Left Dev branch for a while, decided to jump back on to try out the new resting/deployment mechanics, gotta say besides the bugs, of which I cant think of any I've seen thus far that haven't already been brought up, I'm loving it. But I've got to ask, what happened to the firing from commander positions thing, did that get scrapped or what? I know it seemed to be working pretty good when I tried it a few months ago but now its gone.

Hiya

FFV from commander is still there but only certain vehicles currently (both slammers, marshall, scorcher, kuma, mora, gorgon). Also for the kuma the gunner can FFV.

Never got any feedback on why only the CSAT Sochor gets FFV love!

We also had co-pliot FFV for the hummingbird for a bit but that's been temporarily removed (I Hope!!!)

Still hope these are being worked on (as with all FFV) Would love to be able to FFV from MRAP hatches.

cheers

Thanks for the info man, was flying the Pawnee when I noticed it was missing and of course instead of trying any of the vics you mentioned I tried the T100 lol

No worries mate. Really hope FFV is an area BIS keep improving....... we haven't forgotten the time of openable vehicle doors!!!

The Reloading while prone bug still persists. Reloaded, but no animation plays, an i remain stuck for ever.

No worries mate. Really hope FFV is an area BIS keep improving....... we haven't forgotten the time of openable vehicle doors!!!

We hope to see someday to open vehicle doors.... And being able to move freely within the Huron helicopters. I remember in Arma2, in aircraft Lockheed C-130 Hercules you can move freely inside and starting to parachute. :icon_hm:

The Reloading while prone bug still persists. Reloaded, but no animation plays, an i remain stuck for ever.

Which weapon, haven't noticed this myself?

Has anyone noticed the changes to the multiplayer browser?

Edit: I'd like to see another tab for Favorites

Edited by R3vo

We hope to see someday to open vehicle doors.... And being able to move freely within the Huron helicopters. I remember in Arma2, in aircraft Lockheed C-130 Hercules you can move freely inside and starting to parachute. :icon_hm:

You most definitely could not move around in the arma 2 C-130, so not sure what game you were playing.

You most definitely could not move around in the arma 2 C-130, so not sure what game you were playing.

In the parachute tutorials for Arma 2/OA, there were static prop versions of the C-130 and V-22, but they were only that, static props that didn't move.

Though I do agree, some transport planes like a V-22 or C-130 would be sweet.

I do not remember well, remembering just might be the game ¿"America's Army"?. it would be nice to move freely within certain aerial vehicles

I do not remember well, remembering just might be the game ¿"America's Army"?. it would be nice to move freely within certain aerial vehicles

To be honest, It's a feature that would need a lot of work, and would never look perfect. Just image moving in a helicopter with the current rotation point? Guess it's not that great if you glitch through the wall. In addition, I don't see much use for it anyway.

Indeed there was a mission like that in America's Army. However In AA it was an illusion that the plane was moving. The plane was actually stationary and there was animation of clouds moving around it. You could see it if you entered the "mpcheat ghost" cheat in offline. So what they did is not as impressive and indeed would take a lot more work if the plane was moving. The desync experienced in Arma among many other issues like the physics and inertia of being inside the plane, would make this feature probably impossible for a long time.

The only vehicle that can realistically be walked on whilst moving is a Naval Vehicle. This has been done in a scripting thread, called "attachtowithmovement", and is one of the only ways anyone knows how to accomplish such a task as walking around on/in a moving object. In the air, is a whole new beast. You'd have to be going straight, i would imagine, and any turns would be major disaster.

Does anyone else run a dedicated server on dev branch? We tried again tonight and couldn't run any mission. Server and users running vanilla, without mods on dev version 129736

Standard coop "Headhunters" threw us back to mission selection with "No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F.tailBladeCenter'." and most others as one of the Zeus training missions "No entry 'config.bin.CfgWeaponHandling'."

I'm getting a ton of CTD with decent duration times of MP sessions. Say 30 minutes or less, using a DLC weapon, bipods, engaging targets, and eventually, it freeze's, unfreeze's, and 2-3 seconds after it unfreeze's, it just crashes. Black screen and it says Arma has stopped working. No idea the cause of this, it's happening very often, and hasn't failed.

Lots of errors ingame. the complete stringtable is fubared. resume button is missing and allot of controls are missing because of it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23111

BIS, can you please look into this simple fix for bis_fnc_compatibleItems? If this issue gets fixed, we can have an official version 'Joint Rails' where weapon mods won't require ASDG Joint Rails for weapon attachments. This will be a huge win for both BIS, modders, and players. Don't forget to vote it up!

Do you give .PSD files of the news weapons and equipments as you did for the previous DLC?

Because you have given them .PSD of the two helicopters that are accessible via the Arma3Tools

Best,

ussmarines

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23111

BIS, can you please look into this simple fix for bis_fnc_compatibleItems? If this issue gets fixed, we can have an official version 'Joint Rails' where weapon mods won't require ASDG Joint Rails for weapon attachments. This will be a huge win for both BIS, modders, and players. Don't forget to vote it up!

Seems you misunderstood the issue. You'd still need something like JR to provide the common config classes but if the bug if fixed there won't be any more need for JR to ship with modified BIS functions (like arsenal or compatibleitems).

BIS, please look into this one too: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23043

It's a huge, game-breaking bug, easily reproducible. It's one of the reasons I'm stuck with 1.38 (bug seen in 1.40 stable and current 1.43 dev).

Edited by Robalo

603 mb on update today......... someone has tested?

Standard characters like Marksmen and Autoriflemen have the Marksman DLC icon next to their class in the editor unit menu. I guess because their guns have bipods now, as if the bipod attachments are regarded as DLC content.

Standard characters like Marksmen and Autoriflemen have the Marksman DLC icon next to their class in the editor unit menu. I guess because their guns have bipods now, as if the bipod attachments are regarded as DLC content.

This is just a temporary issue as we adjust the equipment for "standard characters", it should disappear as the tweaking is finished :icon_evil: But thanks a lot for letting us know.

Graphical artifact after last update.

http://i.imgur.com/WshyC2h.jpg (252 kB)

Looks like there is some errors with the scopes. The mx GL is again not showing the front sight texture again with the ACO (which seems to have 2 aiming dots now - poss the same sight as the holosight now?) and the non-zoomed MRCO

cheers

Edited by petek

Changed: Collimators have been changed to a new technology

But they're all still really dim at night : (