I just did some testing, and now I don't get the flickering at all, even though I am at the exact same position north of Kavala. Is there anything else which could cause the z fighting?

Were you standing when the flickering disappeared? Try going prone:

This happens when there's visible objects near (foliage, ground) and far (the buildings) from you; the depth buffer runs out of precision, so the distant polygons close to each other are considered to be at the same exact distance. Therefore resulting in z-fighting.

Standing up eliminates the near objects from the view, and the buffer's range can again tell the distant objects apart.

The only feasible way to mitigate this, is to make lower detail objects. Or at least remove or change the parts that are very close to each other.

• Like 1

I just did some testing, and now I don't get the flickering at all, even though I am at the exact same position north of Kavala. Is there anything else which could cause the z fighting?

At least graphic options don't have any effect on it. I tried everything on lowest and ultra and it was the same thing. I was watching the same building from the same place and the fighting was looking exactly like in your video.

/Yes crouching or standing up and it disappeared.

//The z-fighting causes very minimal impact on performance. At least I see 1-2% GPU usage rise when in prone and I disabled grass. Could also partially explain this old issue http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8905

<esc> Debug Console command <enter>

in SP now saves mission. In prior versions it executed the command locally.

Is that intended?

ZAFIR and MK200 BUG

Reloading on empty mag, the ammo belt are popping in. Not happens on new dlc MGs.

Thank you for pointing this out. It will be fixed in Dev-Branch soonâ„¢.

• Like 2

Fixed: Loading screens would pop-up during MP scenario setup or play (http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=26494)

Still experiencing this in testing todays build.

When I go to setup a local LAN game, for example, every 10 seconds or so the loading screen will flash up. Also disables mouse input temporarily.

Added: New overview images for End Game scenarios

Where are these to be found? I didn't see anything after a test in the Feres End Game scenario.

E

• Tweaked: Hold breath audio samples volume raised

It is useless!

Because only in ARMA3 for any guns you will hold breath to aim at target far above 100m steadily, that means not only sniper with scope but every weapon with/ without any scope, which cause when you fire with your automatic rifle, you can't hear your breath. You can't take good advantage of the feature.

I suggest BIS make a bar to show breath status. It will fade or change color to show how much time left you can hold breath.

Or learn from some other game: make a Heart Rate Chart.

Because only in ARMA3 for any guns you will hold breath to aim at target far above 100m steadily, that means not only sniper with scope but every weapon with/ without any scope, which cause when you fire with your automatic rifle, you can't hear your breath. You can't take good advantage of the feature.

Ok, so maybe I didn't quite understand you, but the hold breath noise is for when your lining up on a target. It helps determine whether you should or should not fire.

I suggest BIS make a bar to show breath status. It will fade or change color to show how much time left you can hold breath...

I think I will be looking at my target rather than looking at a bar or chart...

... Or learn from some other game: make a Heart Rate Chart.

... incidentally, this pretty much sums up how I personally feel about more charts ;)

i like the idea of the breathing noise for timing when to shoot (at that natural pause between breathing in). but i cant hear a thing right now. if i turn my headphones up more then the shots'll be really loud.

i like the idea of the breathing noise for timing when to shoot (at that natural pause between breathing in). but i cant hear a thing right now. if i turn my headphones up more then the shots'll be really loud.

At the moment the volume of the hold breath samples is tied to the level of fatigue. This should soon be de-coupled.

Anyone else having a problem when having keyboard and controller? I've USB Keyboard and Fanatec CSR Wheel and Pedals. When I have the Fanatec enabled, giving new controls for keyboard is impossible because it somehow reads that my clutch pedal is also "pushed" (it's read as it's up). Playing with deadzones etc. didn't help. It doesn't differ from gas and brake pedals. The funny thing also is that if I double tap some keyboard key there will be combination of two keys from my keyboard. For example if I double tap K there will be 5+2xK (for sometime it would've been Backspace+2xK but I don't know how that changed). It's always that 5+something when double tapped and Fanatec CSR Stick Slider 1+ and the key pressed. So it reads that clutch always when it's up. The 5+ in double tapped doesn't still get read in game so if I've assigned 5 as cycle throw items and I press 2xK to toggle compass, the grenades won't change.

I can go around the keyboard key assign problem if I disable the controller first from the menu and I can assign my wheel and pedals normally.

This hasn't been a problem before :/

Also I see you've started to translate keyboards so backspace for me is ASKELPALAUTIN. Windows, Alt Gr, Home, End, Page Up/Down and likely many other keys are blank so you can't read what's pressed. Translation is missing for many keys.

