Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.55 - Patch released.

The best thing about the patch is the fact that by default, the BLUFOR US units are now equipped with M4s and M16s rather than SCARs. :yay:

Although, this isn't noted in the changelog from what I've seen.

This. ^ I'll change the folder names to % anyway. ;)

I dont see such change...all employing SCARs as usual. Checked in editor and restarted Campaign, no change.

M14 aimpoint seems aligned now, i was used to aiming to the right.

Takistani soldiers are still missing blood textures.. but many improvements to be found, great job!

Great to see the improvements moving forward! Is there an ETA for the Steam version of this update?

Echoing. Rough estimate would be much appreciated.

;1787162']Echoing. Rough estimate would be much appreciated.

Me too as I like my server up and running ASAP please

@laqueesha You are using ACE, therefore your SCARs get replaced

what does "Aircraft now project into infinity" mean?
HUD it means aircraft HUD...it is modeled like infinite range projection now instead like a 2d texture...you will notice this mostly whit camera shaking.

Wow, if they can fix the HUD paralax, maybe the holosights too? :D

Hint, hint, nudge nudge. (Haven't been able to test yet)

just noticed a few things.

No crashes, but shadows are not right, its like the light passes through the hill. You can see your own shadow, but not the shadow from the ground under you.

Also the trees and bushes flicker and change too much.

Other wise all appears good.

Wow, if they can fix the HUD paralax, maybe the holosights too? :D

Hint, hint, nudge nudge. (Haven't been able to test yet)

This :yay:

Steam is updating for me! :)

Do you have to download the entire game? Or the patch only?

Steam decided to redownload the entire Arma catalog here... :(

Just updated here...

Disk Arma 2 + Steam OA + Steam BAF...

I manually updated A2 first with the downloaded 1.08 patch, then steam kicked in... panicked me slightly since it reported it was downloading Arrowhead @ 3.4GB and, simultaneously Arrowhead Dedicated server @ 3.4GB at the same time... it DID d/l the whole 3.4GB - but only once thankfully...

BAF also completely redownloaded - about 320mb or so - then on first run BAF "unpacked and installed" itself like it was the first time...

Bit of a fuss but everything went in there completely error free - no hassles at all and reports as version 1.55.75556

Went thru the entire procedure all over again with the same setup on my little home server - bit of a fuss #2, but again - zero hassles or errors... MP seems fine on a quick random mission test...

Many thanks once again BIS for your ongoing support of the community!

B

Posted this around a bit, wondering if any of these issues are related to this patch:

Grr, keep crashing/freezing every now and again. Doesn't like alt + tab either.

Anyone found that tanks in urban situations now don't respond too well? I've driven up to enemy T-72's, only to have them sit there, ignoring me, untill I basically ram them. My friendly tanks do that to them, and vice-versa, so tanks of both sides just sit there, not firing.

Also, has anyone, when commanding a squad, had their character automatically give movement commands to the last unit they gave commands to? I.e. I order unit 4 to move, then a bit later, my character automatically orders unit 4 to move, again, but without my permission.

And the AI STILL gets stuck in 'combat' mode.

Any ideas?

- HateDread.

HUD it means aircraft HUD...it is modeled like infinite range projection now instead like a 2d texture...you will notice this mostly whit camera shaking.

Ooohhh I see...well that makes sense, can't wait to try it out.

Quick question, BAF lite comes with the previous patch yes? And the new patch is for both BAF and BAF lite since it supposedly doubles texture and sound quality right? But whenever I try to open the .exe it says "BAF not installed" ?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the upgrade was applied with 1.55 (I can actually understand the radio chatter), though the loss of the land rover kind of saddens me.

Edited by NodUnit

Oh, so the BAF voices was updated? I was starting to wonder if I've had a bad hearing condition before or something, because earlier I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

The BAF patch is for full only i think. Thats why it says it cant find your BAF EXE. BAF lite is updated by the OA only patch (as well as ARMA2).

Hmmmm after the P.1.55 is the IR-Laser beam whit using on the NVG completely "White", mistake or wanted ?

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

The BAF patch is for full only i think. Thats why it says it cant find your BAF EXE. BAF lite is updated by the OA only patch (as well as ARMA2).

Makes sense, I'm glad I can understand them now.

Oh, so the BAF voices was updated? I was starting to wonder if I've had a bad hearing condition before or something, because earlier I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

No it's not you, before they were far too muffled to be of any use whatsoever, the optics could be adjusted to but the voices were too throwing, I guess enough time has passed that they can give us an upgrade.

Hmmmm after the P.1.55 is the IR-Laser beam whit using on the NVG completely "White", mistake or wanted ?

There seem to be a number of things white, aside from the bright white when you first put on NVG's under some settings, if you pilot a helo at night with NVG's on the display actually turns white, for instance the apache's MFD's become white instead of green, actually easier to read.