Anyone else have messed up trackIR with the latest DEV build?
When I turn my view away from center and zoom in, the camera is forced towards center.

If I hold left alt key(freelook) and zoom in, it works as intended.

I haven't checked the game since a while, and now I've noticed that on Tanoa (tests without ai so far), and on Altis (with some of my custom missions that always had a few performance drops), I belong to the 60fps master race now. Awesome. Even could increased the view range a tad without noticing a change.

Don't know where else to ask this, but how do we get the 2D editor back?

I think it was ctrl+O (as in "old") in the world selection screen.
  • Like 1

I think it was ctrl+O (as in "old") in the world selection screen.

Thanks. Though I think it would be a lot better if they instead used like a secret button on the screen that you had to click

2) WY-55 useless since 1.56

Well the WY-55 is certainly useless for night stealth operations since it's impossible to turn off the collision lights for that chopper...
EDIT: oh wait, only when spawning in it with engines on. Also, the main rotor on that thing spins very very slowly :\

I´ve got very strange FPS problems on Dev-branch. After starting I got around 20 fps and below. A temporary fix for me was to load the map with a character, go into the video setting and select "windowed", then press escape so that the old setting is active again. After that I was able to fly around Tanoa with 80 fps for a few minutes. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Very constructive feedback there. Maybe- if it's not too much trouble- you could define how the WY-55 is "useless"?

How armed helicopter can be useless? 

Only one way -  It doesn't attack any targets. 

Now RPG-32 is useless. 

Dev-version is broken, stable version is broken - tell me please, how can i play my support edition?

Someone on steam forums is saying the cocky one-hand-carrying-gun walking animation removed from 1.58 (if I recall) is back now.

It was never removed from the game, but it's not the default used in the animation spider. Scripters can trigger it if they do so explicitly (for cutscenes e.g.).

• Like 2

ENGINE
  • Added: Support for multiple vision modes for goggles

Hmm, FGS anyone? 

9DecGwP.jpg

The steam page has been updated with some new pictures. Perhaps these goggles will have multiple view modes?

Added: New main menu terrain scenes for Altis, Stratis and VR (consistent with Tanoa’s new approach)

Finally, now no more annoying gun fight while looking for a server.

Edit: Fixed typo

• Like 2

Finally, now more annoying gun fight while looking for a server.

Just disable them then? ;)

-skipintro

• Like 1

Was a typo Greenfist. now -> no

Interesting how one letter can change the whole meaning of a sentence:D

• Like 1

Driving around Tanoa, I notice *HEAVY* LOD popup. I mean, really heavy.

While flying around Tanoa I have noticed probably the same - heavy changing LODs of trees mainly, although had a stable and pretty nice FPS. So, performance-wise issue/behavior?

What's more important from my point of view, Dev Branch broke my Seaknight [WIP] addon. Perhaps, that's something related to AFM or config, as while starting up engines in AFM, I simultaneously lost both rotors. Also, the Knight lost all ResLOD proxies of the main model. Never had such problem before.

While flying around Tanoa I have noticed probably the same - heavy changing LODs of trees mainly, although had a stable and pretty nice FPS. So, performance-wise issue/behavior?

What's more important from my point of view, Dev Branch broke my Seaknight [WIP] addon. Perhaps, that's something related to AFM or config, as while starting up engines in AFM, I simultaneously lost both rotors. Also, the Knight lost all ResLOD proxies of the main model. Never had such problem before.

Honestly, I rather take a performance hit than to play with the current aggressive LOD switching. It's also pretty annoying that at one point, the LODs start flickering between the two LODs, back and forth...

There has to be some work invested into this, as it is now, it's really bad

• Like 2

Fighter pilot helmets have integrated NVGs now.

After having taken to the air one too many times with a custom loadout where I've forgotten them, this news pleases me greatly.

• Like 1

After having taken to the air one too many times with a custom loadout where I've forgotten them, this news pleases me greatly.

Me too :D Also-I have to commend the team for Tanoa's fantastic ambient sound! I found myself looking into tree branches for parrots and monkeys that I knew were not there :)

• Like 2

Me too :D Also-I have to commend the team for Tanoa's fantastic ambient sound! I found myself looking into tree branches for parrots and monkeys that I knew were not there :)

Oh yeah, they're great! Especially given the ambient noise seems to react to gunfire- the birds will shut up if you go rambo on the canopy, and pick back up after a while. It's a tiny little feature (or convenient bug) that adds a lot to the ambience, feels like.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, they're great! Especially given the ambient noise seems to react to gunfire- the birds will shut up if you go rambo on the canopy, and pick back up after a while. It's a tiny little feature (or convenient bug) that adds a lot to the ambience, feels like.

Didn't realise it is reactive-fantastic addition. I am afraid to load up JSRS in case it interferes with the fancy new ambient sounds :D

Didn't realise it is reactive-fantastic addition. I am afraid to load up JSRS in case it interferes with the fancy new ambient sounds :D

Haha, don't blame you there at all! I've been wary to load any sound mods up with the work BI have been doing on sound these last few patches. It's not perfect, for sure, but I'm really loving how much they've done since the Arma 2 days- or even since launch!

• Like 1

It doesn't!

• Like 3

Perhaps these goggles will have multiple view modes?

how does the first guy pointed his gun like that...blindfire confirmed?? pls make it happen

A big problem with the dev branch right now is that ownership of the DLC is not correctly evaluated if the dev branch is downloaded via Game Updater. BIS, is there any chance of fixing that ?

After yesterdays update, it doesn't seem possible to exit Zeus mode once activated, can anyone confirm? Have my Zeus key bound to TAB.

Edit: I switched my shortcut key to # and it now allows me to toggle as before.

There must have been some conflict introduced with the TAB key bind.

I hope they make the interior for all the buildings like in the Altis/Stratis map in Tanoa aswell. Would be awesome to be able to walk arround in skyscrapers and other tall buildings.