@Victim9l3, the devs saw your post about this subject the first time. If they've chosen to ignore it, tough luck. It's not the end of the world.

Let's not derail this thread again with another discussion about how the dev blog is written.

How dare you not compile new EXE! *Insert Darth Vader choking joke here* xD

I love the changelog humor, enough said.

I'm still impressed to see how much stuff gets fixed and changed daily. Can't wait to try this stuff out.

*Waits patiently for the unmanned vehicles* *Drools*

Could a dev explain this one a bit further?

-Fatigue and capacity wars are waged on.

What exactly has been changed on this aspect in todays update?

High Command error is gone when opening the selection (Ctrl+Space), still some other error from when you point and click enemy group to give HC group a target, but else very nice. Is there more enviroment sounds too, heard some more bird noises.

yeah environment sounds - bird noises are nice. Noticed on the weather side of things that a heavily clouded morning 05.00 80% cloud still has sunshine coming through.

Sound echo is still there for firing mortars. Most other vehicles are fine though for the few I tried.

question to all readers above 18 + years with a drivers license.

if u look in the left/right mirror of your car what do u see on the inner side of your mirror ?

.... exactly the back side of your vehicle.

when I look in the mirrors of the hunter.

and try to reverse back on to a parking lot or evade the car behind me.

I can not determine the distance between me and the car behind, in many cases I end up driving into its front fender.

seeing the back of the vehicle in mirrors inner side would be very useful,

cause that way u determine how much space is between u and the car behind.

Seriously, dev's get over the "NATO technicians have found and removed invisible barriers around Ghosthawk" and "Panther commanders have been trained to pop-out of their hatch less". Just tell us what you fixed without this misplaced need to create a story within a changelog. This dev branch update and dev branch discussion is about the workings of this game. If you want to tell us how NATO guys did something, then put that inside the game where it belongs. I'm sure you don't want us creating feedback tickets telling you how your NATO drivers prefer driving off the road or how Independent strider drivers prefer to hover in the air. No you want us telling you that strider wheels don't touch the ground, or how AI soldiers won't get out of parachutes as opposed to "My OPFOR have not been trained to get out of parachutes". Or they like setting fire to their parachutes. Please just tell us what you did in the dev branch update, no storyline. Thanks

The first example has to do with literally as it says..a problem surfaces in a ticket that shows two spaced invisible cubes sitting on either side of the ghost hawks geometry. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10214

if u look in the left/right mirror of your car what do u see on the inner side of your mirror ?

I can not determine the distance between me and the car behind, in many cases I end up driving into its front fender.

exactly, i also wrote about that problem before, the only vehicles they have that in, is the civilian truck and the xH-9.

should be in all vehicle, hope they fix that, its really needed, if you play without 3rd-person (i only play first-person)

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Anyways, has anyone else have this? It was using the NATO Recon Marksman.

Could a dev explain this one a bit further?

-Fatigue and capacity wars are waged on.

What exactly has been changed on this aspect in todays update?

That's basically fatigue and backpack storage being tweaked to perfection.

RPG launch effect tweaked

I really want to see this one. Too bad I'm currently on stable.

Lord Bouncy PhysX Pettka

LOL

Anyways, has anyone else have this? It was using the NATO Recon Marksman.

Yes! There are even more corrupt textures with e.g. the crew helmet.

Whats so hard to understand about the changelogs? people love to complain just for complaining.

The ghosthawks had an collision problem, so this was the "invisible barriers". If you didn't understood you probably don't knew about the bug, and the Panther commanders, is probably about AI using Panthers, so they should be less prone to turn out, i'm not sure because i'm not playing A3 with AI recently and wasn't aware of this issue, so it made no difference to me...

Yes! There are even more corrupt textures with e.g. the crew helmet.

I just can't understand why they'd change something that wasn't broken. Crew helmets were fine. They just weren't coded in. Really can't understand how they mess something simple like that up when mods were unlocking them back in Alpha.

RPG launch effect tweaked
I really want to see this one. Too bad I'm currently on stable.

The RPG projectile has been corrected so it doesn't have a smoketrail.

The backblast particle effect is still wrong though!

The backblast particle is indeed way too overdone!

It is too thick and especially much too white.

how the real RPG-32 looks like shooting. Note how there is a modest amount of smoke. This smoke however is much thinner and has a rather grey color. A slightly lighter and thicker version of the current exhaust particle effect would match the real backblast very well!

I honestly wouldn't know how to do this. And I do get exactly what you described as well, although I've learned to live with it for the most part. Any pointers? I can't see anything in game nor in my calibration menu through Windows.

Go to Config and then select Controllers at the bottom you will have a buttom named Customize. Click on that and you should see sliders for all your analog axis that you can tweak left or right. I'm not home at the moment so above is on top of my head and hope I remember correctly.

there should be more a throttle controll from 0 to 100 for planes / helicopter. (like it is in takeonhelicopter, or other flight-sims) the controls -100 to 100 is really strange.

hope they change that in near dev-patches. would love to have a more realistic throttle.

I agree!

Even if it's much better than it was in Alpha the collective (throttle) doesn't give a linear control instead it's very touchy around 0 and less so at (approx) -20 to -100 and 20 to 100. As you said it feels bit strange compared to how it works in other flightsims.

I don't like using my X52 pro in Arma3, it's easier to use mouse to fly. Rudder pedals are working nicely though.

It may be easier with the mouse but I prefer analog X/Y plus collective and rudders anyday.

/KC

Agree with PurePassion about RPG-42 launch - better but still too smoky.

I reccomend to start with usual gun Pflow for the frontblast because he have correct speed, size, opacity and lifetime. Also, we can use this to the backblast but increase effects a bit. Would be close, i guess.

Edited by Anachoretes

lol wow. what is this? how did i miss this. i guess i gotta play the game again. is that a sound filter? and why on earth an echo? what the game desperatly needs is simple reverb for shot sounds. one lineintersect check on engine level...voila. pls BI. it doesn't have to be full simulation. just some ambience and immersion.

oh and btw. both stable and dev stutter then freeze for me a lot lately. anyone else having this problem. it's almost like early alpha.

oh and btw. both stable and dev stutter then freeze for me a lot lately. anyone else having this problem. it's almost like early alpha.

Had a couple of hiccups earlier today, not sure if it was my network connection tho, sounds seemed to play correctly the entire time, only the image froze for a second or two a few times, I haven't seen a complete freeze in ages.

Fatigue and capacity wars are waged on

What's with the capacity. In the last few dev builds, the capacity didn't change substantially. You can still carry a Titan launcher with one rocket loaded, and pack three additional missiles into your carryall backpack. This is too much. You should not be able to carry more than one, maximum two missiles in your backpack. Especially since you can still carry a full combat load (rifle, pistol ammunition and grenades, FAKs) along.

Honestly, 80 kg should be the maximum carrying capacity, but it seems that you can still carry much more than 100 kg. And since the current system doesn't seem to take volume into account (3 missiles in a backpack ? Never), you can carry insane amounts of light stuff like grenades (I just took a standard rifleman, added a carryall, and proceeded to add hand grenades until I hit the limit... guess what, 60 grenades)