Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

ok, to clarify a few things

OFP2 is a work in progress. whatever you see can be considered an alpha including the graphics.

BIS does not have a demonstration booth like Activision or EA. it's more of a cubicle that is good for serious business work rather than with models in skimpy outfits.

Armed Assault is a graphically improved Remake of operation Flashpoint. The tactics Shooter plays again in an island world, again fights to NATO troops against Soviets, and the play mechanics also remain the same: At first you fight as soldier, pilot or tank drivers in dynamic battles, later in the play kommandieren you their own battalion including tanks and helicopters. In the comparison to the original Armed Assault offers more highly dissolved textures and detailed models, nevertheless works the diagram angestaubt. To appear Armed Assault is in 4. Quarter 2005.

And yesterday every one thought I was crazy biggrin_o.gif

I am glad my speculations are right. Can't wait till armed assault comes out smile_o.gif

it's more of a cubicle that is good for serious business work rather than with models in skimpy outfits.

poor guys. skimpy outfits are always inspiring.

Gamestar had the image stuffed in a messy popup. I Alt-PrtScr'ed it, then blew it up 150%.

Gamestar had the image stuffed in a messy popup. I Alt-PrtScr'ed it, then blew it up 150%.

Naughty boy!

OK. Original now in The FAQ.

Armed Assault is the mythic OFP 1.5 ? !!!

Can't believe my secret dream is becoming true.

Thank you BIS dev team, thank you.

Standalone or expansion, honestly i don't really care : i will buy it.

[spam]thank you^564561[/spam]

Now, me that is between 30 and 40 years old , is feeling like he is 20 years younger now biggrin_o.gif

I understand why BIS wanted to know the current system specs of the community , and not future ones..

All is making totally sense now.

Mate, you need to get your version nunbers right.

We already have OFP 1.5!!! That was released ages ago, we are now running 1.96!!!

Sesh! tounge_o.gif

No, no, he is right. You are confusing your 1s.

What we are playing is 1.96 of OFP1. Or 1/1.96 if you like.

What he is refering to is OFP1.5, the halfway house between OFP and OFP2.

There is no danger of confusion because we don't have ofp 1.5 - there has never been such a verison number publically released. We jumped from 1.46 to 1.75.

No, no, he is right.   You are confusing your 1s.

What we are playing is 1.96 of OFP1.  Or 1/1.96 if you like.

What he is refering to is OFP1.5, the halfway house between OFP and OFP2.

There is no danger of confusion because we don't have ofp 1.5 - there has never been such a verison number publically released.   We jumped from 1.46 to 1.75.

No, im not getting confused, im just reading the build numbers that have been given to the program.

The conclusion here is that BIS made a bobo with their build numbers?

OFP should have been 1.0.0 to 1.0.96

Thus AA will be 1.5.xxx

428c46d4ce36c.jpg

Operation Flashpoint19.05.2005, 04:34

bekommt gleich zwei Nachfolger  

Operation Flashpoint-Entwickler Bohemia Interactive arbeitet gleich an zwei Titeln, die spielerisch an den Klassiker erinnern. Auf der E3 haben wir beide angesehen. Am spannendsten ist das Spiel, das noch keinen Namen hat. Nach eigener Aussage arbeitet Bohemia an einem »PC-Spiel der nächsten Generation«.

Das erinnert an Operation Flashpoint, soll jedoch wesentlich dynamischer sein. So tobt in jedem der drei Story-Kapitel ein Krieg, in dem freundliche und feindliche KI-Einheiten rund um die Uhr kämpfen. Aus dem Kriegsgeschehen generiert das Spiel Missionen, die Sie im ersten Story-Kapitel als einfacher Soldat bestreiten.

Im zweiten Kapitel führen Sie als Kommandeur eigene Truppen ins Feld und tüfteln selbst Missionen aus. Das dritte Kapitel versetzt Sie in die Kevlarrüstung eines Elitesoldaten, der hinter den feindlichen Linien schleicht und sabotiert. Wie in Operation Flashpoint fahren oder fliegen Sie außerdem Panzer, Hubschrauber, LKWs, Jeeps und Boote.

Rollenspiel-Elemente sollen die Schlachten würzen: Sie führen rudimentäre Gespräche mit Soldaten (»Wie viele russische Panzer hast du gesehen?«) und verbessern im Spielverlauf die Talente Ihres Soldaten.

Einen Publisher hat Bohemia allerdings noch nicht gefunden; das namenlose Spiel erscheint zudem frühestens Ende 2006. Warum das Spiel überhaupt namenlos ist? Weil die Rechte am Namen Operation Flashpoint bei Publisher Codemasters liegen, Bohemia derzeit aber nicht mit Codemasters zusammen arbeitet.

