Is it just me or  are the maps loading really quickly now, also when I place the first unit in the editor the  delay has gone it's now instant. :)

I was so happy to read this. Now I checked (Dev branch) -> first unit placement not instant here - Same as before. :( :( :(

• Like 5

I was so happy to read this. Now I checked (Dev branch) -> first unit placement not instant here - Same as before. :( :( :(

My fix was to start the game with VR world instead of none. It's the fastest map to load, and the freeze time spent on the first unit placement is moved to the normal game startup time. A lot less annoying that way.

• Like 1

Any chance we could have the option in 3den of having the player's identity/arsenal loadout overwrite the player's profile identity? As of now, we still have to manually set the face, voice and name and goggles slot in the unit's init to change it. Just a button that can be checked and unchecked would suffice.

• Like 1

As Greenfist says, load the VR world (or any world for the matter) instead of -world=empty and you'll get rid of the long delay.

• Like 1

Starting with the VR world, thanks! I wasn't expecting that loaiding of a different world at start would help...

Guys, I am really really² surprised nobody ever mentioned it, except me. If I set a placement radius for the player unit (any unit?), it does not show a circle. Am I really the only one? Since ages...

My fix was to start the game with VR world instead of none. It's the fastest map to load, and the freeze time spent on the first unit placement is moved to the normal game startup time. A lot less annoying that way.

In case it does not work for someone: If exsiting, "-skipIntro" has to be removed as a startup parameter.

Starting with the VR world, thanks! I wasn't expecting that loaiding of a different world at start would help...

I think it is not so much loading the world but running the intro, that basically loads in at least the virtual entities and hence causes all animations and stuff to be loaded, which is what I think causes the long delay in Eden - setting an empty vehicle does not cause it.

Guys, I am really really² surprised nobody ever mentioned it, except me. If I set a placement radius for the player unit (any unit?), it does not show a circle. Am I really the only one? Since ages...

Works here, I get a dashed circle around it. Only on map view, though.

Is it intentional that since 1.64 you no longer can use setVariable on objects like helpers or am I missing something obvious (cursorTarget returns <NULL-object> on them..)?

If intentional is there some reason for that?

Is it intentional that since 1.64 you no longer can use setVariable on objects like helpers or am I missing something obvious (cursorTarget returns <NULL-object> on them..)?

If intentional is there some reason for that?

Did you spawn the helper objects or placed them via Eden? If the latter, they might be simple objects by default now.

Tried both spawned (create3DENEntity) and placed, kinda suspected that they might be simple objects but was hoping it's a bug :P

I haven't been playing much Arma 3 since Apex was released tbh but the game feels more buggy than ever to me.

Seems like the movements took two steps backward since 1.62. I use ctrl+x for tactical pace toggle, ctrl+c for walking pace toggle, shift to run and the angle brackets key "azerty keyboard" to raise/lower weapon.

In both tactical and walking pace if I try to raise and down my weapon too much I'll often end up locked in forward motion and the controls become unresponsive.

In both tactical and walking pace if I try to raise my weapon with the fire key "H&D2 style" rather than using the dedicated key my character will stop moving until the weapon is raised.

In normal pace too when you raise your weapon and it lowers itself automatically after a few seconds the character stops moving briefly while the animation plays.

Again with the tactical pace, which is most often toggled while I play, sometimes and again this is inconsistent I'll be locked out of tactical pace meaning I'm not able to keep my weapon raised and ctrl+x becomes unresponsive. Only quick way to fix it I found is to switch to walking pace and back, so twice ctrl+c for me.

I'm sorry but that's just bad. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't always so...

Moreover patch 1.64 added a very annoying sound glitch, at least for me. The third person voices of the npcs sound very saturated at least in solo missions. That's just awful.

My computer was formated right after Apex got out, so it's a clean install on windows10 anniversary edition.

• Like 1

Have you got a bigger image you can link to? - it's too small to make out what's going on.

And I'm only getting a black screen :(

Seems to be bugged, clicking on the imgur icon shows the fullscreen version.

Edit: Was caused by the spoiler.

Have you got a bigger image you can link to? - it's too small to make out what's going on.

I think he means the yellow bar is missing on the (picture) left hand side of the diggers bucket.

I think people need to be a bit more selective with their bug reports. I'm sure there are still many issues with playable assets that are more pressing than an oversight on a static prop that nobody seems able to identify.

I think people need to be a bit more selective with their bug reports. I'm sure there are still many issues with playable assets that are more pressing than an oversight on a static prop that nobody seems able to identify.

Why? I report what I see, what BIS does with it is not my business.

• Like 4

Can anyone confirm if the unitPlay function is working on Dev? It seems if you load a saved game, any unit where the function has been executed on will resume normal behaviour.

Can anyone tell me why the following PP effects didn't make it into the game with 1.64?

Can anyone tell me why the following PP effects didn't make it into the game with 1.64?

why you have 2 heart beats?

I dunno if I am the only one that thinks so, but I personally find it very annoying that the weapon paint/skin selection in Arsenal makes the list several times as long as it needs to be. For example, each MX has three camo variants in APEX (Black, Tan, Jungle) so all MX are already tripled, and some user mods (I am guilty of that as well) and even the "official" mod have a lot of extra skin selection that clutter the Arsenal list.

It would be very nice to see a pain/skin selection method like with the vehicle customization.

Made a ticket here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120480

• Like 5

It would also be cool if it worked like that with the various uniform reskins that are available in the files, such as the woodland BDUs and sage version of the NATO combat uniform.

• Like 2