Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

 

 

The main point is that almost all vehicles of that size and weight use turbocharged diesel engines or gas turbines....the whine of the compressor is significant and omnipresent. I guess making such a sound is not easy because the rpm of the compressor is changing independently from the engine rpm since it is linked to exhaust pressure, not engine rpm.

 

 

Guys from BWmod made this sound in game really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Tweaked: The visiblePositionASL, modelToWorldVisual, worldToModelVisual, and getPosVisual script commands now return a more precise position (fewer glitches) for units in vehicles and in the multiplayer environment

 

There seems to be a problem with the worldToModel commands now. If I'm standing in a building, worldToModelVisual returns my relative position as something like [9721,1642,6].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheers

 

I see you are a man of culture as well.. Touché!

 

I hope the devs find some space in their hearts for some humor :) 

 

edgy_boi.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.78 RC

 

Still gettting lots of "foreign enum" errors

 

11:32:55 Error in expression <ombatMode isEqualTo '')) then { 	_newWP setWaypointCombatMode _wpCombatMode; }; >
11:32:55   Error position: <setWaypointCombatMode _wpCombatMode; }; >
11:32:55   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "UNCHANGED"
11:32:55 File code\functions\fn_taskSetSingleWaypoint.sqf [QS_fnc_taskSetSingleWaypoint], line 1
11:32:55 Error in expression <Formation isEqualTo '')) then { 	_newWP setWaypointFormation _wpFormation; }; if>
11:32:55   Error position: <setWaypointFormation _wpFormation; }; if>
11:32:55   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "UNCHANGED"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 11:27 PM, Beagle said:

But it still does not sound even close to a Leopard II.

Honestly. It doesn't. It's more of a T-72 ;) (#blameEdita). At the same time Quicksilver is right - the tank is not Leopard.
Anyway the goal here was primarily to show off an improved sound configuration together with improved vehicle handling ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oukej said:

Honestly. It doesn't. It's more of a T-72 ;) (#blameEdita). At the same time Quicksilver is right - the tank is not Leopard.
Anyway the goal here was primarily to show off an improved sound configuration together with improved vehicle handling ;)

Well it is improved, but the shifting of gears seems a bit unoticeable. Thats even worse with the Slammer as it seems to run on one gear only. A bit of Turbo sound would fit all of them.

PS Edita need to show up in ArmA II anyway. FIA stil needs some armoured units  ;) Think of the RL usage of WW2 tanks in East Ukraine. (IS3 at Lugansk)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not, like others have suggested, add the gorgon to the FIA factions with the new skin introduced with tacops? And throw in Edita for good measure ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I understand the story right, then the new Gorgon textures are actually AAF vehicles. We're not playing FIA in Tac-Ops, but pre-A3-AAF pro-current-government forces. The FIA does not exist yet. Though, I agree that it is confusing to see all the digital camo vehicles at the same time on the enemy side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Why not, like others have suggested, add the gorgon to the FIA factions with the new skin introduced with tacops? And throw in Edita for good measure ;)

 

I never understood why that wasn't done in the first place, same with the Fennek/Strider. When I played the campaign I had multiple opportunities to capture Striders, and a stranded Gorgon which could have been easily repaired by the FIA. Granted, supplying the thing is a different matter. But I never quite understood why the FIA has their own type of weapon (the Tavors) when they should be using a mixture of what they scavenged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Bingo Fuel, you can even get 1 MBT Kuma, and 2 Moras.

Even though you finish the mission with them... well... you don't have them after that.

I can understand, it's all about the plot etc...

But it could have been useful though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 2:43 AM, fn_Quiksilver said:

1.78 RC

 

Still gettting lots of "foreign enum" errors

 


11:32:55 Error in expression <ombatMode isEqualTo '')) then { 	_newWP setWaypointCombatMode _wpCombatMode; }; >
11:32:55   Error position: <setWaypointCombatMode _wpCombatMode; }; >
11:32:55   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "UNCHANGED"
11:32:55 File code\functions\fn_taskSetSingleWaypoint.sqf [QS_fnc_taskSetSingleWaypoint], line 1
11:32:55 Error in expression <Formation isEqualTo '')) then { 	_newWP setWaypointFormation _wpFormation; }; if>
11:32:55   Error position: <setWaypointFormation _wpFormation; }; if>
11:32:55   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "UNCHANGED"

 

The error is legit, as described in the documentation, "no change" should be used instead of "unchanged". When this type of error occurs, I'd recommend to take a look at the documentation which should list the correct enum values. If that's not the case, just let me know.

I've also added the error type in the Community Wiki.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tom_48_97 said:

The error is legit, as described in the documentation, "no change" should be used instead of "unchanged". When this type of error occurs, I'd recommend to take a look at the documentation which should list the correct enum values. If that's not the case, just let me know.

- disable/enableAI "WEAPONAIM"
- seek & destroy waypoint (error in rpt, not on screen). Shows at least when loading a scenario with S&D waypoint(s) into Eden
- set3DENMissionAttribute/s with custom attributes
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, h - said:

- disable/enableAI "WEAPONAIM"
- seek & destroy waypoint (error in rpt, not on screen). Shows at least when loading a scenario with S&D waypoint(s) into Eden
- set3DENMissionAttribute/s with custom attributes

The first one has been fixed and we will tackle the others soon. Thanks for the report.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I never understood why that wasn't done in the first place, same with the Fennek/Strider. When I played the campaign I had multiple opportunities to capture Striders, and a stranded Gorgon which could have been easily repaired by the FIA. Granted, supplying the thing is a different matter. But I never quite understood why the FIA has their own type of weapon (the Tavors) when they should be using a mixture of what they scavenged.

