Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

bah this is all confusing... 2 more days and we will have the truth...

I guess this pretty much confirms the separation of BIS and Codemasters, which is good news in my opinion. CM did a horrible marketing job with OFP1.

Yep, glad thats over. And I hate that I didn't hear about OFP1 when it got released, I am disapointed sad_o.gif

yea its good.. but the bad part is that it wont be named OFP then  sad_o.gif

That's gone be a big blow on the BIS community, can take some time before we get used to the new name.

OFP sounded so nice sad_o.gif

As long as they don't call it OPF! biggrin_o.gif

I guess this pretty much confirms the separation of BIS and Codemasters, which is good news in my opinion. CM did a horrible marketing job with OFP1.

Yep, glad thats over. And I hate that I didn't hear about OFP1 when it got released, I am disapointed sad_o.gif

yea its good.. but the bad part is that it wont be named OFP then  sad_o.gif

That's gone be a big blow on the BIS community, can take some time before we get used to the new name.

OFP sounded so nice sad_o.gif

Opera's Flashgame? rock.gif  tounge_o.gif

Anyway..

Placebo, can you lighten this up a bit? We are all like confused ants. tounge_o.gif

viva la OpF ! xmas_o.gif

and we do not call it that way but write it; tounge_o.gif

Releasing Armed Assault as an expansion is very, very unlikely, their selling OFP GOTY for Å9, I doubt they won't just put the expansion up from Å20 to Å30, and sell it as a full game (ÅGBP btw)

here in belgium you can buy the GOTY edition for €6.99 ;)

I think Mr Thundermaker posted the bottom statement on the Xbox release, about the CM owning the OPF name, that strongly suggests the split.

Now about the AA naming, here's the top of that page:

Quote[/b] ]Bohemia Interactive Studio is pleased to announce details of the military combat game for a current generation console.

Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint

Suspicicously absent: "...Is pleased to announce details of Operation Flashpoint for a current generation console."

Why is the name not released, yet the details are? hmm???  HMMMMmmmm.  rock.gif

(Is the whole franchise going to Armed Assault?)  rock.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I think Mr Thundermaker posted the bottom statement on the Xbox release, about the CM owning the OPF name, that strongly suggests the split.

Now about the AA naming, here's the top of that page:

Quote[/b] ]Bohemia Interactive Studio is pleased to announce details of the military combat game for a current generation console.

Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint

Suspicicously absent: "...Is pleased to announce details of Operation Flashpoint for a current generation console."

Why is the name not released, yet the details are? hmm???  HMMMMmmmm.  rock.gif

(Is the whole franchise going to Armed Assault?)  rock.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

But on the Xbox press release it says that the publisher isn't known yet - but it's not Codies, but they are calling it OFP.  ...but I guess it's a different matter when they are releasing a console game of an already existing game, to when they are making a sequel.  I'm calling it OFP2, no matter what the real name.

We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

Is this good enought? I am angry on gamespot for not doing anything about the pics or the info we have been given in the last 3 days and I want to post this on there E3 thread.

Quote[/b] ]I have been PM almost every damn writer here and no reply or action.

I must say that I am disapointed of the efford.

First of all I must say that Bohemia Interactive Studios have given out a press release at E3 where it says that the xbox version of Operation Flashpoint will come at the Q3 2005. Do also notice that it says that they don't have any publisher anymore, which was Codemasters before.

This is the press release

Unconfirmed sources says that Codemasters is no long the publisher to Bohemias's games, which means that the roumers of publishing change is about to happen. I will also report that there is a chance that the xbox version is gone change the name to 'Armed Assualt' or that maybe the comming Operation Flashpoint 2 will have this name, but all this is unconfirmed.

The days before E3 Bohemia Interactive Studios also updated it's flashpoint sites with new pictures of Operation Flashpoint 2 and Operation Flashpoint on Xbox, which still hasnt been posted on the sites gamespot has.

Pictures is here (OFP2)

Thank you for your notice.

Straight this up if something is wrong here.

My point was, nowhere on that press release does it state that the name of the game is OFP.. They do NOT state any name at all.

Edit: Is there a discrepancy in information on the site? or in the press release itself did they just expect everyone to know what they were looking at.. just curious.. that's all

hehe, I hope Armed Assault is a stand-alone OFP that gets released on christmas with the new "PPU", so we can have 1000 of units on the screen at the sametime. xD *dreaming away.........*

First of all, I'm sure the xbox version won't be called armed assault.

armed assault will be a pc game,for those whot think it's a ps2 game: the ps2 is to weak for a flashpoint game. for those who think it's a xbox 360 game. they can't have a game developed for the xbox 360 so far if the console will only be released in a year or 2. So AA must be an addon game (patch for our old flashpoint) or a standalone game based on the flashpoint engine. I would like a game like that, but I also think like some others that it's a crazy if you look at marketing. But BI needs to decide about that.

I think they will press AA tommorow, and the last day OFP2.

So we will see what it wil brings, we are allready waiting for years, so one more night will be ok, lol, altough I'm very excited.

greetz

(PS: sorry for my bad english)

I figured it out!

Armed Assault is the Nintendo DS version of OFP! biggrin_o.gif

I figured it out!

Armed Assault is the Nintendo DS version of OFP! biggrin_o.gif

Nah, it's a modified version of ECP :P

My point was, nowhere on that press release does it state that the name of the game is OFP.. They do NOT state any name at all.