Armed Assault ist ein grafisch verbessertes Remake von Operation Flashpoint. Der Taktik-Shooter spielt wieder auf einer Inselwelt, wieder kämpfen NATO-Truppen gegen Sowjets, und die Spielmechanik bleibt auch gleich: Anfangs kämpfen Sie als Soldat, Pilot oder Panzerfahrer in dynamischen Schlachten, später im Spiel kommandieren Sie ein eigenes Bataillon samt Tanks und Hubschraubern.

Im Vergleich zum Original bietet Armed Assault höher aufgelöste Texturen und detaillierte Modelle, trotzdem wirkt die Grafik angestaubt. Erscheinen soll Armed Assault im 4. Quartal 2005.

sorry, currently no time to translate, maybe later today

equivalent two successors get operation Flashpoint developer Bohemia Interactive work directly on two titles, which remind spielerisch of the classical author. On the E3 we regarded both. The play, which has still no name, is most exciting. According to own statement Bohemia works on a "PC play of the next generation". Reminded of operation the Flashpoint, should be substantially more dynamic however. Thus a war raves in each of the three Story chapters, in which friendly and hostile AI units fight around the clock. From the war happening generate the play missions, which you in the first Story chapter as a simple soldier denies. In the second chapter you lead own troops as a commander into the field and devise even missions. The third chapter shifts you into the kevlar armament of an elite soldier, who creeps and sabotages behind the hostile lines. As in operation Flashpoint drive or fly you in addition tanks, helicopters, LKWs, jeeps and boats. Game of roles elements are to pepper the battles: They hold rudimentary conversations with soldiers ("like many Russian tanks you saw?") and the talents of your soldier improve in the play process. Bohemia did not find a Publisher however yet; the nameless play appears besides at the earliest at the end of of 2006. Why is the play at all nameless? Because the rights are because of the name operation Flashpoint with Publisher Codemasters, Bohemia at present however with Codemasters together does not work. Armed Assault is a graphically improved Remake of operation Flashpoint. The tactics Shooter plays again in an island world, again fights to NATO troops against Soviets, and the play mechanics also remain the same: At first you fight as soldier, pilot or tank drivers in dynamic battles, later in the play kommandieren you their own battalion including tanks and helicopters. In the comparison to the original Armed Assault offers more highly dissolved textures and detailed models, nevertheless works the diagram angestaubt. To appear Armed Assault is in 4. Quarter 2005.

So the new 'No named game' will be released no earlier than the end of 2006.

Thats a wait and a half...

Oh well, role on 2007...

Here is my only wish for AA:

An up to date release of O2 or whatever the equivalent tool is that BIS now use.

It's no use giving is all these new engine improvements if we can't get our models to make use of them. One thing in particular I have in mind looking at the screenshots is bump mapping.

I'm pretty sure bump mapping will need additional alpha channels - I just hope we get the tools to create textures with them.

Can't wait to see my Scorpion in AA biggrin_o.gif

PLEASE DONT LET US ADDON MAKERS DOWN BIS!

This Gamestar Germany article was already posted and Babelfished earlier today - twice! biggrin_o.gif

You see. That is what I call lack of politeness. You could have just said nothing. You could have ignored it and noone would have bothered and I wouldnt have to feel bad again. But nooooooo you had to shout it out loud "Albert you are late again" so the whoooole world knows that once again I missed a post. THANK YOU! mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

BIS does not have a demonstration booth like Activision or EA. it's more of a cubicle that is good for serious business work rather than with models in skimpy outfits.

that is maybe cause they didnt go there to sell any game,but only to find a new publisher

I wonder if AA wil run on my Athlon750 and GF2MX tounge_o.gif

I must not resist to not try... biggrin_o.gif

This Gamestar Germany article was already posted and Babelfished earlier today - twice! biggrin_o.gif

You see. That is what I call lack of politeness. You could have just said nothing. You could have ignored it and noone would have bothered and I wouldnt have to feel bad again. But nooooooo you had to shout it out loud "Albert you are late again" so the whoooole world knows that once again I missed a post. THANK YOU!  mad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

It worked! biggrin_o.gif

... get ready for some news; Suma,DnA,medvidek are loged in xmas_o.giftounge_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

cant wait to port my addons to ofp1.5 biggrin_o.gif

... get ready for some news; Suma,DnA,medvidek are loged in  xmas_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

They are always logged in... Must of got left behind so they are playing up on the net. biggrin_o.gif

maybe others left them some "toys"?

you know what i'm talking about... wink_o.gif

So does AA have the same graphics as the Xbox version?

Because if you compare them i don,t see much diffrence.

AA site is up BTW...

(Im a little behind im sorry, sorry for bad english 2)