For me the msaa don't change fps, the same for ao, cloud, hdr, dynamic light...

The textures don't change fps for me.

Actually those are most GPU handlers...... (texture and msaa)

We’re also looking beyond Arma 3. Indeed, some of the team have already moved onto new projects in support of the development of our next engine, 'Enfusion'. We aim to find a way to both invest in the future, and serve the diverse needs and passions of our existing community. With this roadmap, we hope to strike that delicate balance.

Arma 4 on the way? :P

Tanks DLC as last? :(

But malden!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

64bit exe - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

I uninstall this game for now, i'll back after all things going to stabilise a bit. Great decissions BI! Thanks for listening us, as community :627:

soooo, the enfusion engine will be ported also for arma 3? oh yeah!!!! 64 bit support? I heard 60 constant fps in 2018? ehhehehe

I think in 2018 I buy a new msi pc notebook

TAC-OPS sounds awesome. I genuinely have goosebumps at this entire announcement. I'm floored. 64-bit support, a new free map?

Arma 3 is the gift that keeps on giving. Best purchase I ever made. Ever. And it's not even close.

• Like 1

setPlayerRespawnTime still doesn't seem to be working fully;

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120645

Was fixed for the revive system in T120137, but remains broken for non-revive.

This is no bug. set initial respawn delay > 0 in description.ext and it will do it

respawnDelay = 999999;

Hard-coding a respawn delay in description.ext affects missions which may wish to use a varied respawn timer (e.g. +1min penalty each death) or those that use parameter based respawn timers.

setPlayerRespawnTime is not working as described. It was working as described prior to 1.64. I fail to see how it is not a bug.

Edit: After reading the ticket comments I'll try with 1 set there and see how it goes, thanks.

This is no bug. set initial respawn delay > 0 in description.ext and it will do it

respawnDelay = 999999;

Hard-coding a respawn delay in description.ext affects missions which may wish to use a varied respawn timer (e.g. +1min penalty each death) or those that use parameter based respawn timers.

setPlayerRespawnTime is not working as described. It was working as described prior to 1.64. I fail to see how it is not a bug.

Edit: After reading the ticket comments I'll try with 1 set there and see how it goes, thanks.

The respawnDelay set in description.ext is not hardcoded and can be altered with setPlayerRespawnTime at any time if you wish to make it dynamic. You might have had non 0 time set in description.ext prior to 1.64 which would explain why it seems it fails now.

• Like 1

Sooo will BI, expand the flight model for jets to include energy fighting as right now  doing scissors , high and low yo-yo's does absolutely nothing in regards to energy state ? 

I do hope that it means implementing fixedwinglib or something like it. Essentially, AFM for planes and VTOLs.

• Like 1

If BI were porting Arma 3 over to the new enfusion engine I'm sure we would hear more about it compared to a simple "64bit.exe". Either way I'm fuckin hyped for Arma 3 future! Plus I love fast movers so I'm fuckin keen all round! 

• Like 1

Hi BIS,

short question about further dev of your engine: Do you plan to upgarde this to 64bit?

Hi BIS,

short question about further dev of your engine: Do you plan to upgarde this to 64bit?

It was announced on the roadmap that they will release a 64-bits executable in Dev-branch later this year.

No? I don't think these things have anything todo with one another.

Thats why devs should not upgrade game on this engine, but think of moving it onto Enfusion. It would require 200% more work, but look, this arma 3 (on this engine) have unfixable bugs, that break game (Ai issues with formation, and many more, PhysX, TrueSky plugins are outdated and dont work as intented, Terrible terrain rendering - floating objects). Preparation of new engine with fixing those issues, and moving existing layer (all features from game) onto it, fixing incompatible features, would be more sensible way, than trying to make 70% workable project only little more functional, while knowing they cannot fix most of important and eye-breaking bugs. Its like fighting with the wind.

I'm all for Enfusion. But lets see what they decide.

• Like 1

Hello,

I've just a couple of questions about the UGV Stomper RCWS.

Are they men't to not be able to turn off there lights at night even when just sitting doing nothing ?

And are they men't to still automatically engage the enemy even when set to captive ?  

Or is there a way of stopping these that I've missed ?

CB.

Actually those are most GPU handlers...... (texture and msaa)

since arma 3 doesn't even use your gpu I have forund that the best way to run it with no ppaa,  2x fsaa, and sampling quality turned up to 120%. this has 0 effect on fps and makes the game look better.

Hello,

I've just a couple of questions about the UGV Stomper RCWS.

Are they men't to not be able to turn off there lights at night even when just sitting doing nothing ?

And are they men't to still automatically engage the enemy even when set to captive ?  

Or is there a way of stopping these that I've missed ?

CB.

There is always AI in drones, unless you remove it or disable it

Tweaked: Randomization of footstep sounds was improved (e.g. branch breaks and wood creaks) 

awesome!

since arma 3 doesn't even use your gpu I have forund that the best way to run it with no ppaa,  2x fsaa, and sampling quality turned up to 120%. this has 0 effect on fps and makes the game look better.

120% sampling is killing FPS for me. Diferent pc = diferent settings.

Since you like education, here a few lessons:

1) personal experience maketh not a universal truth, e.g. Vasily.B's response above

2) both of these benchmarks show that GPUs have a significant impact on performance in A3, almost as much as CPU:

R94DDHh.png

VeryHigh_02.png

Umm... if you're getting 75 fps, then the performance is clearly not limited by the CPU, like in 99% of actual gameplay situations.

Like on my system - I just benchmarked 29 fps with GTX 660, and 30 fps with GTX 970. (The same system otherwise on both)

According to those charts, since 660 is slighly slower than R9 380, I should have gone from 30 to 60.

Of course, this is my personal experience, so your mileage may vary.

If my information is correct, this is about adding a better quality version of _ADS lightmap textures (containing ambient shadow data) - with better compression as there were some artifacts in the existing version. Some further information and updates to relevant tools is forthcoming.

Here some pieces of information about it:

• The textures must have _adshq suffix
  • The sources  (tga, png) are created in the same way as standard ADS textures (the G channel contains ambient occlusion and the B channel contains diffuse shadow)
  • The ambient occlusion map is stored in alpha channel (better quality) and diffuse shadow map is stored in green channel

This picture shows the difference between the ADS and the ADSHQ:

ads_adshq01-300x300.jpg

ImageToPAA supports the new ADS HQ since the last update of the dev branch of the tools.

• Like 8