What caused performance increase if i may ask? I see big feature in this for all costom, and ported maps.

What caused performance increase if i may ask? I see big feature in this for all costom, and ported maps.

I would imagine they have done some tweaking/optimisation. Not sure what your mean about ported/custom maps, could you please clarify as that sentence makes no sense.

I mean CUP terrains and some advice for modders, is this some new type of rendering applied automaticly (no change in configs required), or this is some type of tweaks, that every author of its map need to apply in some way (if yes, how?).

I mean CUP terrains and some advice for modders, is this some new type of rendering applied automaticly (no change in configs required), or this is some type of tweaks, that every author of its map need to apply in some way (if yes, how?).

Sounds like a global optimization:

A set of rendering optimizations by Senior Programmer Lukáš BábíÄek has now come online, covering areas like preparing the scene for rendering in smarter ways, aggregating the terrain grid, drawing distant objects that have become reduced to mere pixels, LOD-handling, calculating terrain shadows, etc. Even though these optimizations were benchmarked on Tanoa, they can definitely help on other terrains. But there are risks also. It may be that one type of scene now works better, while another runs worse.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00157

And yeah, the improvement is massive in static scenes with lots of objects and very little action. Like, up to +40% on my end.

• Like 4

I can also say I have seen big improvements in performance. But-has anyone else started to have way longer load times? Like-way way longer?

• Like 1

I can also say I have seen big improvements in performance. But-has anyone else started to have way longer load times? Like-way way longer?

Yea, i think that started with 1.58 update but nobody mentioned it on forums so i thought it was only me

With normal UI, i get a over sized UI in eden and with the smallest one also a big UI

They propably test a 3den version for mobile now :D

• Like 1

Yup, it's a known issue, Eden interface is bugged for now :)

Yup, it's a known issue, Eden interface is bugged for now :)

I wasn't sure-I am still using 2D ediotr a lot because I only use it for ,basic things like testing new vehicles etc, so I turned on Eden and saw this huge thing :) I was sitting there trying to remember "was this always so big?"...

It's in Thursday's changelog ;)

Sorry to add work on a Friday evening <_< , but car plates doesn't work for now in dev

And yeah, the improvement is massive in static scenes with lots of objects and very little action. Like, up to +40% on my end.

Like being lost in the jungle of Tanoa ! ;) 

When can we expect new stuff for testing on devbranch?

We always use the rules for not asking mod makers for updates. Does that apply to the Devs as well? ;) But I imagine there will be plenty more stuff coming soon before Apex. 

• Like 2

I noticed on this page

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13mJqDXAmjzoFRZ0yVOLh9PcATp30xNvX99Uln0mFymU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

that you are overhauling the disableNVGEquipment and disableTIEquipment commands.

I've recently opened a FT ticket about an issue that occurs when those commands are used. Would be good time to take a look at it.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T116722

Is anyone getting errors relating to "gun particles" ?

wKYC6mr.jpg

I don't, it may be related to mods.

However I go this one, by previewing a mission in the editor :

1465054207-20160604172813-1.jpg

I get the same error without any mods, and none of my own weapon addons has anything to do with gun particles in the configs.

Will keep trying to track it down, thanks

[quot

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Geometric_Occluders

Also this technology has likely be applied now better on the objects. Not sure if the technology just was there but it wasn't applied until just now.

Sorry to bring this up again but there's something really odd and unusual going on in the dev branch.
I compared the performance between different view distance settings and game versions.
(10 seconds of overlooking Kavala, 10s fast flight across the map.)

VD/OVD km   1.58    1.60    1.61    1.61/1.60
2 / 1.4                58.0    57.7    62.8    +8%
4 / 2.2                46.1    45.5    58.3    +28%
8 / 4.0                29.5    29.0    42.3    +45%
12 / 8.0              16.3    15.9    29.0    +82%

Very alarming. I fear this will ruin all of my slidesho... no wait, this isn't Powerpoint. Never mind. As you were.

• Like 5

Sorry to bring this up again but there's something really odd and unusual going on in the dev branch.

I compared the performance between different view distance settings and game versions.

(10 seconds of overlooking Kavala, 10s fast flight across the map.)

VD/OVD km   1.58    1.60    1.61    1.61/1.60

2 / 1.4                58.0    57.7    62.8    +8%

4 / 2.2                46.1    45.5    58.3    +28%

8 / 4.0                29.5    29.0    42.3    +45%

12 / 8.0              16.3    15.9    29.0    +82%

Very alarming. I fear this will ruin all of my slidesho... no wait, this isn't Powerpoint. Never mind. As you were.

Wow, that table looks very promising. Seems like 12/8.0 could be playable on some pcs now.

I think I'll create a similar table to see if I can reproduce the perf. increase.

QHuDj6I.png

Well, I definitely can confirm the values, the most benefit will the user with higher VDs have. My GPU was permanently at 100%, maybe I should do a test again with lower grafic settings.

• Like 1