Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

My dreams come true!

I have said it about thousand times, that OFP needs to be updated, and now it's official. \o/

Good idea to make it a stand alone game, this will be a new base for all flashpoint fans/addon-/mission-makers, without the need to buy a too expensive product like VBS1.

THANK YOU BIS!

MfG Lee [mg]http://lee.plankton.ch/thumb.gif[/img]

Thats exactly how i feel about AA, it will keep us busy and will give them more time to make the best out of the real OPF sequel, awsome smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Is it officaly confirmed that they can't use Operation Flashpoint 2?

How about "Flashpoint Reloaded"? biggrin_o.gif

I'm as happy as a lark about all this. Go BIS, go!

Cheers,

CH

I already sugested that but I think it sounds too arcadish...

And please make the discussions about the name in this thread ;)

About gamespot...

In one of their E3 video,s they mentions OPF2 and they said something like gamespot didn,t even know it was on the show but if it was they really wannet to see it because they loved the 1st one...

You can see the video here, click on by wnsday 10th on the most below video, it,s somewhere is the biginning of the video.

(Sorry for the bad english again)

Okay okay.. now im SOOOOO confused here where i sit in my chair :P

ok.. lets clear this up..

Is Armed Assualt a OFP game ? like Operation Flashpoint: Armed Assault?

or is it a total new game that uses OFP "stuff" ?

and is AA OFp2rock.gif or will they reviel OFP2 on E3 friday? (tomorrow)

?

My dreams come true!

I have said it about thousand times, that OFP needs to be updated, and now it's official. \o/

Good idea to make it a stand alone game, this will be a new base for all flashpoint fans/addon-/mission-makers, without the need to buy a too expensive product like VBS1.

THANK YOU BIS!

MfG Lee [mg]http://lee.plankton.ch/thumb.gif[/img]

Thats exactly how i feel about AA, it will keep us busy and will give them more time to make the best out of the real OPF sequel, awsome smile_o.gif .

Also it will attract fresh blood to the comunity! and stop it from going stale and dieing, which is always a good thing. Plus im sure after the first few months the 'CS kiddies' (as many people lovenly refer to them) will die out and leave and we'll be left with a stronger fan base then before!

I thought i read something about a "DDS" system introduced in some promo video for a new vbs1 addon. DDS for dynamic destruction system like in red faction or soldner or the announced enemy in sight, meaning blowing up holes in walls etc. that would require a new engine... maybe something for ofpaa or unnames new game?

quite strange.. rock.gif

We`re getting SomethinG, but on the other hand:

1. They couldn`t make AA close to ofp2, because it is quite unprofitable (so It`s silmply ofp1, more or less upgraded*)...

2. Relase of Ofp2 is further than I thought...

*even though It`s still the old ofp, if it has a whole new campaign I`ll buy it wink_o.gif

Gamespot have ofpAA listed now aswell no details just listed with 5 screens

BIS does not have a demonstration booth like Activision or EA. it's more of a cubicle that is good for serious business work rather than with models in skimpy outfits.

that is maybe cause they didnt go there to sell any game,but only to find a new publisher

quoting myself from 10 pages back....

and i guess since OFPEC has an article saying the same thing well....

i think that they will have definitely more news for ofp2 (probably not tommorow) when they have a publisher too.simple and clear smile_o.gif

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (PC)

Bohemia Interactive Studio (BIS) made this game with a producer called "CodeMasters". This game went to version 1.46 and then BIS made an expansion.

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (PC)

BIS made an expansion for the original Operation Flashpoint, entitled "Operation Flashpoint: Resistance".

This version went to 1.96.

Unnamed Title (Xbox)

Previously known as Operation Flashpoint: Xbox, there are circulating rumours that Codemasters and BIS split up and since Codemasters owns the "Operation Flashpoint" trademark, BIS now must come up with a new name/slogan for their games. Hence why this Xbox title is currently un named

Armed Assault (PC)

Armed assault is taking all the goodies from Operation Flashpoint: Resistance and making a new standalone game that includes Join In Progress and a new engine

Please do not confuse this with their next title, which is currently unnamed.

Unnamed Title (PC)

This unnamed title was previously known as "Operation Flashpoint 2" but since Codemasters own that trademark, and BIS might be split up with them, BIS will have to name it differently. It is still the same game.

PM me if you'd like some details changed, but I think this can stop all confusion about it smile_o.gif

Yes at last!!! Correct. Now does everyone agree???

Quote[/b] ]But thats wrong though (name wise)!! See last post.

No it isn't. tounge_o.gif Not until tomorrow, anyway. biggrin_o.gif There hasn't been an announcement about OFP2 so we don't yet know whether it's going to be called OFP2 or (much more likely) something else. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]macguba Posted on May 19 2005,18:38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But thats wrong though (name wise)!!  See last post.

No it isn't.     Not until tomorrow, anyway.   There hasn't been an announcement about OFP2 so we don't yet know whether it's going to be called OFP2 or (much more likely) something else.    

Hmm, start brainstorming:

-OFPEC sounded sooo nice 'Off-pec'-

AAEC- Sounds too much like 'ache'  never a positive thing.

ARASEC- Rymes with 'Jurassic'  not bad, but not good either.

ARMASSEC- 'Arm-Ass-Ache'.....  Erm, don't want to even think about it  crazy_o.gif

This just does not look like an abbreviatable game title  tounge_o.gif

*NEXT!*

Just looked at the Gamespy shots.

To me this looks a bit suspiciously like VBS1.

Anyone who can confirm this ?

Are they selling us an (maybe updated and modified) VBS1

as Armed Assault (OFP2) ?

Anyone noticed the grass moving to every side and the dust when a chopper tries to land?

Looks cool! biggrin_o.gif