Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

I still dont see the diffrence between OFP AA and OFP Xbox, other then one is for PC and other is for Xbox smile_o.gif

So this is not xbox version ?

Why are they releasing the game again on pc ??

Whats going on i am getting confused now crazy_o.gif

So this is not xbox version ?

Why are they releasing the game again on pc ??

Whats going on i am getting confused now  crazy_o.gif

Yea I'm just giving up right now.

Nobody at Gamespot.com or ign.com is covering this crap, it would be good to know, but it's like they walk by BIstudio showroom

once again check  THIS at channel # 4

wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Nothing.... sad_o.gif

You are the Joker man.....  blues.gif

try again....

it s exactly HERE (open up your speakers)

wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Nothing.... sad_o.gif

try again....

it s exactly HERE  (open up your speakers)

wink_o.gif

What fantastic voice acting

blues.gif

wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Nothing.... sad_o.gif

try again....

it s exactly HERE  (open up your speakers)

wink_o.gif

What fantastic voice acting

blues.gif

No news, this "voice" is older than 3 days.....

Quote[/b] ]Why are they releasing the game again on pc ??

BECAUSE we want them to! Simple as that! OFPAA just like OFP1 will live from inofficial addons and Mods. So only a PC can add life and excitement to OFPAA, no console will be able to do that.

That video was for the first OFP Cold War Crisis tounge_o.gif

Anyone notice on the e3 press release PDF (e3showcard) contains what was said to be OFP Xbox screenie..?

(The guy with the thing wraped around his face, with the HK)..

The shadows are totaly different, no shadows on face, and the models look bad compared to others, maybe just space filler? tounge_o.gif

It IS an xbox screenie, it was named XbE302 and hosted on the official BIS server flashpoint1985.com. Armed Assault seriously looks like a variation of OFP Xbox for PC, with engine fixes and the major difference being a new island?

I'm really confused, some things are so contradictory. smile_o.gif

Like, why does the AA press release say that AA features a 'fresh modern setting' or something like that and in the AA animation one soldier is using an ugly-ass old BIS M60? The M60 was phased out from infantry use in about 2001-2 at the latest.

AAClouds.jpg

BTW: Can we agree to not cutting it down to AA. People might confuse it with americas Army

Agreed biggrin_o.gif

So, how do we call it? OFP 1.5 ? OFP:AA ?

OFPAA sounds good to me! Good sugestion! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

So Armed Assault is written OFPAA

Should there be 4 different forums from now on?

OFP-XBox

OFP

OFPAA

OFP2

I just had a good laugh...

If you take the OFPAA and switch the letters to OPFAA .... tounge_o.gif

(For those non-german speakers, it has the meaning like victim, although it's written "opfer"... ok, won't be funny for you I guess ^^)

Yo k@voven, so sieht das aus.

I think, in a few days we will get the OFPAA Forum.

So, and now we have to wait for the OFP2 Pressrelease tomorrow *freu*

Ok.. so currently there isnt even an OFP2. Currently there is only OFPAA and a game without a name for end 2006. Both being developed by BIS

Codemasters has the right for the term "Operation Flashpoint 2" and currently there is no such game in development. OFP2 does not yet exist, and it will never be created by the same developers!

Reminds me of Novalogic's pathetic "Delta Force Extreme". That too is a stand-alone game, but 90% based on other old stuff Novalogic did. As I say I think it is pathetic, because I dont like it. On the other hand, they only want 20$ for it.

So yeah I guess I would make sense to release AA as a stand-alone low-budget title. I dare to predict that by the end of this year a lot of people will be sick of Battlefield 2. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Armed Assault might be exactly what they are looking for. unclesam.gif

Ok.. so currently there isnt even an OFP2. Currently there is only OFPAA and a game without a name for end 2006. Both being developed by BIS

Codemasters has the right for the term "Operation Flashpoint 2" and currently there is no such game in development. OFP2 does not yet exist, and it will never be created by the same developers!

read it again..it says Q3 2005 tounge_o.gif

OMG OFP2 or what ever its name is to be will be released tomorrow woow @ E3 (info)

Armed Assualt = OFP 1.5 i think lol... just they cant have that.. and OMG i want it now lol..

