. And why would they change plans?

Quote[/b] ]No it isn't.

I don't think so either wink_o.gif

I don't think so either  wink_o.gif

So what do you think? An expantion or update are very unlikely, maybe a new standalone game? Other than OPF2 rock.gif . Im confuse now, its time to end our torture here, BIS please tell us crazy_o.gif .

Ironsight is right Heatseeker.

Armed Assault is NOT the X-Box version of the game. That is proven by the screens. One evidence is a bridge displayed. The only bridge that I know is in Nogova, and you cant get a screen of that bridge on the same of the screen. You had to be on the sea, but thats not possible since you can see soldiers and troops on the surface 3/9 o' clock of the bridge.

Also the most recent news of the new game of BIS just prove what I and Ironsight say. BIS didnt mention even mention te word "Armed Assault" on them.

I don't think so either wink_o.gif

So what do you think? An expantion or update are very unlikely, maybe a new standalone game? Other than OPF2 rock.gif . Im confuse now, its time to end our torture here, BIS please tell us crazy_o.gif .

I think it will be a rerelease of the good old flashpoint with improved engine. Just to keep people interested in the game before OFP2 comes out smile_o.gif

Hi all

Says so here from BIS:

to

Kind Regards Walker

I don't see Armed Assualt in both post? rock.gif

Hi all

Says so here from BIS:

to

Kind Regards Walker

I don't see Armed Assualt in both post? rock.gif

Erm, they just pretty much cleared it out... at least for me, look a bit up smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]* OPERATION FLASHPOINT IS THE US REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF CODEMASTER SOFTWARE COMPANY LTD. THE ORIGINAL PRODUCTS MENTIONED ARE SOLD AND DISTRIBUTED BY BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO S.R.O., WHICH IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, AUTHORIZED BY OR RELATED TO THE TRADEMARK OWNER.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is the copyright notice on the bottom of the press release.  I guess this pretty much confirms the separation of BIS and Codemasters, which is good news in my opinion. CM did a horrible marketing job with OFP1.

Quote[/b] ]* OPERATION FLASHPOINT IS THE US REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF CODEMASTER SOFTWARE COMPANY LTD. THE ORIGINAL PRODUCTS MENTIONED ARE SOLD AND DISTRIBUTED BY BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO S.R.O., WHICH IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, AUTHORIZED BY OR RELATED TO THE TRADEMARK OWNER.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this is the copyright notice on the bottom of the press release. I guess this pretty much confirms the separation of BIS and Codemasters, which is good news in my opinion. CM did a horrible marketing job with OFP1.

BIS CM breakup thread here smile_o.gif

I think it will be a rerelease of the good old flashpoint with improved engine. Just to keep people interested in the game before OFP2 comes out  smile_o.gif

Eww, that would be kinda risky for them, because if it doesnt offer much improvements over OPF they may loose possible OPF2 customers, i dont know how i would react if that's the case, because BIS already spend much time developing the xbox version, spending more time with a new improved OPF instead of focusing on the sequel? I hope not, not that i wouldnt buy it but a whole new game would be so much better sad_o.gif ...

I don't think so either  wink_o.gif

I think it will be a rerelease of the good old flashpoint with improved engine. Just to keep people interested in the game before OFP2 comes out  smile_o.gif

that could be possible.. would be cool as well lol

Edit: Lol the mods must be going wild with all these threds being started lol theres been about 5 threds closed already lmao.. WoooW Everyone is just excited.. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I guess this pretty much confirms the separation of BIS and Codemasters, which is good news in my opinion. CM did a horrible marketing job with OFP1.

Yep, glad thats over. And I hate that I didn't hear about OFP1 when it got released, I am disapointed sad_o.gif

I think it will be a rerelease of the good old flashpoint with improved engine. Just to keep people interested in the game before OFP2 comes out smile_o.gif

Eww, that would be kinda risky for them, because if it doesnt offer much improvements over OPF they may loose possible OPF2 customers

Marketing is always a big gamble wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i dont know how i would react if that's the case, because BIS already spend much time developing the xbox version, spending more time with a new improved OPF instead of focusing on the sequel?

Is VBS1 not an improvement of the old OFP engine. Why can't they use elements of VBS1? Look at the latest VBS vids and see how much there has been improved wink_o.gif

Btw shouldn't this topic title be renamed, quite confusing. Armed Assualt isn't OFP2 is it? rock.gif

Is VBS1 not an improvement of the old OFP engine. Why can't they use elements of VBS1? Look at the latest VBS vids and see how much there has been improved  wink_o.gif

Not much really, models and textures plus new scripting and editing possibilities, i like how it looks and the units and content it has but i expect alot more from OPF2, engine features/improvements and gameplay wise smile_o.gif .

I guess this pretty much confirms the separation of BIS and Codemasters, which is good news in my opinion. CM did a horrible marketing job with OFP1.

Yep, glad thats over. And I hate that I didn't hear about OFP1 when it got released, I am disapointed sad_o.gif

yea its good.. but the bad part is that it wont be named OFP then sad_o.gif

yea its good.. but the bad part is that it wont be named OFP then  sad_o.gif

That's gone be a big blow on the BIS community, can take some time before we get used to the new name.

OFP sounded so nice sad_o.gif