The actual reason I'm sure is "already made the assets, don't let these go to waste" see all the hardware reassigning relative to who had what before the Early Access period but I've tended to headcanon it as "the TRG series was previously an AAF service rifle before they completed a replacement with Mk20s", as little sense as it makes otherwise I admit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29.11.2017 at 2:09 PM, Beagle said:

Thats even worse with the Slammer as it seems to run on one gear only.

 

if it really has only one gear, then maybe it is meant to have a hydraulic transmission (or a generator + electric power train).

that way there should be no more drastic changes in engine RPM (acutally it depends on how it's made).

 

but i guess that would be to much high-tech for 2035 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chortles said:

The actual reason I'm sure is "already made the assets, don't let these go to waste" see all the hardware reassigning relative to who had what before the Early Access period but I've tended to headcanon it as "the TRG series was previously an AAF service rifle before they completed a replacement with Mk20s", as little sense as it makes otherwise I admit.

 

Guerrillas for me is always a rag-tag bunch. That means they usually don't go to the same weapon store, they scavenge. Sure, you can explain things, but for example I would have liked to see more FIA-captured material like a truck (not only a civilian truck, but think Flashpoint: Resistance) and captured armor and other vehicles (Gorgon for example). It annoyed me that during the campaign I would drive around in a Fennek I captured which I conveniently discarded at the end of a mission. Such a vehicle you don't just discard. It made no sense to me. A simple green re-texture of the Fennek with a FIA spraycan'd Logo would have gone a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

 

 A simple green re-texture of the Fennek with a FIA spraycan'd Logo would have gone a long way.

 

But... but... BI independent devs... small team... no money for such luxury excessive content... FPS DLC... :f:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think that makes any sense in the setting. Altis isn't that big and there is no way the FIA can successfully hide tanks and stuff over a long period of time. Heck, the AAF / CSAT just have to let some drones circle the northern landscape and they would likely find them within hours. Even what we see of the FIA in the campaign right now doesn't make much sense: The guerillas flee north and then the OPFOR is unable to locate an old factory nearby that is used as a hideout with vehicle park and shooting range? ...

 

tl;dr -- it makes no sense for the FIA to host tanks and trucks. It's better for their survival to ditch all the big stuff.

 

Now if the FIA would still own all of the north, or if it's a few years earlier like in the Tac-Ops scenario, then yeah, but the few people they are in 2035? That needs even more handwavium than already required.

 

/Edit: And if a mission creator wants to use these assets, they can simply spawn empty AAF vehicles and replace the crew. No big deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

A simple green re-texture of the Fennek with a FIA spraycan'd Logo would have gone a long way.

OD, black, or otherwise neutral variants of all vanilla vehicular BIS assets would have gone  A LONG WAY.  With source files available it couldn't possibly be more than a couple of days work.  This is something I would happily pay for.

 

edit: The reason should be obvious. Non-faction limited skins for vehicles would greatly (and cheaply) expand the type of missions that can be created.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Enum errors made it into Stable....

 

_camo = _this getunitTrait "Camouflagecoef";
_Frog_Nea>
11:45:25   Error position: <getunitTrait "Camouflagecoef";
_Frog_Nea>
11:45:25   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "Camouflagecoef"

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nkenny said:

OD, black, or otherwise neutral variants of all vanilla vehicular BIS assets would have gone  A LONG WAY.  With source files available it couldn't possibly be more than a couple of days work.  This is something I would happily pay for.

 

edit: The reason should be obvious. Non-faction limited skins for vehicles would greatly (and cheaply) expand the type of missions that can be created.

 

Agreed. There already is a NATO skin, and I bet that the texture for the Fennek is a PSD file with the camo in one layer which would make this a trivial task. I wish there were retexture templates for the vanilla assets, not only for the DLC assets :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lexx said:

tl;dr -- it makes no sense for the FIA to host tanks and trucks. It's better for their survival to ditch all the big stuff.

 

Considering that NATO thought it was a good idea to "hide" from the AAF in a freaking NATO camp (even after it was mortarded to shite), I don't see how FIA wouldn't be able to hide stuff in the forested areas of Altis. We're not talking about a fleet of tanks, but a couple of Fenneks or a Gorgon would be fine.

 

2 hours ago, lexx said:

/Edit: And if a mission creator wants to use these assets, they can simply spawn empty AAF vehicles and replace the crew. No big deal.

 

You haven't played Resistance I guess? It had some vehicle repaints specifically for the FIA. Which, considering that IFF might be an issue, is a good idea. As I said above, if I go by the templates released for the DLC assets, retexturing the Fennek would be a five minute job and would go a long way to make the FIA a better faction.

 

Of course you can work around this, but you are trying to justify this although what I say makes a whole lot of sense, not only for the campaign (for example, you practically get a Fennek and a Punisher as a gift in one of the campaign missions and there is absolutely no sane reason to leave them behind) but also for people making custom scenarios. Heck, TacOps demonstrates this by, you guessed it, adding some extra camos for the Gorgon. Again everything can be explained, retconned, or justified, but there is no reason for that. The only reason needed is "we didn't have time" or "we didn't want to invest the resources". Anything else is just whiteknighting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×