• Like 1

I wonder if the new dev branch update having to do with player ammo in vehicles can fix this bug: getting on seats where you can shoot out (skids, back of offroad), can occasionally wipe out ALL of your spare mags.

on the topic of breathing.

it seems the characters don't. the weapon sway is tied to fatigue but its all to easy for breathing to almost disappear completly. a bit too stable.

here's the most boring video ever to show it.

https://youtu.be/QwnYMyto1Kc

there should be a more noticeable rise and fall of the gun based on a breathing cycle. I take this chance to mention it because it seems BIS is working on this now, which is a good thing. oh, and the breathing cycle timing (time to inhale, pause, exhale) should be timed to be natural and increase in tempo and intensity with fatigue.

Anyone else having a problem when having keyboard and controller? I've USB Keyboard and Fanatec CSR Wheel and Pedals. When I have the Fanatec enabled, giving new controls for keyboard is impossible because it somehow reads that my clutch pedal is also "pushed" (it's read as it's up). Playing with deadzones etc. didn't help. It doesn't differ from gas and brake pedals. The funny thing also is that if I double tap some keyboard key there will be combination of two keys from my keyboard. For example if I double tap K there will be 5+2xK (for sometime it would've been Backspace+2xK but I don't know how that changed). It's always that 5+something when double tapped and Fanatec CSR Stick Slider 1+ and the key pressed. So it reads that clutch always when it's up. The 5+ in double tapped doesn't still get read in game so if I've assigned 5 as cycle throw items and I press 2xK to toggle compass, the grenades won't change.

I can go around the keyboard key assign problem if I disable the controller first from the menu and I can assign my wheel and pedals normally.

This hasn't been a problem before :/

Also I see you've started to translate keyboards so backspace for me is ASKELPALAUTIN. Windows, Alt Gr, Home, End, Page Up/Down and likely many other keys are blank so you can't read what's pressed. Translation is missing for many keys.

Sounds like this problem, which exists since couple of patches. Probably not important for casual gameplay... so low on a prio list by BIS -_-

• Like 1

ZAFIR and MK200 BUG

Reloading on empty mag, the ammo belt are popping in. Not happens on new dlc MGs.

Thank you for pointing this out. It will be fixed in Dev-Branch soonâ„¢.

Chance you can fix the holes in the MK200 ironsights mesh while you're tweaking the model for the reload anims?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23292

I'm pretty sure the faces that should cover those holes are just missing from the animated selections after splitting from the ironsight topology or something, but they are still in the model. Redefining the selections should only take a few minutes right?

When you are hit, the camera will shake, but the aiming point is still on the target.

The correct feature should be: when you are hit, the camera will shake and the aiming point is out of target and move randomly.

Of cause someone can say, the camera is shaking so you can't aim at the target steadily.

But I believe due to the aiming point is still on target, AI won't be affected by the shaking camera feature. SO when they are hit they are still aiming at the target and ready to fire any time.

Did i miss Something ?

Command menu doesn't show numbers

Example :

& Ouvrir le feu (open fire)    instead of     1 Ouvrir le feu
  Ne pas tirer  (don't fire)                           2 Ne pas tirer
" Tirer             (Fire)                                  3 Tirer
' Engager       (Engage)                            4 Engager

W10 French Azerty

When you are hit, the camera will shake, but the aiming point is still on the target.

The correct feature should be: when you are hit, the camera will shake and the aiming point is out of target and move randomly.

Of cause someone can say, the camera is shaking so you can't aim at the target steadily.

But I believe due to the aiming point is still on target, AI won't be affected by the shaking camera feature. SO when they are hit they are still aiming at the target and ready to fire any time.

If that's true that seriously needs to be addressed as dispersion needs to be increased for an injured ai

Did i miss Something ?

Command menu doesn't show numbers

Example :

& Ouvrir le feu (open fire)    instead of     1 Ouvrir le feu

Ne pas tirer  (don't fire)                           2 Ne pas tirer

" Tirer             (Fire)                                  3 Tirer

' Engager       (Engage)                            4 Engager

W10 French Azerty

Hi. We are sorry for inconvenience. This is a result of considering system KB layout for key labels/names in Configure-Controls menu as we use your KB layout (so no more QWERTY on your AZERTY keyboard). Right now, all the keys of the layout are taken from your system so it also takes your national symbols instead of digits. 

We are in process of evaluation of the next move here so pls be patient.

BI programmer

Can't wait for this update...hope we can see it soon to stable.

I am so ready for this update

We got it.

You don't have to repeat yourself.

• Like 1

is nearestTerrainObjects going to be included in the next (stable) update? I am not on dev currently, and it is not yet on listed on the BIKI. Just wondering.

is nearestTerrainObjects going to be included in the next (stable) update? I am not on dev currently, and it is not yet on listed on the BIKI. Just wondering.

I think so, since it's in the release candidate already.

• Like 3