or add the option to enable/disable this circle... because on ALTIS it will be the first time you can truly get lost! :)

#bigbloodyisland!

This is true. Something appeals to me about just wandering around Altis exploring :D

I suggest sorting Dev branch changelogs alphabetically. Many people are reading them and this would make it easier to follow.

I suggest sorting Dev branch changelogs alphabetically. Many people are reading them and this would make it easier to follow.

What would this even do??? I don't suddenly turn illiterate as soon as it's not alphabetical :s

This is true. Something appeals to me about just wandering around Altis exploring :D

i dont think you open a road map IRL and see a red circle radius?

i surely dont ;) but i get the idea of it.

maybe it could be on the medium difficulty as its inbetween

Oh come on, I guess it's quite a pain already simpkly writing them, if they even have to sort it alphabetically... :p

Yay!

or add the option to enable/disable this circle... because on ALTIS it will be the first time you can truly get lost! :)

#bigbloodyisland!

You could get lost on Chernarus too. Or Lingor, or any other map that's bigger than Utes or Stratis.

But that's not even the point. Right now, you either have your position shown directly on the map (if you are using easier settings), or you have the circle. There is no way to be truly lost. I honestly wonder what the point of the curcle was to begin with ? I mean, people are turning off permanent map information for a reason. If I don't want my position shown on the map, I don't want my position shown on the map, period. I most of all don't want to see my approximate position either.

Also, making it only appear if you have a GPS iis useless too, since you can deduce your exact position, anyway.

Bottom line: Honestly, get rid of it. If you must keep it, make it a setting that can be turned on or off. But this circle has absolutely no sense and no use.

You could get lost on Chernarus too. Or Lingor, or any other map that's bigger than Utes or Stratis.

But that's not even the point. Right now, you either have your position shown directly on the map (if you are using easier settings), or you have the circle. There is no way to be truly lost. I honestly wonder what the point of the curcle was to begin with ? I mean, people are turning off permanent map information for a reason. If I don't want my position shown on the map, I don't want my position shown on the map, period. I most of all don't want to see my approximate position either.

Also, making it only appear if you have a GPS iis useless too, since you can deduce your exact position, anyway.

Bottom line: Honestly, get rid of it. If you must keep it, make it a setting that can be turned on or off. But this circle has absolutely no sense and no use.

nice one, im sure it would only take 2 seconds to remove anyway right?

The NLAW is one of the few RPG's that can be fired in a room

NLAW is a missile not an RPG (rocket propelled grenade) :p

Because this! launcher don't produce so blast's.
Nope, current ballistic looks realistic. And this RPG produce very small amount of smoke

The back blast from firing an RPG is enough to kill someone if they cop it in a soft area like the head, And the amount of smoke depends on the quality of the round and cleanliness of the weapon.

The ballistic curve for an RPG round seems pretty harsh in game.

Edited by Bigpickle

Adjusted sound volume for quad bike and offroad

I think the quadbike sounds are top-notch now, but the offroad needs some more work. The model is modeled with open windows, yet it feels like you are driving an electrical car from inside. Also, can barely hear tire/brake sounds.

I just tried the latest dev build, and found out that this darn red circle on the map is still in. Please, PLEASE, for the love of God, remove this thing, at least make it optional OR tie its presence to the availability of a GPS. I recently made a mission in Arma 2 where one of the elements is to find out where you are, such a mission would be completely useless in Arma 3 because the red circle gives it away. So here goes again, please remove the circle or make it optional. Your own DayZ would be jeopardized by it, it makes GPS totally useless, and it just simply makes all missions that rely on orientation of the player by other means strictly impossible.

This is the appropriate ticket.

Totally agree with this. It needs to go.

I actually removed the map from the player because of this in one of my scenarios, there was no other way around it which was annoying.

The ballistic curve for an RPG round seems pretty harsh in game.

I compare on the same range with the "same" RPG. Close enough.

