it removes additional thread on server, decreasing performance, afaik the crashes were fixed already

I confirm what today's changelog say about Eden Ui size :lol:

1464872077-20160602145235-1.jpg

There's been even a mention of the performance improvements in recent SITREP, even mighty Maruk has seen the change :icon_twisted:

With lots of AI only a little bit improvement (YAAB-Bench from 39fps in stable to 40fps in dev) but in Helo´s altis-bench (flyby´s & not much ai)

from 44fps to 62fps!

Congrats and thanks for this signifcant performance improvement!

• Like 1

I confirm what today's changelog say about Eden Ui size :lol:

1464872077-20160602145235-1.jpg

What do you see as a issue here? I don't see anything wrong on my end.19FC1DA57EB75D21B8FB082C584A455FFE3AE0A8

• Like 3

Same problem here. I am blind, but now I can see Eden because of it's size.

I think on resolutions like 16000x8000 Eden UI is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

just a little reminder about this issue :

1464880871-20160602171838-1.jpg

Checkboxes appear black when selected, even if they should be grey.

And do you still plan to adapt all missions timestamp, now that the visual upgrade is available for everybody?

I started up Vanilla Arma Dev and placed my unit on that old Kavala Fortress. GTX970/Corei7.2600k/1920x1200.

Watched down to the town. I must say, except maybe when turning to some direction for the first time, I had my 60 FPS (capped by NVidia Inspector, no VSync). Not sure, but I think in towns like Kavala I rather had 40-50 FPS before.

Was impressed.

• Like 1

Yes I also noticed 15fps increase in the Altis benchmark results so the performance improvement is real! Average increased from 57->72fps and both tests were in HDD, so my fps would be even bit higher.

Also YAAB bit over 2fps increase. From 42->44 (tested multiple times)

Added: Multiplayer synchronization for assigned team functionality

May I ask how does this work now? Is ie. assignTeamGlobal planned? Or does just assignTeam now have a global effect? Do the usual limitations (non-null "player", target unit must be in player's group, ..) still apply?

Thanks.

So i see the Government in Kavala was finally able to afford to paint lines on the main road. Finally, i wondered when that'd get fixed... however...

6FC33D6F60DB9F01C18AE893E24BD7910108A974

Not good.

On a completely separate note, after having played around with a decent amount of things, i've come to find out that Texure loading is where i receive the most agonizing performance drops. I'm not sure what's going on, but the most i know is i definitely need an SSD. However, that doesn't stop me from asking for some further optimizations in terms of textures to be undertaken, as having an HDD, shouldn't really be such a drastic downside to playing Arma. Textures loading in is a killer on FPS, and game stutter, so i'm just wondering if there's something that can be done on that end?

I got 1.61 and I have noticed some framerate improvement, nothing dramatic but game feels definitely smoother .

On the other hand I tried to replay the campaign and there is a blocking bug actually:

-in the first mission, the sargeant is not "invincible", if he dies, the mission goes nowhere.

-in the second mission, the mine that's supposed to off him does not. (because of GL armor?)

as having an HDD, shouldn't really be such a drastic downside to playing Arma. Textures loading in is a killer on FPS, and game stutter, so i'm just wondering if there's something that can be done on that end?

Only by lowering data to stream. Which means lowering texture quality. Arma engine loads alot from HDD, because back in the days, this was fast enough whereas RAM was limited. Nowadays it's reversed (unless SSD are used), so "shouldnt really be such a drastic downside" anwser is - yes it shouldn't nowadays, but its unlikely it can any better.

Only by lowering data to stream. Which means lowering texture quality. Arma engine loads alot from HDD, because back in the days, this was fast enough whereas RAM was limited. Nowadays it's reversed (unless SSD are used), so "shouldnt really be such a drastic downside" anwser is - yes it shouldn't nowadays, but its unlikely it can any better.

darn, alright thanks for the insight.

darn, alright thanks for the insight.

You can notice low LOD and low resolution textures to appear much closer now. Does not look good at all overlooking the landscape at higher (+2400m) view and object ranges.

You can notice low LOD and low resolution textures to appear much closer now. Does not look good at all overlooking the landscape at higher (+2400m) view and object ranges.

Not really a distance specific thing per say, rather more based on when the textures load in, how they load in instantly, no transition really. They just pop in, which causes stuttering, at least from what i perceive to have witnessed. 

So i see the Government in Kavala was finally able to afford to paint lines on the main road. Finally, i wondered when that'd get fixed... however...

6FC33D6F60DB9F01C18AE893E24BD7910108A974

Not good.

On a completely separate note, after having played around with a decent amount of things, i've come to find out that Texure loading is where i receive the most agonizing performance drops. I'm not sure what's going on, but the most i know is i definitely need an SSD. However, that doesn't stop me from asking for some further optimizations in terms of textures to be undertaken, as having an HDD, shouldn't really be such a drastic downside to playing Arma. Textures loading in is a killer on FPS, and game stutter, so i'm just wondering if there's something that can be done on that end?

Is there a ticket? Would be helpful if you could also give coordinates of the bridge to save the time to QA

• Like 2

Is there a ticket? Would be helpful if you could also give coordinates of the bridge to save the time to QA

The only bridge in Kavala... I haven't had the time to check out thenew Feedback tracker yet, will do eventually.

Getting the following popup when entering the eden editor:

popup.jpg

The only bridge in Kavala... I haven't had the time to check out thenew Feedback tracker yet, will do eventually.

Incorrect, there are 4 bridges in Kavala

The bridge in your image is located at 036132.  I do not have the graphical anomaly that you have in your image in my game.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to save a new scenario from the editor with build 136491?

When saving a scenario I enter a new filename, click save, and nothing whatsoever happens

I can load an existing scenario and save it as a new filename or the same filename.

Has anyone been able to save a new scenario from the editor with build 136491?

When saving a scenario I enter a new filename, click save, and nothing whatsoever happens

I can load an existing scenario and save it as a new filename or the same filename.

This is now fixed and will appear soon in the dev branch, thanks for the report :)

• Like 2

Holy smokes, the performance increase is real.

Kavala Castle 1.60 -> 28-31 FPS

Kavala Castele 1.61 -> 44-48 FPS

Well done!

• Like 2

Holy smokes, the performance increase is real.

Kavala Castle 1.60 -> 28-31 FPS

Kavala Castele 1.61 -> 44-48 FPS

Well done!

Sounds great!! I will try  the dev build later today .

Is this performance increase noticeable all over the island or only in certain locations?