Pictures look way better now biggrin_o.gif

Press release – New game from Bohemia Interactive Studio

Prague, Czech Republic – 19th May 2005

Armed Assault

Format: PC CDROM

Genre: First person military combat

Release date: Q4 2005

Publisher: To be determined

Bohemia Interactive Studio is proud to announce the development of the first person combat game – ARMED ASSAULT.

Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint*: Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming.

Armed Assault features a new engine with a fresh modern setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation.

Get ready to explore massive environments. Combat intelligent enemies that try to outthink and outmaneuver you. Preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict.

* Compatible with community created content

* Large selection of playable military and civilian gear and vehicles

* Fight for freedom in a new storyline

* Map covering over 100 sq. km, in extreme detail

* Comprehensive multiplayer support with join in progress

* Customizable game with built-in mission editor

About Bohemia Interactive Studio:

Bohemia Interactive Studio, headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, is an independent game development studio that focuses on developing state of the art computer entertainment software and the research of advanced real time 3D graphics, artificial intelligence and physical simulation technologies for real-time interactive environments. Previous titles include the 1.5 million selling, multiple award winning PC game Operation Flashpoint*. Proprietary technology created by Bohemia Interactive Studio is also powering military simulation programs run by USMC, US National Guard, ADF and other military organizations worldwide.

[ig]http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/AA1.jpg[/ig]

AA2.jpg

[ig]http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/AA3.jpg[/ig]

AA4.jpg

AA5.jpg

Thank you BIS biggrin_o.gif

So does AA have the same graphics as the Xbox version?

Because if you compare them i don,t see much diffrence.

AA site is up BTW...

(Im a little behind im sorry, sorry for bad english 2)

Being an xbox owner I can tell you that very likely viewdistance is better on pc and textures will surely be prettier.

Yes this is all very interesting. Two OFP2's... not to mention VBS... This is a lot to handle... Good to hear that community addons will be supported.

BTW, is this the hugest topic ever?

I hope this has better CQB.  wink_o.gif

and A new campaign it sounds like  smile_o.gif

I'm feeling very happy today. Cant wait for the OFP2 press realease

*edit*BIS have been a bunch of busy people. I mean look. Jesus, they are the best game devoloupers ever. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Switch ON!

17 May 2005 - Welcome to the new Armed Assault web page. Check out our E3 showcard or first screenshots and remember, stay <span style='color:red'>TUNED</span>!

by Bistudio

Is this a hint? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Switch ON!

17 May 2005 - Welcome to the new Armed Assault web page. Check out our E3 showcard or first screenshots and remember, stay <span style='color:red'>TUNED</span>!

by Bistudio

Is this a hint? biggrin_o.gif

That's an order!

Look at these beautiful shadows on the faces of the soldiers biggrin_o.gif

Ah, this is better then christmas and eastern on one day biggrin_o.gif

I noticed the soldiers have improved patrolling animations and are making more intelligent use of cover as well. Also, the models are much more detailed. Great work BIS!

Where did you notice these things Schoeler?

BTW, regarding the name 'Armed Assault'...

Codemasters will be pissed because we will simply continue to refer to it as OFP. We're at 1.96 now, so this will technically be OFP build 2.

The pictures look damn near VBS 1 quality!! Fantastic BIS, I LOVE YOU! biggrin_o.gif

WoW I just dreamed on creating a new multiplayer multi-layer poly polygon face of my Kofi Annan for AA!

It surely will look great! wink_o.gif

BTW: Can we agree to not cutting it down to AA. People might confuse it with americas Army

BTW: Can we agree to not cutting it down to AA. People might confuse it with americas Army

Agreed biggrin_o.gif

So, how do we call it? OFP 1.5 ? OFP:AA ?

See this is similar to my expectations of OFP2 (ArmedAssault). If AA is this good than I still cant imagine how much better OFP2 will be................................................... smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Well, how do you refer to old school, non-resistance OFP? 1.46, right? We'll have a version number soon enough. In the meantime, the term 'OFP' simply means the latest version.

Americas Army , to hell with that from now on AA shall be remembered in history as Armed Assault tounge_o.gif . Its an expansion anyway so doesnt matter , we will call it OFP : AA. If you cant beat'em join'em we'll just take this acronym from them , muhahaha ghostface.gif

Man i cant wait for AA now , btw does anyone know how far back OFP2 has been thrown now? 2007/08?

Arm Ass tounge_o.gif short and sounds weird

would like to see a comprehensive list of whats new in FP:AA comapred to OFP:R

smile_o.gif

Hi all

Quick apology I thought Armed Assault was the X Box version now I find Armed Assault is the game we all dreamed of.

Wow Join in Progress and just look at the quality of the faces!

Thanks BIS biggrin_o.gif

Man, it´s been a while since i posted here but it´s been a crazy couple of days filled with surprises!!

Thanks BIS for the effort and i hope the new engine will give us new blood and rejuvenation.

Looking great!!

Hmm one question bugs me is AA an expansion (meaning requires OFP-R) or is it standalone?

From the press release:

....Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers...

What does that mean? They didnt say whether it was an expansion pack or not ? All this is i guess from that Codies fallout mad_o.gif , damn complications.

If its a new game would that mean bye bye old OFP folder.