Devs can you just confirm that you removed coloured clouds?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/509279488223872153/7DEC737297F5ACFA0D4D465F29472A52AC3A4AE2/ 

This was taken few weeks on dev branch but now I can`t seem to reproduce this.

I remember settings and time it was set to get this image but now in 1.61 dev branch i can`t get the same effect?

Hmm, I noticed this as well but I figured it was just my imagination. The colors are still there, but toned down. If they have been removed, I hope to see them back soon.

In mission Air Superiority, friendly AI kill more allies than enemies, by rolling over them.

--the AI can't shoot to armoured vehicles? Was is disabled? I can't move forward without destroying 2 APC and 2 Striders, and the AI is just aiming at them with RPG, waiting for "something"... I can't even ask them to regroup... I restarted this mission like 20 time, and they just wait to be shot down...

Hmmm, Virtual Garage needs more love. It:

- instantly spawns a vehicle

- right on the player

Debug Console ->

["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_garage;

Hmm, I noticed this as well but I figured it was just my imagination. The colors are still there, but toned down. If they have been removed, I hope to see them back soon.

Me too-it looked great when visual update was first introduced.

please don't remove it again. this is becoming like some bdsm shit. tease and punish, repeat. lol

• Like 1

> Try to mount in a vehicle

> Place an explosive charge instead

> retry to mount in vehicle

> set timer to 40 sec.

> finally mount in vehicle

> ask friendly AI to get in, in order to leave the area before the explosion

> the AI doesn't move

> leave the area, alone

> bomb explode, AI die

> mission failed because friendly fire is forbidden

Please, add explosive on a key, like you did for weapons with Apex presets. It would be possible to cycle through explosive by pressing the key multiple times, like groups of weapons in vehicles.

It would be even better to see the explosive in hand when selected, to avoid the confusion of having a weapon in hand, but placing an explosive with LMB.

Please. It's important. It's a question of sanity.

• Added: New Visual Upgrade parameters to the CAWorld based on a community request

So does this mean that the new lighting now applies to all maps by default? It seems to me that since the update landed today most (all?) CUP maps now have the messed up skybox. I'd hazard a guess that this might make a few people unhappy.

skybox.jpg 

Visual update was already breaking maps by removing clouds and causing incorrect sky colours due to changed SimulWeather parameters.

So modders would've needed to update their configs anyway.

What BIS did is provide default values for all islands to use in the future so island makers won't have to change their lighting configs every time BIS does something to its lighting.

Basically what island makers need to do now is remove (or conform to new lighting) their lighting configs and their islands should inherit new lighting values without black fog issue etc.

For those who need to know the reason for black fog - it is simple. New lighting's sky fog parameters rely on fog having alpha channel which old lighting parameters (that many island makers copied from pre 1.60 Stratis or AiA/CUP settings) didn't have. It's controlled by skyColorInfluencesFogColor parameter in a given island under CfgWorlds class. For new lighting to look properly it had to be set to 0 which starts requiring that alpha channel data

• Like 2

I can see your points regarding forward compatibility metalcraze, but what are we meant to do with the large number of otherwise perfectly good maps which haven't been updated in some time and are not likely to be? Is it possible for some sort of override config, sort of the opposite to the one you wrote to force new lighting on old maps, or are we just going to be left with pile of unplayable terrains? 

• Like 1

I can see your points regarding forward compatibility metalcraze, but what are we meant to do with the large number of otherwise perfectly good maps which haven't been updated in some time and are not likely to be? Is it possible for some sort of override config, sort of the opposite to the one you wrote to force new lighting on old maps, or are we just going to be left with pile of unplayable terrains?

*wonders why terrains should have been an exception to the devs' own willingness to break long-unupdated/never-will-be-updated mods*

• Like 1

More anims bugs. EXE rev. 136272

Repro: 1) Run (unarmed) + V

2) Run (unarmed) Forward/Right/Left/Backward + B

Repro: Сrawl (with binocular) + B

• Like 1

What are these "load vehicle" and "drop vehicle" in the ² menu?

Another bug. :P  Wounded soldier plays healing animation twice (when lying on the ground)

Repro: 1) You must order soldier to get down
2) Then order soldier to heal himself
  • Like 1

If these old maps (especially ArmA2 era) are dependable on CUP, and do not get updated anymore - I'll add compatibility for them (already in progress e.g. popular ones like Sangin, Clafghan, FATA are already OK).

