does anyone have the problem when aiming in vegetation and switch to full auto and when firing... it lags like a bi**h when AA is turned completely off it improves a lot.

whats everyones thoughts?

im running the following specs

I7 3970x 3.5ghz

16gb ram

running arma 3 on 500gb SSD

viewdistance 3350

object - 1300

everything else on ultra :D

1920 - 1080 with 100% 3d res

Yeah that's purely GPU related. If I overclock my single GTX 780 a bit this problem largely disappears, but if you stress it enough it will happen again. I don't even bother running AA or Post Processing because to me it's just a waste and is ugly.

Apparently they added white hot and black hot thermal modes. If you go into the splendid camera and switch through the vision modes with N there's now white hot and black hot. Not sure if this is going to apply to thermal sight's and thermal optics on vehicles but it would definitely be nice :).

It was there for a bit ;)

Yeah I can confirm that FLIR has been in the game for quite awhile. I tested it on the HMG/GMG variant vehicles since very early on in the Alpha. Earliest screenshots I have showing it go back to April I believe. But it's nice that it's also in Camera mode as well.

Apparently they added white hot and black hot thermal modes.

Yep, 3 years ago.

Yeah I can confirm that FLIR has been in the game for quite awhile. I tested it on the HMG/GMG variant vehicles since very early on in the Alpha. Earliest screenshots I have showing it go back to April I believe. But it's nice that it's also in Camera mode as well.

it was in the first build, you got to see it in the vechile showcase

Some little detail I have spotted in latest dev build: seems like for vehicle crashes you no longer get injured all the time. E.g. it's very likely you will be injured with quadbike, less likely with offroad and you are almost safe in Hunter/Ifrit.

So the sound engine is capable of real time filtering and effects now? Do you plan on using things like Reverb, Occlusion, Echo, etc.. for shaping gunfire sound effects in real time based on environment?

Im pretty sure it's possible, Jarhead posted once EBR sample from A3 and it sounded that way - still no perfect but miles ahead his old soundmod for A2.

Headphones on:

http://mirror.24th-platoon.de/EBR.mp3

sounds like real-time filtering but im not so sure.

1) What happened to hand signals? i didn't see anyone used it anymore. Not player or AI.

We have an analysis for hand signals, but it's not yet implemented as it required a lot of work to do to the right standards and there are lots of more 'fundamental' animations I'd like to see polished first.

• Gestures should work in all stances (standing, crouched, prone) and adjusted stances
  • Gestures should work underwater
  • Gestures should work in multiplayer
  • Gestures should work with rifles and pistols
  • Gestures should work with weapon raised and lowered
  • Gestures need not work in conjunction with binoculars or launchers (i.e. no gesture played)
  • Gestures need not work when unarmed (i.e. no gesture played)
  • Gestures need not work outside of the scope of playing as a soldier (i.e. not played in vehicles, aircraft, parachuting/ free-falling)
  • Gestures need not work when incapacitated (i.e. no gesture played)
  • Gestures should work across the full range of movement in Standing or Crouched and with weapon raised or lowered
  • Gestures need not work while moving in prone (i.e. no gesture is played)
  • Gestures should not prevent or delay weapon discharge in any stance
  • Gestures should not prevent or delay movement in any stance

^ Agreed. Point 1 not so much, but 2 and 3. Those battle chatter things (realoading, covering, move....) should be heard by all, can disable it going into stealth mode.

Not sure if I quite get your point, but recently we've excluded the 'Combat Shout' class of words from broadcast over radio, meaning they're only audible in 3d space within a certain distance. The reasons for this are as follows:

• There is a new bug where (especially in MP) 'under fire' is spammed far, far too often
  • I'd like some words permanently excluded from radio broadcast (such as 'reloading!'), as they add a nice feeling to combat situations, but can become tiresome is prolonged firefights
  • We don't yet have programming time allocated to defining words as 'broadcast include' and 'broadcast exclude' within word classes (i.e. Combat Shouts).
  • For now the quickest solution was to disable all, and re-enable when we have time.

Details from our analysis below:

Refining the battlefield soundscape; filtering reports by configuration

The goal is to:

• Log Exclusion - Reduce the overall number of radio protocol reports appearing in the log
  • Broadcast Exclusion - Reduce the number of sentences broadcast via radio

Log Exclusion

Reduce the overall number of radio protocol reports appearing in the log

• In certain cases, spoken sentences needn't have a report in the protocol log
  • Some sentences tend to spam the log, and are relatively unimportant
  • Combat Shouts to be excluded (proposal): Cover me, Covering, Reloading

Broadcast Exclusion

Reduce the number of sentences broadcast via radio

• We may not transmit them over radio, so they can be heard only by nearby units (i.e. direct)
  • Combat Shouts to be untransmitted (proposal): Hit SFX, Reloading

And dind't like the new filters that much, but if you manage to make it depend on distance would add a touch. And since you talked about realtime filtering, a background sound could be nice....maybe.

WIP. First step was to make dynamic filtering more powerful by adding new parameters. These are in engine now, but are hard coded. To improve them, we need programmers to allow these values to be set in cfg. If and when that is done, it should provide a whole bunch of new and interesting options (but good luck finding a programmer at the moment). :)

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
  • Like 1

damn, i knew that. Now i don't have to wonder, why there is echoing and reverb at all. I hope you find one soon enough!

for the last few builds, the game 'stops working' (crashes) every time I quit/exit. anyone else have that issue?

Yes, that has been an issue for quite some time now but BIS has problems reproducing it afaik.

for the last few builds, the game 'stops working' (crashes) every time I quit/exit. anyone else have that issue?

I only see it occasionally. See: very rarely. Are you using a CPU overclock by any chance? Because I get this type of exit-crash on other applications when my overclock isn't stable.

I only see it occasionally. See: very rarely. Are you using a CPU overclock by any chance? Because I get this type of exit-crash on other applications when my overclock isn't stable.

Happens every time for me - no over clocking but my laptop probably really can't cope that well with arma 3

Not sure if anybody reported this, but the GUI element in the top right is off my screen in this version of the dev build:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150018679

Yeah as has been said it's because of the stance indicator. In order to get it working and looking right, you need to make a new Profile in Arma 3, load it, then exit the game. Load back up, delete the new profile and your old profile should be fine. Give it a shot let me know how it goes.

Yeah as has been said it's because of the stance indicator. In order to get it working and looking right, you need to make a new Profile in Arma 3, load it, then exit the game. Load back up, delete the new profile and your old profile should be fine. Give it a shot let me know how it goes.

I find the new profile works fine but the old profile still has the issue even when deleting the new profile and switching back to the old one.

I play mostly with a pair of DT990 Pro headphones which I use for my job as well, and to me the audio sounds pretty good it's a bit quiet in general volume the only sounds I struggle to hear most or that are most in the back of the enviroment mix are character noises, footsteps when walking and load noises (clothes rustling,etc) so it's mostly just ambient noises. The dynamic range could do with abit more work as well a greater difference between the firing of a rifle and the explosion of a grenade or shell would be more noticiable and fitting with it.

On the whole sound system, it really doesn't matter what you've got if it's a good system as it's all subjective the HS50M's are a cracking pair of studio mixing monitors but to others they may not sound so good for games (or music though i disagree on that one).