Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

well time to adjust my vision on how good OFP2 should be, after seeing this.... wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

ok,then play battlefield2 and kill tanks with hand grenades :P

hum...... did you kind of mass up my POV? rock.gif

well time to adjust my vision on how good OFP2 should be, after seeing this.... wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

ok,then play battlefield2 and kill tanks with hand grenades :P

hum...... did you kind of mass up my POV? rock.gif

er....im spanish, and my english is veeeeery limitated, so.....i dont understand your last phrase smile_o.gif

That was on some other thread this morning tounge_o.gif

..pooor BI forums sad_o.gif

- Ben

This is getting right royally on my tits.

Why bother waiting till tommorrow, why not just tell and show now??? biggrin_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Need more info capt'n

The trees in the background of that second shot look dreadful. Is itedited, or is it actually ingame? I'm suprised that BIS/Codemasters didn't wait for the Xbox 360...

I think BIS should work on their OFP2 soldiers a bit. I would like to see something more "alive". Something like this...

Material on BIS soldier (especially face) is kind of strange. But they have plenty of time to fix it so i bet at the end it will be waay better than now smile_o.gif

"The trees in the background of that second shot look dreadful.  Is itedited, or is it actually ingame?  I'm suprised that BIS/Codemasters didn't wait for the Xbox 360..."

It,s edited, you see the same in the 1st picture...

Well, it looks better than what we got now and OPF2 is still far from release, considering the xbox spec they seem to have done a very good job, 64 megs of ram crazy_o.gif

For 360 they will problably make a OPF2 version, considering its wild HW specs it should turn out visualy nice.

edit: typos..

I think BIS should work on their OFP2 soldiers a bit. I would like to see something more "alive". Something like this...

Material on BIS soldier (especially face) is kind of strange. But they have plenty of time to fix it so i bet at the end it will be waay better than now smile_o.gif

As long as the fingers don't look like sausages any more... I also hope that there are different animations for holding a gun - not like OFP where there is the same hand position for holding a MP5 as there is for holding a M60.

Oh and thanks for clealring that up LPFan_NL.

i dont care what anyone of you think.. its still sortoff early in development . to me this is a mayjor step forward.... these screens posted by Jordan Man Darek are just awesome.!!

I'm hoping there is both Army and Marine stuff in the game. Or perhaps it is just the new Army digital camo scheme. The new ACU should be given out to the Army soon. Check here

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=6042

There are 3 types they said. So maybe we aren't seeing MARPAT at all.. But then what about the A4.. And that one APC looks like a Marine carrier... I wish we had some offical word smile_o.gif

No, there will be only one universal pattern issued for the Army, the grey/blue one. Hard to believe, I know, but it is confirmed and it is currently being issued to Army units. No desert/wood patterns anymore.

Rest assured the camo in these screens, except for the old Woodland camo, is wood and desert MARPAT. The UH-1N helicopter, MARPAT infantry, AAVP7A1 APC and M16A4 rifle are all Marine equipment, but the M1A2, possibly the woodland camo soldier and possibly the HMMWV are Army (The Humvee is missing its snorkel that USMC Humvees usually have). It wouldn't surprise me if they went for a Marine-heavy approach, they're especially in vogue nowadays, for example First to Fight and Battlefield 2 cast Marines as the U.S side. Well, looking at OFP1 everything is far from ultrarealistic and consistent so maybe I'm reading too much into it. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Conspiracy theory to rule them all! wow_o.gif

Hahaha. Ok.

Oh, I didn't know they went with just one.. And the grey one at that rock.gif

I do hope they go more with the Marines myself. In OFP I couldn't help but wonder why it was Army only. Especially with the invasion to take back the island. I mean, isn't that what Marines do... Storm beaches smile_o.gif I'd really like to see Army, Airborne, and Marines wow_o.gif

i dont care what anyone of you think.. its still sortoff early in development . to me this is a mayjor step forward.... these screens posted by Jordan Man Darek are just awesome.!!

I couldn,t agree more! wink_o.gif

I couldn,t agree more! wink_o.gif

Me too, well except for the T80/90 tank ones, those didnt impress me has much has the others smile_o.gif .

Those 2 screens of the XBox version that are posted by macguba This picture those soldier face, body hand are 200% for sure from VBS1 it seems BIS has just ported VBS1 units maybe some vehicles too to OFP CWC XBox.

I dont think the guys at BIS should waste their time competing with the addons made by the community. They will certainly lose. Instead they should focus on getting the engine right.

Come to think of it, actually I don't care how their models look like! I am not going to buy ofp2 because of some models ad textures. That is not important in the long run. What matters is what kind of gameplay the engine will permit.

I have to disagree with that, i hope the game comes with fantastic looking units and a shitload of them, there is a reason why the old OPF BIS units dont look so great, performance and age, the game is very old and at the time of release most of us had PIII's and the game wasnt all that smooth remember?

Now look at the models and textures made for VBS1 and show me one user made unit that looks that good, nope there isnt any so dont underestimate the professionalism of BIS art developers wink_o.gif .

Then there is art related issues, meaning the diference betwean diferent artists skill, style and features and the fact that 2 addons made by diferent people may be of great quality but they may not look good put together ingame or even look like units from two completely diferent games wich causes a bad overall efect while the stock stuff even if less detailed blends perfectly well.