Other than that maps in question already had broken grey sky with flat or missing clouds because of new TrueSky version - and would require an update in any case.

Thankfully with this change made by BIS for terrains that are not updated anymore it's as easy as throwing a quick config together with

class mapName: CAWorld

{

delete Weather;

delete Lighting;

};

In 99% cases that should (and does) work as it basically makes those maps use BIS lighting data

• Like 2

Thanks metalcraze, so there is hope. Would this require an in-mod change (I guess in config.cpp) or could that even be solved via an additional tiny compatibility pbo?

Indeed, Chernarus... probably many CUP maps are pretty fucked up now, but I have hope it will be better than before. E.g. it was too dark with more clouds.

If these old maps (especially ArmA2 era) are dependable on CUP, and do not get updated anymore - I'll add compatibility for them (already in progress e.g. popular ones like Sangin, Clafghan, FATA are already OK).

Other than that maps in question already had broken grey sky with flat or missing clouds because of new TrueSky version - and would require an update in any case.

Thankfully with this change made by BIS for terrains that are not updated anymore it's as easy as throwing a quick config together with

{

delete Weather;

delete Lighting;

};

In 99% cases that should (and does) work as it basically makes those maps use BIS lighting data

Thanks Metal craze... that fix helped me get Diyala looking right again...

CUP maps will not be updated? So why they have feedback tracker, and keep fixing the bugs? Please stop spreading false informations :

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186835-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/page-33#entry3028463

You misinterpreted that one Vasily...

He meant that if the map is not going to be updated by the Author and the map depends on Cup, then he will add a config so that the map will have the lighting corrected..

AFAIK metalcraze is helping CUP with lighting after releasing his excellent lighting addon so would have no reason to spread false info ;)

Seriously. This needs to be considered.

I just put out missions on Reshmaan, FATA and Isola Di Capraia so it's extremely unfortunate that all of them will essentially be broken when 1.60 comes out. There is no way any of these maps get updated ever again.

The CUP team I don't think is supporting these maps either so please BIS reconsider this change please please.

{

delete Weather;

delete Lighting;

};

Thanks for doing this. Could you add Reshmaan and Isola Di Capria to the list?

Also, FATA has no sound using CUP (I don't think the ASCZ map fixes for that map got ported into CUP) so only AiA is a viable map pack for FATA unless you like playing in silence.

Again, thanks for doing all of this if indeed BIS doesn't reconsider making this change universal. It's great that people like you belong to the community so I can't thank you enough for tackling this stuff!

• Like 1

Thanks for doing this. Could you add Reshmaan, Summer Sagin and Isola Di Capria to the list?

Also, FATA has no sound using CUP (I don't think the ASCZ map fixes for that map got ported into CUP) so only AiA is a viable map pack for FATA unless you like playing in silence.

Again, thanks for doing all of this if indeed BIS doesn't reconsider making this change universal. It's great that people like you belong to the community so I can't thank you enough for tackling this stuff!

Im gonna give your mission a try... looks cool. Love alive asymetric stuff...

Just looked at Resh using MetalCrazes mod and its fine... skybox looks great :)

• Like 1

Take this with a grain of salt, but isn't the 1.60 patch going to mess up lightning for older terrains anyway?

I was under the impression the suggested changes were meant to simplify new light integration, not complicate it. :\

Take this with a grain of salt, but isn't the 1.60 patch going to mess up lightning for older terrains anyway?

I'm as excited for the new content as anyone. I already pre-ordered.

But I just don't see (if this is true) how anyone could be ok with this.

Arma 3 has been out for 3 years and content for the game is going back what, 6 years thanks to ports? It doesn't make sense to me how a change like this that could break an enormous amount of currently usable content can be standard practice.

I get other people will disagree with me for the sake of the new content but honestly, I don't find it worth it TO ME if this is in fact what's going to happen.

can these finally get fixed please.. seems something in engine was broken for 1.58 with those FX parameters

Error in expression <forceSize interpolate [150,150.1,-1,1]>

Error position: <forceSize interpolate [150,150.1,-1,1]>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: forcesize

Error in expression <distToWater interpolate [0.2,0.21,-1,1]>
  Error position: <distToWater interpolate [0.2,0.21,-1,1]>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: disttowater

PS: these are even used by BI A3 FX classes..

this should be fixed since 135724