3 hours ago, lex__1 said:

I would be more happy if the menu could be customized in the game individually. The nature of the game, the environment, the presence of mods and others - affect the contents of the action menu, and often priority actions in the middle of the list or at the bottom of the list.

That's something they should have done years ago. A menu with checkboxes to toggle actions and an edit box for each action to set its priority.

• Like 5

remember we’re talking about a patch coming in a few days.

sorting the Unload Incapacitated action to lower priority is a 2-minute task and should be feasible, if Devs are around

• Like 1

Hell I'd literally pay top DLC money for an exquisite new UI and Action menu

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 8:56 PM, oukej said:

Ah, damn, you're right, the lasers... the goal was not to have every possible mode available because it easily becomes pain to control. The lasers however are a good argument to have the NV there. Possible post-patch, sorry about that.

Whilst your at it any chance of possibly removing the radar(AI go nuts and try to strafe vehicles) and adding the man sensor aligned to one of the guns not the co pilot turret?  The AI love it and they actually attack ground troops properly when in a loiter wp. 

• Like 4

I know this issue is probably small fish in a big sea but would it be possible some time down the road to have the 2 Remote Designators updated so that the UAV operator can lock their camera to terrain like other UAVs?

Currently the UAV operator has to remain in the optics mode of the designator while lasing otherwise the turret AI takes control and reorients the turret back to starting position.

Would be useful for scenarios featuring an advanced recon team and a Rhino laser guided ATGM.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

I know this issue is probably small fish in a big sea but would it be possible some time down the road to have the 2 Remote Designators updated so that the UAV operator can lock their camera to terrain like other UAVs?

Currently the UAV operator has to remain in the optics mode of the designator while lasing otherwise the turret AI takes control and reorients the turret back to starting position.

Would be useful for scenarios featuring an advanced recon team and a Rhino laser guided ATGM.

You can turn off the autonomous mode from the UAV terminal map view. Although maybe the locking feature would still be useful. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jukk said:

You can turn off the autonomous mode from the UAV terminal map view. Although maybe the locking feature would still be useful. 

Even with autonomous mode disabled, the Designators move slightly when you connect / disconnect from them.

This is noticeable on longer ranges (3km+) in MP, making them pretty much useless in MP (if you are planning to laze a target for yourself).

Ticket to it: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83621

1 hour ago, Yoshi_E said:

Even with autonomous mode disabled, the Designators move slightly when you connect / disconnect from them.

This is noticeable on longer ranges (3km+) in MP, making them pretty much useless in MP (if you are planning to laze a target for yourself).

Yes, you're right, I've noticed this before. Another benefit of the TGP style system would be if it also let's you track targets.

On 4.4.2018 at 10:14 AM, R0adki11 said:

Remember this is the Dev Branch, its not stable. I am sure it will be adjusted. 

I just saw this.

The problem with crew bailing instantly when immobile exists for years already. It's very likely *not* fixed with the Tanks DLC release and the only way to get around it remains a scripted solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexx said:

I just saw this.

The problem with crew bailing instantly when immobile exists for years already. It's very likely *not* fixed with the Tanks DLC release and the only way to get around it remains a scripted solution.

It severely cripples the official Tanks showcase mission (The old one), being that the player is not in a command position, they get ordered out of the tank and are unable get back in. Being able to repair the tank in this scenario might mitigate the issue in the short term, but it's currently not possible.

In the future, it would be very helpful to already have the legacy branch staged before the game is updated. That way people can straight away switch versions if need be.

These updates seem to always happen at the most inconvenient times.

Arma3Legacy180

why of all things is a wednesday the most inconvenient time ? ... :whistle:

28 minutes ago, x3kj said:

why of all things is a wednesday the most inconvenient time ? ... :whistle:

Wednesday is a great day to do it. only day that would be stupid really is a Friday.

• Like 2

Trailer shows Nymx can put out the periscope. no option with the nymx recon via action menue. missed something? 

Page up and down or Q and E key, same as with the AAF Strider. Check your key configs.

• Like 1

Thans lexx!

Other thing i noticed, flags cant be added to Angora neither to Kuma and Varsuk. would be cool...

Cheetah/Tigris are completely useless and defenseless against enemy planes. Just get 100% of thrust and climb at 2000+ meters.

This is extremely critical for PvP multiplayer game modes. If one player gets an aircraft in his hands - nobody can harm him from the ground.

Notice, even no CM's required. Missiles just fly as logs.

28 minutes ago, winse said:

Cheetah/Tigris are completely useless and defenseless against enemy planes. Just get 100% of thrust and climb at 2000+ meters.

This is extremely critical for PvP multiplayer game modes. If one player gets an aircraft in his hands - nobody can harm him from the ground.

2000m was always the safe altitude for any aircraft in the series. That's nothing new. AND 2000m vertical is quite some altitude, even in DCS the danger of beeign shot down by AA guns is minimal at that altitude at good speed.

5 minutes ago, Beagle said:

2000m was always the safe altitude for any aircraft in the series. That's nothing new. AND 2000m vertical is quite some altitude, even in DCS the danger of beeign shot down by AA guns is minimal at that altitude at good speed.

I've seen the same happen 20min ago with a jet flying at low altitude, even a pawnee at low altitude dodged my titan AA with no flares, the missile just missed by 2m or so

10 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

I've seen the same happen 20min ago with a jet flying at low altitude, even a pawnee at low altitude dodged my titan AA with no flares, the missile just missed by 2m or so

that's  quite a problem then that we shoudl investigate. With a PK of less then 50% there is really no reason to fire a weapon at all.

Woah, tried the 20mm on jets (admittedly getting higher FPS now due to better PC), they're much better now!

Can reliably kill other jets with just 250 rounds.

This is for all jets, including wipeout, gryphon I can down in less than 50!

great stuff!

2 hours ago, winse said:

Same issue

I don't think the actual laser should be that far off from where you are actually pointing at with the laser designator:  https://imgur.com/a/tarHb

This obviously cause alot of missiles/gbu's and so on to miss the intended target.

I don't know if that has been the case before with the remote designator but if it wasn't, my guess would be that it would be caused by a same or similar issue like the aforementioned problems with AA missiles missing their targets.