Care to elborate the method you used to compare, and what exactly is the "same" RPG?

The real life Alamut is the RPG-32

Yep, I became suspicious because of the quotation marks, for some reason I'm not very convinced on these kind of results :o

He might mean in-game as something has changed and now rockets fall short of the ranges given in the sight.

actually rpg-32 is modular, you nearly put any calibre in it, from small to big. I wish this would be same case in arma 3. Since this gives lots of advantage.

According me It's not just a metter of how cloud looks like, I was thinking about the possibility to have clouds close to the ground more than how they look like (read carefully my post) so they can affect helicopter flying at low level and also shooting condition for gunner like it is in real life, because as they are right now they are indeed beautifull to look at but useless... ...and maybe also performance consuming!!!

So next time reading through the various posts try to look a little bit further from the tip of your nose before putting down the first comment that pops in your head.

My gripe isn't about your clouds and I can understand how that can help 'immersion' while flying a chopper. It's just at this late stage of the game when the fundamentals are broken, such as AI, inventory, medic system and fatigue I don't understand how 'fluff' is important. Breaking the entire class system that makes everyone a rambo kind of kills the whole point of the team game, in my opinion.

When the devs are unable to use the framework to build a campaign and I can't get more than basic missions working as I intend after a few hundred hours, hearing someone complain about clouds seems frivolous to me. I wish the best for Arma but I've gone from ecstatic to feeling ripped off. Actually, very disappointed is a better term as I know what an alpha means, especially when it comes to Arma. So maybe it's par for course.

This is the dev thread so bringing up issues like clouds is something. The problems I have with it have been brought up a million times so there's no point in reiterating it again. Maybe we'll get nice clouds to fly through while the ground troops live in hell, who knows?

the clouds are going to be fixed... end of discussion.

moving on!

im not so sure the dev build should be continued when the game has been released.

the reason being that it just doesnt seem right, i can understand during development but not the final.

im going stable as soon as the game comes out. otherwise you will be playing a final game that will be changed every day.

#notforme

Yes, RPG-32 is modular, and therefore is are multipurpose launcher. But the game have visible line between AT soldiers and missiles experts.

You can

and compare with the "game curve", on the same range. Close, as i say. Edited by Anachoretes

actually rpg-32 is modular, you nearly put any calibre in it, from small to big. I wish this would be same case in arma 3. Since this gives lots of advantage.

Agreed, it also has tandem rounds that fire in short succession to defeat reactive armor. Unfortunately, Arma 3 only as AT and AA.. which makes me ask myself, what the heck are AA rounds ? It's not guided at all, just seems to have a slightly higher trajectory than that AT rounds...

I also wish they would portray the launcher as the small, 30 cm tube that it is and have the reload animation exchange the complete rocket pod instead of making a "throw in another missile" guesture

That AA variant was a placeholder for the Titan , because when alpha started the rpg32 AA round was actually guided with lock

That AA variant was a placeholder for the Titan , because when alpha started the rpg32 AA round was actually guided with lock

They are still in the current dev build, though, long time after the Titan was introduced and the RPG-32 become non-guided.

Should really make it HEDP and AP shells or similar

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

AA rockets? Another engine, stabilization, and head.

The ammunition doesn't have an engine, though, it's an RPG. And no one would try to use an unguided RPG to shoot at an air target

It is probably a misnomer, so I would like to know what it really is.

im not so sure the dev build should be continued when the game has been released.

the reason being that it just doesnt seem right, i can understand during development but not the final.

im going stable as soon as the game comes out. otherwise you will be playing a final game that will be changed every day.

#notforme

The whole point of this is so BIS can test things out with the help of the community without fucking up the stable game! Think of it as a test server for <insert generic MMO title>.

Varanon

I'm not sure, but if you projectile have are head - he is guided. Because i have seen the heads on AA missles(titan AA). And grenades and rockets have reactive engines.