With today's dev I'm seeing some extreme mouse sensitivity while in scope view making it unusable. It does not happen when the weapon is deployed.

Also turning around in normal view is very glitchy, like the weapon tries to stick to some invisible grid.

Hey guys, the new collimator tech allowed us to fix several graphical bugs and glitches and it also allowed for some nice scope improvements (video courtesy of the Lord of the Bounce):

Oh god. Yes. My body is ready.

With today's dev I'm seeing some extreme mouse sensitivity while in scope view making it unusable. It does not happen when the weapon is deployed.

Also turning around in normal view is very glitchy, like the weapon tries to stick to some invisible grid.

i may have noticed this to. Not sure if i need a new mouse, change my settings, or what. But, it just seems like when trying to move my mouse slightly, it's not as responsive as... it sued to be... idk. Maybe it's just me.

I think that there should be a new assistant machinegunner class to compliment the new heavy gunners. Also the heavy gunners should replace the autoriflemen in the default heavy weapons squad

the heavy gunners should replace the autoriflemen in the default heavy weapons squad

No, because DLC content can't be made default.

I've noticed that machinegun chain links stay on the ground for a little while, and it looks great! Can we also expect ground collision for bullet casings?

No, because DLC content can't be made default.

What do you mean? Surely adding units that have premiums guns into editor groups can do no harm!

2nd Ranger, I believe that JHard meant changing the CfgGroups and not changing the existing Autoriflemen's gear...

two quick questions in what pbo are the new items located ? namely the m-14 texture and the spec rig textures i cant seem to find them :-/ or do the rigs use old textures ? ( vest & Armor maybe ? )

two quick questions in what pbo are the new items located ? namely the m-14 texture and the spec rig textures i cant seem to find them :-/ or do the rigs use old textures ? ( vest & Armor maybe ? )

The vests are in \A3\Characters_F_Mark\BLUFOR\Data\ and the rifle is in \A3\Weapons_F_Mark\LongRangeRifles\DMR_06\Data\, but Characters_F_Mark and Weapons_F_Mark are encrypted DLC files (.ebo format as opposed to the unencrypted .pbo) so you can't open them.

However, BIS may decide to provide texture templates for some of the Marksmen DLC assets at a later date, like they did for the Helicopters DLC.

yes please :D i wanted to add retextures of those to my mod ( mostly retextures & missions + a little campaign planned so release is way into april or may (my mod ) ) so i gotta w8 well what the hell :P but thanks for that quick answer :)

Like this >

Yes some effect like this is badly needed as it feels so unnatural firing using 2D scopes but using 3D is just insane

From todays log:-

"Fixed: Even CSAT and AAF snipers know how to hide the water pouch of their vests in their ghillie suits

Tweaked: Snipers are now trained to hide more vests under their ghillie suits"

Much improved but in certain stances the camelbak seems to almost "flash" a shadow across the ghillie (and the pops in the actual shadow cast on the ground). Not sure if it's linked to them still actually casting the shadow of guy with boonie hat or not.....

Also....

"Fixed: Improper soldier actions visible while manning a turret in a vehicle"

Was this relating to showing the "weapon X in hand" for the Hummingbird (even though the FFV has been disabled?). I do hope this FFV comes back soon..... I miss it!

cheers

Edited by petek

Just wanted to say thanks for the SIT - and OPREP. Especially the OPREP shed some light on why you didn't implement this or that. IMHO, you picked the right features. Still hope to see windage and chambering in the future :P

Yeah but you could still dragbag them and they probably have no interest in simulating that

Edit:

Out of curiosity how hard would it be to add a ghillie scope ?

About all Ghilie suits - why the Ghilie suits hides all the backpacks? , those should be visible on their backs

Just noticed this - thanks for the heads up. I'd agree - not loving the idea of invisible backpacks! Maybe a couple of backpack variants with scrim/camo mesh but making them all invisible for one class of unit just seems wrong.

Turns out it was a key binding issue on my end. Having turn left/right bound incorrectly after starting to customize my profile from scratch caused it.

A sniper drag bag would be the next logical step - bags created deliberately for snipers. That way snipers could be more realistic and carry a standard issue rifle as well as their sniper rifle during stalks.

A sniper drag bag would be the next logical step - bags created deliberately for snipers. That way snipers could be more realistic and carry a standard issue rifle as well as their sniper rifle during stalks.

That would be great addition, wondering why this has not been modded yet.

Please don't forget to add this to MGs of the Offroads.

Edit: MX weapons are mission case ejection particle and the Katiba has some kind of dust particle. Guess CSAT has to clean their weapons more often.

Edited by R3vo

Especially when they have shooting mats - some dragbags are shooting mats!

While it would be nice i do not believe that currently its too close to launch to iterate that.

More of the same items with different textures maybe,I might be wrong but that should not be the hardest thing in the world.

Ghillie wraps for rifles i get would get complicated as it would be necessary to do it for all the scopes and all the rifles ,

ghillie scopes im assuming is simpler in scope but wold need some form of modeling,

so that depend on time to model probably + they are currently busy as hell with the bipods

I don't think it would need to be for all rifles, perhaps just the new Marksmen rifles (obviously not the MMGs).

Edit: MX weapons are mission case ejection particle

That would be because the MX fires caseless ammunition; there are no cases to eject.

As does the Mk200 - hence why it only ejects the steel belt links, not the cartridges themselves.