Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

Ok.. so currently there isnt even an OFP2. Currently there is only OFPAA and a game without a name for end 2006. Both being developed by BIS

Codemasters has the right for the term "Operation Flashpoint 2" and currently there is no such game in development. OFP2 does not yet exist, and it will never be created by the same developers!

read it again..it says Q3 2005 tounge_o.gif

So what, the sweet ass graphics that we saw is OFP 2 AND it will be released by codies?rock.gif

Somehow i don't think so.

AA is not OFP2!  If the game tommorrow is not being published by codies then it wont be called OFP2 and thus OFP2 as far as we know is not being developed.

Codies = OFP - Nothing at there stand

BIS = UnNamed XBOX - E3 Day1

BIS = AA PC - Q4 2005 - E3 Day2

BIS = UnNamed (game with sweet graphics) - Q4 2006 (maybe) - E3 Day3

okay

how much would this game be?

currently i think australian dollar is 70 cents US

$80 for this game?

or 40?

either way ill make the money and buy it

im thinking though it should be cheaper than the original ofp since this game will be like another expansion even though it boasts its a stand alone and ofp2 (unnamed because codemasters have copyright of it, but is considered ofp2 since bis is creating it  and based on ofp1) will be released Q4 2006. exactly one year to spend another $80 bucks for a better but similar game?  ofp2 will then have an even more diff engine making ofp1 and AA addons unsuited for the game.

im just thinking will it be cheaper than the original ofp when it was first released.

im talking about AA

So i understood correctly that Armed Assault is in fact "addon" style to OFPR ?

as i saw somewhere i will be able run OFP/OFPR within with many "visual" etc improvements (let say like Half-Life 1:Source edition)

i wonder what will be cost of this addon ... (can't wait ... damn i want it so badly ... i pay 10 bucks for public beta ! )

Hi,

For an improper one (neither German nor English is my mothertongue):

"The most exciting is the game, that hasn't got a name yet. According to their own words Bohemia is working on a "next generation PC game". That brings Operation Flashpoint to memory, but should on the other hand be substantially more dynamic. Thus a war rages in each of the three-chaptered story, in which friendly and hostile AI-units are continually fighting. The game generates missions from the war, which you will fight in the first story chapter as a common soldier/private. In the second chapter you lead as commander your own forces in the field and hand out missions yourself. The thrid chapter moves you into the kevlargear of an elite soldier, which crawls around and sabotages behind enemy lines. Like in Operation Flashpoint you drive or fly armour, helicopters, trucks, jeeps and ships. Roleplaying elements will spice up the battles: you conduct rudimentary conversations with soldiers ("How many Russian tanks have you seen?") and improve the skills of your soldiers. A publisher Bohemia has not found yet: the unnamed game appears at the earliest at the end of 2006. The reason why the game has no name? Because the rights to the name Operation Flashpoint are with publisher Codemasters, while Bohemia does not cooperate with Codemasters at the moment."

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for translating. I didnt post the second part which then continues to speak about OFPAA.

So

OFP2             NO!

OFPAA           Yes! but Q4 2005 (no addon, fully improved engine)

Unnamed Title Yes! but Q4 2006

not bad ,not bad, smile_o.gif this is the real ofp2! the next one wil be ofp3! wow_o.gif

There will be no OFP3 or even 2 made by BIS... but i think they are still going to make OFP2 together? and the Armed Assualt forum is open..

They are simply wrong, OFP2 does NOT exist! (and the game planed for 2006 will not carry the name OFP2)

At last, we are all starting to understand that AA is not called OFP AA, the xbox game doesn't have a name yet, and the game tommorrow doesnt have a name either!

BIS need to change the forum names quick to end all the confusion!

Is it officaly confirmed that they can't use Operation Flashpoint 2? rock.gif

Thanks for translating. I didnt post the second part which then continues to speak about OFPAA.

So

OFP2             NO!

OFPAA           Yes! but Q4 2005 (no addon, fully improved engine)

Unnamed Title Yes! but Q4 2006

Thy can always call it OFP II

Just keep the abbreviation as the name  wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Dont tell me that codies owns the abbreviation as well  rock.gif

They are simply wrong, OFP2 does NOT exist! (and the game planed for 2006 will not carry the name OFP2)

What the hell is going on here , you guys have taken a simple issue and twisted it in to something so intricate and senseless crazy_o.gif ,

OFP2 is BEING MADE , RALPH saw it at BISs stand , they ARE making it name might be different but OFP2 is there its being made , and there is NO OFP3 as of yet. OFP AA is for PC and will be released later this year , and OFP2's date might be delayed further back from Q4 2006 if AA is being released to keep us busy to further develop OFP2. I dont mind that at all.

as i saw somewhere i will be able run OFP/OFPR within with many "visual" etc improvements (let say like Half-Life 1:Source edition)

i wonder what will be cost of this addon ... (can't wait ... damn i want it so badly ... i pay 10 bucks for public beta ! )

My personal view is that it is going to be a stand-alone product, rather than an upgrade pack.

Why do I think this?