Then there is MP and the fact that some servers will make you dowload a gig+ of addons where many other than visualy wont actualy improve or change gameplay much and may even degrade gameplay performance, not to mention version names and mismatches betwean beta's and 1.05 and 1.05,5 versions, now add config and other errors/bugs to the mix and you got MP nightmare you see wink_o.gif .

So i must say that im alot more interested in the stock units that will come with OPF2 and their quality than with usermade addons at this moment, and i also hope BIS gives us the best possible relation betwean gameplay and performance with their own stuff, mostly so we can play the game online without needing to download 10 diferent M4 pack addons.

So all im saying is, yes i do apretiate comunity made addons alot and yes, its nice to add new content to the game but right now we dont even know what will come with the game, so i think we should all enjoy it first (when it comes) and worry about addons later smile_o.gif .

OK,OK I take that back: sure I want OFP2 (or any other game) to look as brilliant as possible. That is only natural.

But game producers have limited resources. And given the choice between a superb-looking OFP2 with mediocre game play, and a mediocre-looking OFP2 with superb game play, I'd chose the latter. So I hope that BIS will use their resources in a way that is of long term benefit to their customers. After OFP:R I have bought several games that all gave me a terrific first impression, because of their graphics or their net code, and later turned out to be a total piece of crap. That is why I always return to Flashpoint. There is no other game that is so complex, yet so much fun to play and that constantly keeps evolving. The original graphics suck no doubt. tounge_o.gif

And yes, you are right: most mods and addons cannot be used for missions because their configs are totally messed up by some myopic addon maker. But some stuff from Finmod, BOH, VME, BAS, CLSA etc. is truly brilliant and if those guys try their luck on OFP2 I am pretty certain they will top what BIS did. Not because they are more talented, but because they have more time, more man-power, and because they can use the original stuff from BIS whenever they like.

I cannot say much about VBS since I don't own it, but the videos I saw look like LSR's US-SpecOps set on Tonal. VBS looks good but so do the community addons. I think it is not so much the lack of quality of most addons but more the lack of consistency you complain about.

I think what OFP2 needs is some kind of endorsement process for addons. Senior members of the community should decide what kind of addons become "official" addons. Then those addons could be included in future patches. So we would have a certain set of standard addons. That should stop addon makers from making stuff nobody wants and it might encourage them to work together and get some beta testing by mission makers before putting out their stuff.

Those 2 screens of the XBox version that are posted by macguba This picture those soldier face, body hand are 200% for sure from VBS1 it seems BIS has just ported VBS1 units maybe some vehicles too to OFP CWC XBox.

Narrr BIS would of made theres from scrach.. biggrin_o.gif damm they must be hard a work creating 2 games at once.. just shows there the best!!!

<I`m dreaming of a white>...damn it....

<ofp2, with all the features It will have>

sleep time xmas_o.gif

tommorow:

from 6am to 9pm crazy_o.gif

mad_o.gif

bye ppl blues.gif

ps sweet dreams mods ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think what OFP2 needs is some kind of endorsement process for addons. Senior members of the community should decide what kind of addons become "official" addons. Then those addons could be included in future patches. So we would have a certain set of standard addons.

This already exists to some extent with the Addons At Ease standard.   Which, sadly, the addon community has in general failed to adopt.

i think i know now why there is no snow i reckon there will besuch random weater changes that sometimes it starts snowing and it stays on the ground and then FULL of snow on the floor and then it can change back and slowly dry out again whad do you think ppl? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think what OFP2 needs is some kind of endorsement process for addons. Senior members of the community should decide what kind of addons become "official" addons. Then those addons could be included in future patches. So we would have a certain set of standard addons.

This already exists to some extent with the Addons At Ease standard. Which, sadly, the addon community has in general failed to adopt.

I think he meant that addons from the community be made OFFICIAL i.e acknowledged by the devs and put up in their patches as part of the 'game' and not free stuff anymore. This could bring complications if the mod makers demand money for this.

I do see how this could elevate OFP2's chances as a best selling game but it has several draw backs too.

I didn't have time to read through the whole topic, but has anybody thought about this.

The old pictures published about independence lost had USMC in it. And now we are watching at pictures where we see guys with MARPAT, AAVP-7, M1A1 HA, HMMVV, UH-1N, AH-1W? Maybe we are seeing pics of OFP2's expansion pack, which will be independence lost (you know there read's "delayed until OFP2")? And armed assault is the OFP2? smile_o.gif

Tell me what you think...

Latest OFP Xbox?

..sorry, I got bored tounge_o.gif

Anyway, if their basing Armed Assault on the OFP engine, it's not going to change into Counter-Strike, is it, it'll still be same engine, made more efficant, like VBS1, but even more-so, cause they've had more time to tweak. smile_o.gif

The biggest flaw with OFP was the netcode, and after that (IMHO) things like config errors being totaly and utterly useless (", inplace of 3 somewhere in your 33495 line config"), and random crashes etc, the graphics were only a problem with low LODs, where some stuff could be very hard to see cause it was on too low a LOD

But the next game will get past all of them, I hope, even if it does just that (It will do more, no question) I'd be more than happy biggrin_o.gif

So what ever else happens is a bonus ;)

- Ben