Woah that muzzle flash looks horrible and cheap. It's just a single static texture appearing, floating in the air for ms and then disappearing with smoke just exiting in a straight line afterwards.

Absolutely terrible.

Tanks in OA had it right.

Ages ahead of ArmA3.

I totally agree. They have a perfect effect in A2:OA, why not use it?

The A2OA effect was great, and had a more complex and realistic "3-d" appearance. But that was then, this is now. I like the shape of the Slammer flash effect a little better than the rounder shape of the new dev one for the T-100. The new Slammer effect expresses a sharper, more violent, and directed explosion, but the "static texture" method can appear simpler and cheaper. I wonder why they jettisoned the old effect? Game performance? Reduction of muzzle flash and smoke using 2035 ammo and cannon?

The old effect was waaay better. It didn´t look like a cheap 2D sprite but like something volumetric.

Don't worry, it won't stay in current state. That new tank's fire effect is WIP. I made some bigger changes and I wanted to get some feedback, not only from devs but even from you, before I completely finish it. And because this is the dev branch, it seemed appropriate to me to send it there in current state. Anyway, thank you for your feedback, it is very helpful. There will be definitely some changes. :)

What I personally love is the fire following the round for the first few meters.

Yay!

Hopefully this will be the right place - I was wondering if there are any plans to memorize fire mod for vehicles as well for rifles? The issue I am referring to is if I set ( eg. SMG ) to full auto and board a vehicle, it will restore to single fire, as soon as I leave the vehicle ( either as gunner, driver, passenger or step out of the vehicle )

Unfortunately the same isseu applies to vehicle turrets / main gun. If I were to be in gunner seat and loaded HE projectiles and jump off the vehicle ( or again, just switch positions for , say, driver ) the HE round will not be remembered and will default to APSI rounds.

I believe this is something I experienced in arma 1 and 2 and was hoping it could get looked into.

Don't worry, it won't stay in current state. That new tank's fire effect is WIP. I made some bigger changes and I wanted to get some feedback, not only from devs but even from you, before I completely finish it. And because this is the dev branch, it seemed appropriate to me to send it there in current state. Anyway, thank you for your feedback, it is very helpful. There will be definitely some changes. :)

Excellent! :) It may be helpful to add "(WIP)" or some such to the changelog to designate items for which immediate feedback is requested. "WIP" is already used sometimes, but adding it routinely could get you the feedback you want faster, and also could have the effect of people not getting as "upset" if the WIP effect is less than desirable.

Excellent! :) It may be helpful to add "(WIP)" or some such to the changelog to designate items for which immediate feedback is requested. "WIP" is already used sometimes, but adding it routinely could get you the feedback you want faster, and also could have the effect of people not getting as "upset" if the WIP effect is less than desirable.
Excellent idea, +1.

Yay!

^ ^ AWESOME! The blast appears quite volumetric at night there (less sprite-like), and, I dare say, considerably more kick-ass than the Abrams blast in A2OA. And, again, the smaller blast kicked out by the projectile through the main blast is novel, cool, and not present in OA. Perhaps the color variations and gradients within the blast effect can be heightened so that the blast appears more volumetric during daytime?

My

also makes me wonder about whether a vehicle gunner should disembark when the vehicle becomes damaged but the gun and turret are still operable and fire-able (canFire = true), especially when enemy have been detected by the crew and are attacking... I think that issue has been discussed before, somewhere... Edited by OMAC

My
also makes me wonder about whether a vehicle gunner should disembark when the vehicle becomes damaged but the gun and turret are still operable and fire-able (canFire = true), especially when enemy have been detected by the crew and are attacking... I think that issue has been discussed before, somewhere...

You can set this with allowCrewInImmobile as the mission builder.

Works really nicely with:

myGroup allowFleeing 0;

:)

^ ^ :cool: Thanks. :)

Vehicle turrets are being lol-cat-lized (translation: localized)

As in what? I haven't noticed any differences.

Night version:

Well now we just need over pressure effects for standing next to it (ring ring) and standing in front of the muzzle in a 90 degree cone. (Death - Knockdown - Ringing ears)

Those firing effects on tanks are coming along very good. I like how you can start to feel the power from heavier equipment now. Starting to feel nice.

Agreed some ear ringing would really add to the overall effect. Good work BIS.

Good News, I´m eager to see what you can come up with!

As in what? I haven't noticed any differences.

Localization refers to language, so like putting the text/audio (in this case, probably commands for the gunners or the turret names or something) in other languages.

Just checked A2's M1A1 effect. I'd prefer that more. The flash in front of the barrel doesn't look good and makes the effect look way too static. Take the static muzzle flash off or maybe make it flash very quickly.

/Made a comparsion video between A2 and A3. The "moving flash" looks good in A3.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Just checked A2's M1A1 effect. I'd prefer that more. The flash in front of the barrel doesn't look good and makes the effect look way too static. Take the static muzzle flash off.

It needs to appear for a shorter period of time, as now the particle effects, smoke and flame that is, are already extinguished but the static flame is still there just floating in the air

•Gunner of SDV is now able to turn his head correctly

Hey, I have a wacky idea. How about you put the right crew in the opfor SDV, then worry about his dumb head.

•Gunner of SDV is now able to turn his head correctly

Hey, I have a wacky idea. How about you put the right crew in the opfor SDV, then worry about his dumb head.

Why cant you be more courteous? It is progress is it not?

It needs to appear for a shorter period of time, as now the particle effects, smoke and flame that is, are already extinguished but the static flame is still there just floating in the air

I'm sure that the flash lasting longer than it should is just for the testing, and not intended to look like that in final.