By "global and local lighting" I assume they mean the fact that individual rain drops are now affected both by ambient light and by individual light sources.

As seen here:

Holy damn ! look at this

http://imgur.com/qn01UsQ

Can't wait to try this out in-game. :D

Added: Small objects (courtesy of the DayZ team - thanks!):

Why are those only objects that can be placed in the world, but can not be picked up ?

By "global and local lighting" I assume they mean the fact that individual rain drops are now affected both by ambient light and by individual light sources.

As seen here:

Can't wait to try this out in-game. :D

WOW!!!

Beautiful update BIS. Only thing I can find to complain about is the marking on the DMS seem to be blurred.

Thanks for fixing the ridiculous binocular sway.

The new rain looks much better, also no rain indoors anymore. :)

I think the wind influence are to subtle though, at max wind/gust setting there are not much difference.

The revolver was really well made. Great reload animations as RH said, and you can actually see the bullet is gone and empty casings are left when the cylinder rotates.

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

Hmm I remember seeing rain other side of a hangar for example in the slipped version. Now the rain kicks in only when I'm close enough an edge of a roof. I can upload a video if you don't know what I mean. Otherwise loving it.

Thanks for the binoc sway reduce. Maybe bit too stable now but I don't mind that much because it was way overdone before.

Rain looks very nice step forward, as one issue I noticed that it blinks or even dissapear (until moving view again) with certain angles between 270-360 and 0-45 degrees (combined with certain vertical angles). Also when in car (tested with hunter) with 1st person view, at least in night time, you cant see the raining unless switching to NVgoggles or 3rd person view.

FIX: Fatigue now affects animation speed properly (work in progress)

After last update it doesn't work anymore :(.

The new rain looks much better, also no rain indoors anymore. :)

I think the wind influence are to subtle though, at max wind/gust setting there are not much difference.

I agree, it's an incredibly splendid improvement compared to what we used to have. :yay:

You can get some nice sideways results by forcing the wind to extremes, but then the clouds move way too fast as well as other wind influenced things.

J8lXZVLs.jpg

Hopefully the further planned improvements will go into a bit more details like bringing back the rain splashes on the ground, rain sounds for different surfaces (like metal or canvas roofs of objects/vehicles) and whatnot.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Why are those only objects that can be placed in the world, but can not be picked up ?

I was afraid of that. We need inventory items not more world clutter.

Would be nice if they were indeed inventory items with a ground model, we can spawn them in holders and make them world clutter easy. So might as well have both.

Anyway, F35 is now in game. :p

Damn you I was already racing to my rig. :D

Yay!

If we could use them as actual items, say inside our medical kits and FAKs, this would be the game of the century for me.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Would be nice if they were indeed inventory items with a ground model, we can spawn them in holders and make them world clutter easy. So might as well have both.

Anyway, F35 is now in game. :p

Lol, let me foogle that for you!

I really like how the new british uniform looks ingame, but I thought it would be included as some kind of group inside the NATO, not only in story chars.

I noticed the rain does not fall onto glass, no windshield wipers yet, no sound of rain hitting outside of vehicle, no wet ground, and not affected by wind enough.

I noticed the rain does not fall onto glass, no windshield wipers yet, no sound of rain hitting outside of vehicle, no wet ground, and not affected by wind enough.

Yeah, and you can't smell it.

Yeah, and you can't smell it.

But this can't be replicated ingame (yet), to others on the other hand...

On the other hand, let's be patient. It's clearly stated in the changelog it is WIP.

Yay!

On the other hand, let's be patient. It's clearly stated in the changelog it is WIP.

Yay!

Yea, it's missing sounds of it coming in contact with objects, vehicles and the ground.