Edit: Is there a discrepancy in information on the site? or in the press release itself did they just expect everyone to know what they were looking at.. just curious.. that's all

You been living under a rock for the last 6 months? tounge_o.gif

Codemasters has the rights to the "operation flashpoint" trademark and BIS and codemasters have split up.

Why not call it Combined Arms, if I'm not mistaken it is the second mission in OFP. tounge_o.gif

Nah just joking.... hopefully E3 will reveal some things...

Why not call it Combined Arms

It reminds me about the combine troops in HL2.

Community is living exiting days right now...

Yeah seems they have split... and yes I only noticed that this new console game is NOT operation Flashpoint. Its the same thing I guess, the same content, thats why I , and many others, thought this was OFP X-Box. The two main reasons:

- The content of this new game is the same of OFP

- It said console game, so the name OFP X-Box popped up

This is all speculation though. We know nothing but really nothing. And whats puzzling me, is , apart from the 0 announcements by both parts (BIS and CM), the websites have not yet been updated with nothing.

So for those who dont travel around the forums, the scenario remains:

- OFP X-Box for this Autumn

- OFP2 with the 3 theaters and to be released in 2006.

But you know the drill in the videogames industry... everything is slow. And its gonna take some time for CM to announce the separation of BIS and vice-versa. Probably just formal stuff.

PS - This "new game" is identical to OFP, except the graphics. It doesnt make any sense.

Quote[/b] ]PS - This "new game" is identical to OFP, except the graphics. It doesnt make any sense.

They've shown half a dozen screen shots from 3 different games, how can you say its identical to OFP except the gaphics?

I noticed on the 2 new picks on gamezone.cz for armed assault, the terrain in the background looks almost identical to Nogova though, the bridge that splits the two villages in the south.

You been living under a rock for the last 6 months? tounge_o.gif

Codemasters has the rights to the "operation flashpoint" trademark and BIS and codemasters have split up.

First of all what kind of a crappy agreement was this , OFP was created by BIS name and all who are Codies to hold on to it. If they want out then bye bye it was good for awhile now get lost. What will they do with that name? Name a new game with it and release it? Cheap skates...

OFP2 article credits Codies and shows them as publishers still...

Just read that news article they completely ignore BIS as the driving force behind OFP (they are the damn makers/programmers without them there is no such thing as OFP) so how come credit goes to codies .. "First look at Codies' endlessly delayed FPS sequel " .... that makes it look like as if they are making IT , then this ... "The game - currently in development at Prague's Bohemia Interactive Studio " ... now that makes BIS look like slaves working for codies crazy_o.gif .

I dont like this industry bias of giving publisher more credit/hightlight and praise rather then the people who are actually making it.

Quote[/b] ]PS - This "new game" is identical to OFP, except the graphics. It doesnt make any sense.

They've shown half a dozen screen shots from 3 different games, how can you say its identical to OFP except the gaphics?

I noticed on the 2 new picks on gamezone.cz for armed assault, the terrain in the background looks almost identical to Nogova though, the bridge that splits the two villages in the south.

The bridge was my first thought about it's relationship to OFP ^^

Nor the graphic, nor the soldiers, no, it was the damn bridge.

As island designer I really hate nothing more than bridges, because they never fit as you want them. biggrin_o.gif (Perhaps that engine is capable of overlandbridges biggrin_o.gif)

My theory:

AA is something to make some money, so that BI can buy the OFP name back from CM tounge_o.gif

I mean, I would buy it anyway wink_o.gif

Ill buy anything that BIS releases for PC lol

I still think Armed Assault will be the xbox OPF with cwc and res, if BIS really is half way thru with development of OPF sequel and will be demoing it at E3 i dont understand why they would bother releasing a slightly improved remake of the first game rock.gif .

I also hope that if BIS relations with CM is really going down the toilet that BIS will be able to find a decent publisher for them, i was feeling more enthusiastic about all this recent news yesterday sad_o.gif ...

I still think Armed Assault will be the xbox OPF with cwc and res, if BIS really is half way thru with development of OPF sequel and will be demoing it at E3 i dont understand why they would bother releasing a slightly improved remake of the first game rock.gif .

I also hope that if BIS relations with CM is really going down the toilet that BIS will be able to find a decent publisher for them, i was feeling more enthusiastic about all this recent news yesterday sad_o.gif ...

I've gotta agree with you. Come on people look at the facts!!!

OFP is codies trademark, the screenies for AA are crap compared to the other screenies that have been leaked. Therefore, unless the addon has nothing to do with OFP/Codemasters and is a completely new game... no addon (VBS maybe?) then its got to be the xbox version.

crazy_o.gif

Here's my theory...

AA is Flashpoint 2.. otherwise it wouldn't be on www.flashpoint2.com.

The screens we have seen is from the Xbox version of Flashpoint (the ones that looks like VBS1 or a modded OFP) and the awsome looking screenies (the ones on www.flashpoint2.com) is from Flashopint 2:Armed Assault.

Flashpoint for X-box will be called Flashpoint with a cool tag.. like Flashpoint : Bad Badgers

AA (i.e Flashpoint 2) is a stand-alone, brand new game built on an anvanced and WAY more flexible and powerful version of the flashpoint engine.

So basically I think they will make the best game ever made the best game that will ever have been made with the new one.

That was my theory. And I'm always right.  tounge_o.gif