I'm sure that the flash lasting longer than it should is just for the testing, and not intended to look like that in final.

Yep, me too.

Night version:

You can hear the crews talking outside the tank. Why BIS can't resolve the issue?

Gunner of SDV is now able to turn his head correctly

Not sure I'm noticing what's changed here, is it the first person view?

Thought I would sum up the most pertinent SDV related fixes needed seeing as we breached the subject.

SDV Gunners camera (3rd person) when the periscope is in the down position. Gives a sort of inverted mouse camera: ISSUE#1

SDV 'NOSE UP and NOSE DOWN controls still don't seem to do anything: ISSUE#2

SDV CSAT Incorrect (Bluefor) Crew: ISSUE#3

SDV Divers Goggles still not on when spawned: ISSUE#4

Edited by Electricleash
Punctuation

Not sure I'm noticing what's changed here, is it the first person view?

I think before he could turn his head around far beyond what would be humanly possible.

You can hear the crews talking outside the tank. Why BIS can't resolve the issue?

Can't? Is there a ticket to vote on?

I sont quite see the problem? Directional chat seems to be present regardless of which channel you use, and I think it's brilliant and realistic. especially when in vehicles, if you are close enough you should be able to hear any chatter in the vehicle. Besides, the tanks engine was off, which is why it was so easy to hear, if the engine was on, you would barely be able to hear i'm sure. As for MP, I think that will depend on your VON audio i guess, if it is louder than the effects audio it would be much louder. I'm not sure honestly, I would guess directional chat is based on VON, but then again, I would think it actually works via the effects audio which is how they achieve the directional source of sound and distance... and that makes sense to me.

Anyways, I like how it is. They could probably add a heavier audio filter to make the sound "weaker" coming from armored vehicles like tanks.

...Well, the question is: "can you hear crew irl if you're outside the tank and hatches are closed"?

I sont quite see the problem? Directional chat seems to be present regardless of which channel you use, and I think it's brilliant and realistic. especially when in vehicles, if you are close enough you should be able to hear any chatter in the vehicle. Besides, the tanks engine was off, which is why it was so easy to hear, if the engine was on, you would barely be able to hear i'm sure. As for MP, I think that will depend on your VON audio i guess, if it is louder than the effects audio it would be much louder. I'm not sure honestly, I would guess directional chat is based on VON, but then again, I would think it actually works via the effects audio which is how they achieve the directional source of sound and distance... and that makes sense to me.

Anyways, I like how it is. They could probably add a heavier audio filter to make the sound "weaker" coming from armored vehicles like tanks.

How on earth would you hear the voice from inside of the tank? It isn't possible if the hatches are closed.

In the video, the hatches were closed, and the tank crew was grouped with and subordinate to the player on the tarmac. Even if the player is not grouped with the tank, the player can still hear all conversations within the tank, which I don't think would be possible IRL, even with the tank engine off.

Maybe if they had a really deep and loud voice, like bass speakers in a typical civy car driving down the higher with the windows closed and all you hear is the THUMP THUMP.

Can you hear a casual conversation in a car with the windows up? No, therefore not a chance that you'd hear it through something with far denser walls and materials.

No, you can hear them talking if you're not in their group. Although I just tested it in the editor and it was pretty quiet. Maybe you shouldn't hear them at all, but it's not like there's a guy standing right next to you.

Post removed. GranolaBar, please do not spam the discussion thread with the changelog. This is what the dedicated thread is for :)

When can we expext the new Jets in Arma 3 that BIS is currently working on?

I was away from Arma 3 for about 2 Weeks and i don´t find an Update that Added the new jets or a Screenshot of it. I realy enjoy the new flight model but only one jet is not enough :(

The CSAT CAS jet is to be delivered with the first campaign episode, whose release date is to be revealed this week. No ETA on the NATO CAS jet. EDIT: According to pettka, the CSAT CAS jet is actually scheduled for episodes 2 or 3 (and therefore no ETA on that either).

Edited by Chortles

Alt + Enter now causes the game to crash. That is a serious issue for me, because I use it a lot while testing. Also, I have to run the game in windowed mode first and then switch it to fullscreen otherwise my cursor has an offset in the game (since beta).

Branch: Development

Version: 1.03.111011

Update:

OK, not only Alt + Enter causes it. If you change it in your video settings it crashes the game too.

Edited by Bouben

Post removed. GranolaBar, please do not spam the discussion thread with the changelog. This is what the dedicated thread is for :)

OK i'm a badboy :o

Under : few tests about water at this state of development branch :

Particule on surface, not under.

Problem with penetration of fire, only the gun for underwater could fire though the surface of water, not a normal gun, not a rocket, not ...^^

Problem with animation when we eject from plane

Problem with surface camera (the old the shader problem who was solved on the latest version of VBS (june 2013)

Another bug:

Weather settings is not saved when saving a mission in the editor. After the load the weather is set to the default.

The CSAT CAS jet is to be delivered with the first campaign episode, whose release date is to be revealed this week. No ETA on the NATO CAS jet.

I would say that the SITREP hinted for some later release date of the CAS jet, but no promises even in this way :icon_twisted:

OK i'm a badboy :o

Problem with penetration of fire, only the gun for underwater could fire though the surface of water, not a normal gun, not a rocket, not ...^^

I don't think this is an problem. Most weapons have nearly zero penetration in water. You can see this in video's like

I don't think this is an problem. Most weapons have nearly zero penetration in water. You can see this in video's like

Hum nice movie, but i doubt than when we are in the underwater (30cm) the fire of gun from the surface couldn't kill a guy. If it's the case, i can play as actually without any problem, in god mod underwater...

Especially doubt when it's a fire from a tank...

I would say that the SITREP hinted for some later release date of the CAS jet, but no promises even in this way :icon_twisted:

wow damn, 31 october sounds quite far for me, and not even then :(