Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.55 - Patch released.

I'm not insulting your grammar as I do not know what country you reside in, I was pointing out that is is difficult to understand what you are trying to say at times. I also think we are misunderstanding each other. I'm berating you on your inability to accept for the time being that extra steps will have to be taken to get decent performance out of the game till the 1.55 issues are sorted out in the upcoming patches. I'm not saying that there are no issues in 1.55, that would be a deep stage of denial that I'd be in if that was the case (as I am also having issues with the current patch), but again, I'm biding my time with alternative solutions until BIS fixes this, I don't need BIS to hold my hand tell me it's going to be okay till that happens.

It's not like they're all out with their asses buried in the snow recording fart sounds for an upcoming Abominable Snowman expansion while ignoring the current issues. And again you repeat the same thing two times in a row now so I'm not gonna bother rebutting.

Realy i just dont know what to say to you lol. So your telling me and this community BI does not need to be holding your/are hands in this matter with the patches, i realy think you dont know to much about this community and i think you need to tell the holding hand thing to all the people in this community just to see what bs talk you realy say in your post. Sounds like you got this all figured out too. BI gets realy good info from the community so you need to move on with this bad talk. Your just talking out you ass on the issue. You know what issues are in 1.55 and you even have them but you seat here and say all is good with the exThreads solution. Well that does not fix it for most of the people, patches is what is going to fix the issues. You dont need to tell me about alternative solutions i know them, yet you still got to put in that bs talk over an over. Realy if you did not get my point in the last two post i dont think you will get it at all, so ya its best to just stop this talk with you.

Edited by 1in1class

All I'm asking is you be patient instead of crying about having to enter in a small line of code while you wait.

And I thought i was bitter today.

So remember how people complained about textures disappearing in Arma 2? Well now entire villages and airfields disappear when you look the other way. Sometimes I even struggle to keep buildings and trees visible even looking directly at them.

There is a video of this on youtube, which I have had little success looking for. Does this happen to anyone else? Got a bug tracker ticket I could vote for?

All I'm asking is you be patient instead of crying about having to enter in a small line of code while you wait.

And I thought i was bitter today.

Ha, there you go again with that bs talk. Iv told you, and this is going to be the last time that i do have this talk with you! Like i said i dont think you understand this community and how we help out with issues and with the beta's to make this game to its peak and better in some ways. You say its crying, only in your terms its crying. But on the exThread= that does not work for most of the people thats why most are waiting for the patch not the DLC. As for the patients, my point in that would be that there should be an fix for the LOD's and other big issues befor the DLC is put out. Im sure you understand that. Thats it im done with this talk with you. Your always putting some way to talk bs.

Ha, there you go again with that bs talk. Iv told you, and this is going to be the last time that i do have this talk with you! Like i said i dont think you understand this community and how we help out with issues and with the beta's to make this game to its peak and better in some ways. You say its crying, only in your terms its crying. But on the exThread= that does not work for most of the people thats why most are waiting for the patch not the DLC. As for the patients, my point in that would be that there should be an fix for the LOD's and other big issues befor the DLC is put out. Im sure you understand that. Thats it im done with this talk with you. Your always putting some way to talk bs.

See I knew we were not on the same page. I know damn well the solution isn't good for everyone and I know the community goes to great strides with the devs to iron out the issues, HOWEVER, MY COMPLAINT TOWARDS YOU, THIS WHOLE TIME was that you cry about having to do a little extra for yourself while the fixes are being made (which I thought might be a patch along with the DLC but that topic you posted has enlightened me to the possibility of a later patch, thank you), whether it works or not. You complain that you shouldn't have to because of the specs on the back of the box, blah blah blah, well.....no shit, but it isn't like that right now is it. So if someone offers a possible temporary solution that's not in the form of a patch, don't cry that you shouldn't have to do that, that's just stating the obvious and gets you nowhere. I have no hot water in my house right now, and I'm not crying about having to boil it to take a bath till the gas gets turned back on.

Now I know your just gonna call all of this "bs talk" which I wish you wouldn't and at least provide a better retort rather than one of complete dismissal and then proceed to confirm half of what I just typed and then say I'm wrong (hence the confusion I'm receiving), but just know I wish yah luck and no harsh feelings in the future.

So remember how people complained about textures disappearing in Arma 2? Well now entire villages and airfields disappear when you look the other way. Sometimes I even struggle to keep buildings and trees visible even looking directly at them.

There is a video of this on youtube, which I have had little success looking for. Does this happen to anyone else? Got a bug tracker ticket I could vote for?

Maturin: I for the life of me cannot find that video either, but it was of the textures flickering I think. I noticed something ages ago with ArmA2 that I never thought twice about, sometimes when looking at the sky in a certain angle, all objects around you that's still in your field of view vanish (best seen if you are in a forest in Chernarus) I wonder if it's related in anyway.

As for a ticket, I believe this is the relevant one: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15370

Yha, its an know issue with the 1.55 patch. Here is the vid i think your talking about

its with the LOD's in the game as there are issue with the Vegetation in the new beta also here is an vid on that too
. If you go to dev-heaven.net there will be alot of tickets on 1.55 im sure you will find it.

Do you have it on steam? I know that the DLC BAF patch is all wrapped up in one with the 1.55 patch dl.

yes, steam automatically updated. But when I went to launch it, it said BAF couldn't be updated. now it is incompatible

yes, steam automatically updated. But when I went to launch it, it said BAF couldn't be updated. now it is incompatible

I realy dont know much about the steam dl for the ArmA 2 and its DLC, but there is an topic about the steam version and its issues and answers at this link http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73554&page=83 Sounds like it did not dl right. Mite have to reinstall OA to get the full update, are you able to launch OA? If so look at the bottom screen at the main menu and it should tell you what patch you got. If it says 1.55 you mite have to do the reinstall to get it working.

the game is running fine with me but everytime i try 2 launch a missile from the strella to the apache or any other helicopters flying the game freezes and hangs does anyone having this issue coz now the game is not playable at all

Reading about all this reports of problems caused by new patch I asked myself: had this patch been ever tested? Do BIS have any testers at all?

Reading about all this reports of problems caused by new patch I asked myself: had this patch been ever tested? Do BIS have any testers at all?

Lol thats an good question. In a way the community is the tester as far as the beta's go, as BI should have there teasters too you would hope. BI could of paused on the DLC and got more feed back on the last beta instead of releasing this 1.55 patch as it seemed like it was an beta itself. It really did an bad number for ArmA 2/OA. BI is realy good at patching the game up and seeing out the community's issues/bugs.

Does Steam auto-update?

Yes. If you have auto-update on. Should be in your steam setup on the game where you can change it to on or off. I gave a link to the steam thread a page back check that out for issues and stuff.