Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

(Paul Statham, vom tschechischen Entwickler Bohemia Interactive, hat sich in einem Interview zu Operation Flashpoint 2 geäußert. Das Gameplay soll im Vergleich zum Vorgänger noch realistischer werden und daher wird die Software-Schmiede das Spiel nur für PC veröffentlichen. Eine Arcade-Ausrichtung der Kriegssimulation schließt Paul Statham komplett aus - schließlich ist der Realismus der größte Pluspunkt des Spiels. Ansonsten soll der Nachfolger mit toller Grafik und neuen Spielelemente überzeugen.) can somebody translate this please?

I don't know about you but I personally and officially started to drink beer! And smoking in chain...

Darn, BIS is starting to affect my health now...

biggrin_o.gif

It is obviously clear, that the armedassault.com's index.htm or default.htm is just erased or renamed to something else and the Next Step of that site is literally armed already. Now, can we figure out the cryptic filename for the upcoming default web page??!

Paul Statham, of the Czech developer Bohemia Interactive, expressed itself in an interview to operation Flashpoint 2. The Gameplay is to become still more realistic in the comparison to the predecessor and therefore the software software-Schmiede the play only for PC will publish. An Arcade adjustment of the war simulation excludes Paul Statham completely - finally realism is the largest plus of the play. Otherwise the successor with mad diagram and new play elements are to convince.

rock.gif

ps:used babel fish

(Paul Statham, of the Czech developer Bohemia Interactive, expressed itself in an interview to operation Flashpoint 2.  The Gameplay should become will publish in comparison with the predecessor yet more realistic and therefore the software-smiths the game only for PC.  An Arcade-alignment of the war simulation closes Paul Statham completely out of - finally is the realism the largest plus point of the game.  Otherwise the successor with crazy graphics and new game elements should convince.)

Edit: Bah!

It was only crap from an autotranslator anyway.

(Paul Statham, of the Czech developer Bohemia Interactive, expressed itself in an interview to operation Flashpoint 2. The Gameplay is to become still more realistic in the comparison to the predecessor and therefore the software software-Schmiede the play only for PC will publish. An Arcade adjustment of the war simulation excludes Paul Statham completely - finally realism is the largest plus of the play. Otherwise the successor with mad diagram and new play elements are to convince.)

As always, Babelfish did an excellent job:

"Paul Statham, of the Czech developer Bohemia Interactive, expressed itself in an interview to operation Flashpoint 2. The Gameplay is to become still more realistic in the comparison to the predecessor and therefore the software software-Schmiede the play only for PC will publish. An Arcade adjustment of the war simulation excludes Paul Statham completely - finally realism is the largest plus of the play. Otherwise the successor with mad diagram and new play elements are to convince."

EDIT: dmakatra + others... DOH!!!

That bugger Ben knows something and he won't tell me on MSN! Anyone lives close to him? Anyone lives close to him and owns a gun or a really big knife?

The worst part is I won't have access to the internet during E3. Gah! sad_o.gif

well i speaking to him on msn too and he says im the closest so far (I think i sussed him out though whoohoo) biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

People are so gullible biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

I bet Ben's just messing with us. In fact he doesn't know shite. tounge_o.gif

I think we got enough translations! tounge_o.gif

haha 4 posts all at the same time crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

THANKS A LOT FOR TRANSLATION(S)1 biggrin_o.gif now i think its no place for xbox! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ironically one of the main features that people have been asking for in ofp2, join in progress, may be the one feature that will attract more idiots to the game - the fact people have to be organised to play ofp1 helps to weed out the type of player that we don't want.

Oh, so this organisational type of game joining and set up is the reason why I have to wait 30 minutes (again) just to play a match with people I like because my connection crapped out?

I don't care who it brings out, I just want join in progress. If people are so afraid of the 'unwanted types' (Oh noes!), then just set up a friggen password.

look at joint ops, join in progress is not the best option, u can´t build a team, its just crapy. i rather wait 30 min. i waited 3 years and its look not bad! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The option to turn on/off in game joining for each mission would be best.

The option to turn on/off in game joining for each mission would be best.

exactly what i was going to say smile_o.gif well i did about 5 months ago in a differnt topic lol

no way!!!!! crazy_o.gif the true conspiracy theory wink_o.gif

I dont think the guys at BIS should waste their time competing with the addons made by the community. They will certainly lose. Instead they should focus on getting the engine right.

Come to think of it, actually I don't care how their models look like! I am not going to buy ofp2 because of some models ad textures. That is not important in the long run. What matters is what kind of gameplay the engine will permit.

I have to disagree with that, i hope the game comes with fantastic looking units and a shitload of them, there is a reason why the old OPF BIS units dont look so great, performance and age, the game is very old and at the time of release most of us had PIII's and the game wasnt all that smooth remember?

Now look at the models and textures made for VBS1 and show me one user made unit that looks that good, nope there isnt any so dont underestimate the professionalism of BIS art developers wink_o.gif .

Then there is art related issues, meaning the diference betwean diferent artists skill, style and features and the fact that 2 addons made by diferent people may be of great quality but they may not look good put together ingame or even look like units from two completely diferent games wich causes a bad overall efect while the stock stuff even if less detailed blends perfectly well.

Then there is MP and the fact that some servers will make you dowload a gig+ of addons where many other than visualy wont actualy improve or change gameplay much and may even degrade gameplay performance, not to mention version names and mismatches betwean beta's and 1.05 and 1.05,5 versions, now add config and other errors/bugs to the mix and you got MP nightmare you see wink_o.gif .

So i must say that im alot more interested in the stock units that will come with OPF2 and their quality than with usermade addons at this moment, and i also hope BIS gives us the best possible relation betwean gameplay and performance with their own stuff, mostly so we can play the game online without needing to download 10 diferent M4 pack addons.

So all im saying is, yes i do apretiate comunity made addons alot and yes, its nice to add new content to the game but right now we dont even know what will come with the game, so i think we should all enjoy it first (when it comes) and worry about addons later smile_o.gif .

well time to adjust my vision on how good OFP2 should be, after seeing this.... wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

well time to adjust my vision on how good OFP2 should be, after seeing this.... wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

ok,then play battlefield2 and kill tanks with hand grenades :P

blank screen too mad_o.gif graphicaly ok ,....at least the face(not a barbie warior) wink_o.gif but i aprove what txalo say, crapy gameplay! crazy_o.gif