Q4 2005

IT ALSO HAS J-I-P woow

What is that other unnamed project? OFPAA is Q3 2005...I missed something I guess rock.gif

Incorrect

OFPAA is planned for Q4 2005, your news are from yesterday!

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault

Format: PC CDROM

Genre: First person military combat

Release date: Q4 2005

Publisher: To be determined

Quote[/b] ]Erscheinen soll Armed Assault  im 4. Quartal 2005.
Gamestar journalists currently on E3

And the unnamed project with a fully new concept is planned for Q4 2006

Quote[/b] ]Am spannendsten ist das Spiel, das noch keinen Namen hat. Nach eigener Aussage arbeitet Bohemia an einem »PC-Spiel der nächsten Generation«. Das erinnert an Operation Flashpoint, soll jedoch wesentlich dynamischer sein. So tobt in jedem der drei Story-Kapitel ein Krieg, in dem freundliche und feindliche KI-Einheiten rund um die Uhr kämpfen. Aus dem Kriegsgeschehen generiert das Spiel Missionen, die Sie im ersten Story-Kapitel als einfacher Soldat bestreiten. Im zweiten Kapitel führen Sie als Kommandeur eigene Truppen ins Feld und tüfteln selbst Missionen aus. Das dritte Kapitel versetzt Sie in die Kevlarrüstung eines Elitesoldaten, der hinter den feindlichen Linien schleicht und sabotiert. Wie in Operation Flashpoint fahren oder fliegen Sie außerdem Panzer, Hubschrauber, LKWs, Jeeps und Boote. Rollenspiel-Elemente sollen die Schlachten würzen: Sie führen rudimentäre Gespräche mit Soldaten (»Wie viele russische Panzer hast du gesehen?«) und verbessern im Spielverlauf die Talente Ihres Soldaten. Einen Publisher hat Bohemia allerdings noch nicht gefunden; das namenlose Spiel erscheint zudem frühestens Ende 2006. Warum das Spiel überhaupt namenlos ist? Weil die Rechte am Namen Operation Flashpoint bei Publisher Codemasters liegen, Bohemia derzeit aber nicht mit Codemasters zusammen arbeitet.

So you should read again!  wink_o.gif

Incorrect

OFPAA is planned for Q4 2005, your news are from yesterday!

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault

Format: PC CDROM

Genre: First person military combat

Release date: Q4 2005

Publisher: To be determined

Quote[/b] ]Erscheinen soll Armed Assault  im 4. Quartal 2005.
Gamestar journalists currently on E3

And the unnamed project with a fully new concept is planned for Q4 2006

Quote[/b] ]Am spannendsten ist das Spiel, das noch keinen Namen hat. Nach eigener Aussage arbeitet Bohemia an einem »PC-Spiel der nächsten Generation«. Das erinnert an Operation Flashpoint, soll jedoch wesentlich dynamischer sein. So tobt in jedem der drei Story-Kapitel ein Krieg, in dem freundliche und feindliche KI-Einheiten rund um die Uhr kämpfen. Aus dem Kriegsgeschehen generiert das Spiel Missionen, die Sie im ersten Story-Kapitel als einfacher Soldat bestreiten. Im zweiten Kapitel führen Sie als Kommandeur eigene Truppen ins Feld und tüfteln selbst Missionen aus. Das dritte Kapitel versetzt Sie in die Kevlarrüstung eines Elitesoldaten, der hinter den feindlichen Linien schleicht und sabotiert. Wie in Operation Flashpoint fahren oder fliegen Sie außerdem Panzer, Hubschrauber, LKWs, Jeeps und Boote. Rollenspiel-Elemente sollen die Schlachten würzen: Sie führen rudimentäre Gespräche mit Soldaten (»Wie viele russische Panzer hast du gesehen?«) und verbessern im Spielverlauf die Talente Ihres Soldaten. Einen Publisher hat Bohemia allerdings noch nicht gefunden; das namenlose Spiel erscheint zudem frühestens Ende 2006. Warum das Spiel überhaupt namenlos ist? Weil die Rechte am Namen Operation Flashpoint bei Publisher Codemasters liegen, Bohemia derzeit aber nicht mit Codemasters zusammen arbeitet.

So you should read again!  wink_o.gif

Hey Germans, would you care to translate this? wink_o.gif