1) Exclusive mention that its backward compatible with existing addons. Unnecessary if you just "upgrade" (1.45 addons work in 1.75 or 1.92)

2) JIP - that is more than just tweaking netcode, that is a complete rewrite

Then there's the screenshots - check out the faces, the shadows on other vehicles. No sir, too many changes to be an upgrade pack. It sounds like a stand-alone product to me.

This post is neither sponsored nor affiliated nor endorsed by BIS©®

What the hell is going on here , you guys have taken a simple issue and twisted it in to something so intricate and senseless crazy_o.gif ,

OFP2 is BEING MADE , RALPH saw it at BISs stand , they ARE making it name might be different but OFP2 is there its being made , and there is NO OFP3 as of yet. OFP AA is for PC and will be released later this year , and OFP2's date might be delayed further back from Q4 2006 if AA is being released to keep us busy to further develop OFP2. I dont mind that at all.

All Albert is saying that the name does not exist smile_o.gif He's not saying that we're not getting any games tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is it officaly confirmed that they can't use Operation Flashpoint 2?

How about "Flashpoint Reloaded"? biggrin_o.gif

I'm as happy as a lark about all this. Go BIS, go!

Cheers,

CH

My personal view is that it is going to be a stand-alone product, rather than an upgrade pack.

Why do I think this?

1) Exclusive mention that its backward compatible with existing addons. Unnecessary if you just "upgrade" (1.45 addons work in 1.75 or 1.92)

2) JIP - that is more than just tweaking netcode, that is a complete rewrite

Then there's the screenshots - check out the faces, the shadows on other vehicles. No sir, too many changes to be an upgrade pack. It sounds like a stand-alone product to me.

This post is neither sponsored nor affiliated nor endorsed by BIS©®™

Yep sounds that way , though i am hoping its a upgrade pack sad_o.gif .

Flashpoint : Reloaded sounds ok , but then we'll need to call the 3rd one Flashpoint : Revolutions biggrin_o.gif .

I wouldn't make an upgrade pack if I were them, I'd sell a full price game.

Besides it won't sell as well if its an upgrade to OFP. (I reckon)

So as it stands, we know about armed assault and OFP x-box, so the pics with marines and an AAV7 are from an as yet unnamed game?

Yeah come to think of it where will all these new people buy/get OFP GOTY its nearly out of sales everywhere codies wont make new ones either.

A new game it will be then ... smile_o.gif

What the hell is going on here , you guys have taken a simple issue and twisted it in to something so intricate and senseless  crazy_o.gif ,

OFP2 is BEING MADE , RALPH saw it at BISs stand , they ARE making it name might be different but OFP2 is there its being made , and there is NO OFP3 as of yet. OFP AA is for PC and will be released later this year , and OFP2's date might be delayed further back from Q4 2006 if AA is being released to keep us busy to further develop OFP2.  I dont mind that at all.

We all agree that there is going to be WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED Operation Flashpoint 2. This is a known fact. It is NOT known yet that the above mentioned game is going to be called that because of the tif between Codies and BIS.

Until the end of tommorrow we do not know if a game called OFP2 is going to be release. All we know is that a game is going to be anounced tommorrow (what would have been OFP2). Its still going to be the same game, its just we don't know it name yet. And if the other two press releases are anything to go by, then it is mostly like that this game will not be published by Codies and thus will not carry the name OFP2 (Operation Flashpoint 2).

My dreams come true!

I have said it about thousand times, that OFP needs to be updated, and now it's official. \o/

Good idea to make it a stand alone game, this will be a new base for all flashpoint fans/addon-/mission-makers, without the need to buy a too expensive product like VBS1.

THANK YOU BIS!

MfG Lee thumb.gif

Eh stop! ... high detailed textures and grafics = superb!!

But what's up with the physic engine???

Multi gun postions, improved weapon handling etc.???  rock.gif

Any infos about it? Yes i read this JIP thing but what is it about?

If there are no great changes i wouldn't buy the game .... what for?? (but i think Bis are masters of this genre so they changed it all! smile_o.gif)

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (PC)

Bohemia Interactive Studio (BIS) made this game with a producer called "CodeMasters". This game went to version 1.46 and then BIS made an expansion.

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (PC)

BIS made an expansion for the original Operation Flashpoint, entitled "Operation Flashpoint: Resistance".

This version went to 1.96.

Unnamed Title (Xbox)

Previously known as Operation Flashpoint: Xbox, there are circulating rumours that Codemasters and BIS split up and since Codemasters owns the "Operation Flashpoint" trademark, BIS now must come up with a new name/slogan for their games. Hence why this Xbox title is currently un named

Armed Assault (PC)

Armed assault is taking all the goodies from Operation Flashpoint: Resistance and making a new standalone game that includes Join In Progress and a new engine

Please do not confuse this with their next title, which is currently unnamed.

Unnamed Title (PC)

This unnamed title was previously known as "Operation Flashpoint 2" but since Codemasters own that trademark, and BIS might be split up with them, BIS will have to name it differently. It is still the same game.

PM me if you'd like some details changed, but I think this can stop all confusion about it smile_o.gif

What is with these people, which reserved OFP2 on Amazon or another gameseller? sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif