Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

There is 1 campaign that was done better than any other campaign, only not an orginal story was that campaign were you play on the Russian side. smile_o.gif

Hmm, this is a very newbish question, but will the unofficial addons that have been made for OFP1 be compatible with OFP2?

Well they (mostly) work with VBS1, so why not ;)

As for the campaigns, even stuff like the cutscenes will be good, as they have people working on them alone, not one or two people working on a cutscene, then have to stop to fix a script, then move that guy, then ... etc

But the main thing BI give is an engine that can be modified.. a lot smile_o.gif

[haha, now no annoying questions that I can't answer! biggrin_o.gif]

- Ben

BergHoff: Yea, that must be the one I meant. Re-something. Rev... Ret... Retaliation! Yeh! That's it! That was an ace campaign! smile_o.gif

EDIT: WTH do you know Ben that we don't know? crazy_o.gif

BergHoff: Yea, that must be the one I meant. Re-something. Rev... Ret... Retaliation! Yeh! That's it! That was an ace campaign! smile_o.gif

EDIT: WTH do you know Ben that we don't know? crazy_o.gif

I also know it tounge_o.gif ...but I won`t tell anyone tounge_o.gif

A tip: It`ll happen tomorrow wink_o.gifblues.gif

Quote[/b] ]I dont think the guys at BIS should waste their time competing with the addons made by the community. They will certainly lose. Instead they should focus on getting the engine right.

Come to think of it, actually I don't care how their models look like! I am not going to buy ofp2 because of some models ad textures. That is not important in the long run. What matters is what kind of gameplay the engine will permit.

Exactly my feeling to.

For me BIS doesnt have to create high quality models and texture's ,indeed they cant compete with the addon quality of the Ofp community ,simple because it's has much more addon makers ,hundreds of them ,and they produce quantity's of addons far larger than any company could in the same time.In addition some artists here are just better than there is to be found artist in any game company.

But i think BIS all to well knows the value of its addon community.Ofp got a hughe addon community because it offered a potential others games didn't ,that is easy costomizabilety in addition to large game area's ,abbility to control multiple types of vehicle's good performance in Mp and Sp.

To appease most of it's commuity support all OFP has to offer is the same engine potential Ofp had to offer but improved ,and with somewhat better graphics.Thing's like better physics ,house and vehicle destruction ,house usage and walking on ships ,armor value system ,netcode and mp configuration ,and afcourse a larger modification potential are more important than fancy graphics.

And afcourse ,current Ofp mods should be very easy to convert.I don't think that will be a problem.

I think bis is wise enough to understand that the longetivety of Ofp 1 is mainly because the game offered such a potential to modding ,and theyll make Ofp2 an improved platform for modding because they know it will greatly improve the value of their product.

Many games with big addon community's score better financially these days.The impact of modifications like Counterstrike on the sales of half life were probably enorm ,And the Half life 2 dev team made sure that mods like CS and DoD could easily be converted to HL2.Most good games have an good addon community extending the longitivety of that game for years and making interrest for a sequel larger ,modding community's are a significant part of the pc gaming industry these days.

Yeah! Talked to a guy from Swedish PC Gamer and he's goin' to give me and a couple of fans over at the Swedish PC Gamer Forum a report from the tour he's going to get tomorrow! Hooray!

Is that what you, Ben and funnyguy1 meant by tomorrow you'll see? rock.gif

Yeah! Talked to a guy from Swedish PC Gamer and he's goin' to give me and a couple of fans over at the Swedish PC Gamer Forum a report from the tour he's going to get tomorrow! Hooray!

Is that what you, Ben and funnyguy1 meant by tomorrow you'll see? rock.gif

lol

I`m not a Swedish PC Gamer member tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I`m from Poland wink_o.gif

And It was a joke..

Probably Ben said that just because we`re all gonna know something after tomorrows e3 opening  tounge_o.gif

EDIT: Funnyguy: Yeh but he's been acting strange the whole freakin' thread... I'm trying to squeeze something outta him on MSN ATM. smile_o.gif

Dammit people post so fast I need to start qouting instead of just replying. biggrin_o.gif

Long time, no post from me smile_o.gif

This popped in my mind so let's give it a try (for fun and excitement, at least)

Consider this:

For a long time, a website/project have existed which is called Independence Lost. No info about that. None, whatsoever, right?

Fast forward to current situation, and "OFP2" stuff out. Codemasters logo removed from Flashpoint2.com. Armed Assault site up, no CM logo there either.

Maybe, just maybe, back in 2003 or so, BIS realized they were losing their... well, Independence. Maybe they even back then indicated and wanted to tell us something??

Conspiracy theory to rule them all! wow_o.gif

But I am certain: we will have something big this week! WE MUST. crazy_o.gif

The guys (Marek/Paul/Ondrej??) did not go to E3 to show pics which they by purpose leaked out to forum with nick Jordan.

http://www.armedassault.com/

just gettign a blank page now?

yesterday it had a pic with "coming soon" on it...

Indeed yesterday there was a picture like you said and now it is blank rock.gif

Maybe they update some more pictures or other things like info OFP XBox or PC Expansion pack rock.gif

Maybe they found out that the title wasn't popular  rock.gif

EDIT:

Last day until the party starts biggrin_o.gif

Because of the situation of Armed Assault website, I must quote our very own Jordan here:

So it begins....

wow_o.gif

I'm hoping there is both Army and Marine stuff in the game. Or perhaps it is just the new Army digital camo scheme. The new ACU should be given out to the Army soon. Check here

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=6042

There are 3 types they said. So maybe we aren't seeing MARPAT at all.. But then what about the A4.. And that one APC looks like a Marine carrier... I wish we had some offical word smile_o.gif

No, there will be only one universal pattern issued for the Army, the grey/blue one. Hard to believe, I know, but it is confirmed and it is currently being issued to Army units. No desert/wood patterns anymore.

Rest assured the camo in these screens, except for the old Woodland camo, is wood and desert MARPAT. The UH-1N helicopter, MARPAT infantry, AAVP7A1 APC and M16A4 rifle are all Marine equipment, but the M1A2, possibly the woodland camo soldier and possibly the HMMWV are Army (The Humvee is missing its snorkel that USMC Humvees usually have). It wouldn't surprise me if they went for a Marine-heavy approach, they're especially in vogue nowadays, for example First to Fight and Battlefield 2 cast Marines as the U.S side. Well, looking at OFP1 everything is far from ultrarealistic and consistent so maybe I'm reading too much into it. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Conspiracy theory to rule them all! wow_o.gif

Hahaha. Ok.

it begs the question: are we going to have any snow units or islands?rock.gif? biggrin_o.gif

That bugger Ben knows something and he won't tell me on MSN! Anyone lives close to him? Anyone lives close to him and owns a gun or a really big knife?

The worst part is I won't have access to the internet during E3. Gah! sad_o.gif

it begs the question: are we going to have any snow units or islands?rock.gif? biggrin_o.gif

I predict Jungles are going to get hot soon smile_o.gif with the grass stuff etc biggrin_o.gif .

but ofcourse, winter, yeh.. how could we do without? biggrin_o.gif

That bugger Ben knows something and he won't tell me on MSN! Anyone lives close to him? Anyone lives close to him and owns a gun or a really big knife?

The worst part is I won't have access to the internet during E3. Gah! sad_o.gif

well i speaking to him on msn too and he says im the closest so far (I think i sussed him out though whoohoo) biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif