Alonso;2898830']In Sitrep 00097 it reads:

As mentioned in the livestream' date=' the last work on AI Suppression (for Marksmen DLC), is about to be released on Dev-Branch. Now that AI can detect projectiles flying near them, and avoid crossing impact zones, they will also receive an accuracy penalty. When under fire, the AI's 'dynamic aiming error' is increased, making them less quick and accurate in their reaction.[/i']

Will that also be available for players in the form of an event, for example, so we can attach a handler to it?

Regards,

Alonso.

It already is, in the form of not being an idiot and running through a kill zone. The AI suppression is only supposed to mimic natural reactions to bullets flying near you (which is try not to get killed). The AI accuracy part is the same, because you aren't going to be putting accurate fire when you're being shot at, mostly because you'll just pop out and fire a few shots instead of sitting there waiting for a good shot.

Another minor nitpick is that the snipers cast the wrong shadow. It shows like a marksman with a bonie hat./KC

Leave some images of the shadows. :icon_hm:

th_arma3%202015-03-12%2017-45-43-48_zpsb3zysdcu.jpg th_arma3%202015-03-12%2017-48-48-72_zpskc3btjbl.jpg th_arma3%202015-03-12%2017-48-33-02_zpsjjlxqdet.jpg

Leave some images of the shadows.

Thanks for the report; this issue relates to the particular shader used for the new ghillies.

Our art-programmer hybrid hyper-brain is actively looking at a solution.

But for now, I'll just say #BIPODS.

Best,

RiE

Looked around in the Field Manual and saw some new entries. Something I found escpecially interesting is under "Weapon Inertia". It says certain attachments like "grips or handles" can decrease the effect of inertia. Does this mean there are plans for front grips in bipod slot?

Great update , i must say - you made me happy with those empty belt links

now you could add them on Zafir and Mk200 - they use those belt links too

Now about #Bipods - they look and work nicely ,but i get feelling that the bipod stabilizes the weapon too much (tested it with Navid Full auto)

meaning that you don't get any recoil like on static tripod mounted machine gun

other than that they work great , many thx for those bipods

btw i forgot that you kept the Navid's Burst mode - at least change it to semi auto because that Burst mode is ridiculous

Edited by RobertHammer

There's also an issue with the new ghillies where at some distances parts of the underlying character model will flash in to the default T-Pose and sink in to the ground, while the overlying ghillie scrim/foliage camouflage remains in the correct animation:

2yInaYf.jpg

Old ghillie on the left, new Marksmen ghillie in the centre - you can see the head, hands, ghillie and weapon bones have the correct prone animation but the rest of the model reverts to T-pose.

I think one or more of the lower LODs might be missing named selections or weights on the underlying uniform and boonie model. I'm using the NATO Arid variant in the above screenshot if it makes a difference, but I'm pretty sure all the new ghillies use the same base model and variation is done with hiddenSelections.

No, this is bad idea. It punishes those who know how to react under fire, so more trained players would essentially loose their edge in combat due to artificial balancing. Suppression for players should always be along the lines of keeping your head down while getting shot at as to not get it shot off. When that happens, the player looses accuracy anyway, as they are forced to re-attain their target to engage.

Why is it a bad idea? It's no more a bad idea than having allowDamage command.

He's asking for a scripting command modders can use, not a default change to how the game works.

We are intentionally staging Weapon Deployment in an early and unfinished state. There are many known issues and potential for glitching. Our aim is to get your impressions and feedback early to allow for more iteration time. The Deployment Task Force is working very hard to get this feature to a splendid state

Thank you for doing that, It's smart idea and daring one too.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is already implemented in the interface too, you just need to select the player in your group (right side) and then click Promote. ;)

Thank you for the quick reply. Another suggestion would be to either modify the function viewer textbox so we can explore the full file (the scrollbar is bugging at some point) or break it on separate files. But I am guessing all the modes will be described on release :)

By the way, thanks for that new feature, it saves me the pain to write my own :) .

Looking at Sting and Vermin, I see rails that could accommodate a bipod. I know it's kind of silly to have bipods on SMG's but if they can physically fit on them, then we should be able to mount them :)

Why is it a bad idea? It's no more a bad idea than having allowDamage command.

He's asking for a scripting command modders can use, not a default change to how the game works.

Exactly, thank you.

@DarkSideSixOfficial, @enex, @Gutsnav

I respect your view of the game: you don't like having a suppression system, that's cool. But others like me see a reason for it and all I'm asking is, taking into account the engine is going to implement some bullet detection for the AI, if the same is going to be provided for modders to use on players.

Before you jump on me saying that devs shouldn't spent time on something you dislike, please let me remind you I'm not requesting the feature (I would have opened a ticket otherwise), I'm just asking if the feature is going to be available so that we can minimise the unknowns on the mod we are working on.

Regards.

Added: disableCollisionWith and enableCollisionWith

So... Is it supposed to be working?

Looking at Sting and Vermin, I see rails that could accommodate a bipod. I know it's kind of silly to have bipods on SMG's but if they can physically fit on them, then we should be able to mount them :)

I was hoping for grip pod and also animation for the retractable bipod when deployed..right now we only have regular VFG on some weapons(mxm,mk18,mk20)..they should replace it all with grip-pod imo

I was hoping for grip pod and also animation for the retractable bipod when deployed..right now we only have regular VFG on some weapons(mxm,mk18,mk20)..they should replace it all with grip-pod imo

nvmnd

trackir is not working in bi-pod anim. hope that will get fixt. you are looking in starnge ways everywhere, but not like i should work !

Is anyone else seeing spam like this in their rpt?

1:36:59 Wrong weapon selection
1:37:00 Wrong weapon selection

EDIT: Looks like something to do with using weapons that have hiddenSelections defined in them.

Edited by Das Attorney

Left Dev branch for a while, decided to jump back on to try out the new resting/deployment mechanics, gotta say besides the bugs, of which I cant think of any I've seen thus far that haven't already been brought up, I'm loving it. But I've got to ask, what happened to the firing from commander positions thing, did that get scrapped or what? I know it seemed to be working pretty good when I tried it a few months ago but now its gone.

I'd like to report a finding with disableCollisionWith; it seems to only apply to the geometry LOD of the object, collision with pathway LOD and PhysX Geom is still present, is this by design or merely an oversight?

Hi all - is anyone else having trouble with customised ORBAT? Textures don't work after loading from a mission save. Basically, when you click on the icon on the map screen, the ORBAT doesn't appear. It's almost as if, after loading a mission, the description.ext isn't getting read...

Units underwater get stuck in an infinite animation loop

same here noticed this yesterday.

now you could add them on Zafir and Mk200 - they use those belt links too

Already on my to-do list. You can expect it soonTM ;)