Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.55 - Patch released.

Please, a hotfix would be really appreciated, this patch bugs the gameplay more than it fixes it. :-(

I have a questions. I always play Arma2 OA without Steam because I use beta patches, and now with this new patch I open steam to download it, and now it says that I have to download 3 GB update? what is going on?

Edit: nvm :s

beta patches are w/o data fixes

these 3GB are these fixes :)

You really do want them on Your drive :cool:

I was playing dom as gunner in an apache. With my view distance at 4000m, stuff doesn't start popping into view until less than 2000.

Moving the mouse causes serious fps lag, and lods to load all over again.

viewdistance never was the same as draw distance for Objects.

With 4000 you might see terrain and landmark models like tv towers or castles up to 4000m but not other objects. Draw distance is roughly half the view distance.

Performance is worse with this patch

WTF!?????????????????

sigh

When I turn HDR quality to very high my frame rate will be like 1 to 3 and basically cant play the game guess this is a major bug

Performance is worse with this patch

WTF!?????????????????

sigh

When I turn HDR quality to very high my frame rate will be like 1 to 3 and basically cant play the game guess this is a major bug

Because HDR quality as Very High == HDRprecision=32; in arma2oa.cfg

and 32fp HDR had always such peformance hit ...

what's Your GPU and hardware overall when You expect 'no performance hit' on Very High ? :D

I reported bad performance with 1.55 at release day.

While performance is still slower compared to 74630 I came around the extreme low fps and the LOD switching.

I deleted both .cfg in the ArmA2 folder and let the game write new ones.

Added -exThreads=3 to reduce Texture swapping.

Set video memory and objects detail to very high, the rest to high except HDR quality to normal.

Resolution 1680x 1050 with 100% fill rate.

Reduced viewdistance for 400meters.

Game runs and looks good again, but is very stable, it was not very stable with 1.54.

The extreme low fps I reported in MP is more due to the crazy amount of A.I. some sever Admins use in Warfare, this lags the server when lots of towns are actice at once and also the clients, resulting in low fps.

To support the aforementioned issues with loading objects, I can also state that I too have noticed the issue. I was just playing on Shapur with just vanilla OA v1.55, and as I span around the camera in command view it was very obvious that objects were loading in far too slowly and were clearly visible doing so. I fear making a video of it won't truly represent the issue as Fraps will inevitably drag the framerate down making the issue look more visible than it is normally.

yep, clearly even not a result of bad managed harddrives, cause i just did a format C: on my pc!

Just to add to this post as my last post was in a closed thread.

After about 10 - 15 minutes on Chernarus, game freezes and I have to close from Task Manager. I am also getting severe lag that I wasn't getting with the last beta.

Buffer to small - nowhere to write the data

Specs:

Intel i7 950

Nvidia 460GTX 1GB

6GB RAM

120GB SSD

Win 7 x64

Settings:

Res: 1680 x 1050

All settings on VH

Vsync enabled

VD: 5000

Added report to DevHeaven

Edited by aeggwards1

Because HDR quality as Very High == HDRprecision=32; in arma2oa.cfg

and 32fp HDR had always such peformance hit ...

what's Your GPU and hardware overall when You expect 'no performance hit' on Very High ? :D

Of course I expect a performance hit but overall the graphics settings of mine are the same and im getting more LOD issues, Blurry textures for example and lower FPS in general.

I still got a crappy 9800gtx and my same 2.4ghz quadcore CPU

Right now im 70% blaming my hardware

30% blaming RV engine.

Ill try lowering my settings once more, any lower and the game is going to be too blurry to play.

I had bad graphic and audio problems after applying the patch. Running an AMD 6000+, 4 Gigs RAM, GTX 260 with Win 7 64 bit.

After messing with this a few times, this is what I was able to work out.

First, in game I set all video back to default. I then downloaded and installed RivaTuner to see what the card was doing. I set my speeds to faster than stock and restarted the game.

After restarting, I set all of my video card settings back to what I had originially and started playing again (MP on personal server at 1.55)

I am happy to say that game play was back to normal without deleting any game files. Give it a try; hope it works for you.

Noticed a few things changed for Arma2 units. Old Arma2 (EAST and WEST)units now have thermal signature on their faces and hands instead of all fully bright glowing white. And units will reply useful feedback such as unit side and direction last saw in text rather than the standard "I saw something". Not sure whether this was pre-1.55 but definately it's there now. Not sure whether anything else changed.

Anyone else can confirmed this?

Just to add to this post as my last post was in a closed thread.

After about 10 - 15 minutes on Chernarus, game freezes and I have to close from Task Manager. I am also getting severe lag that I wasn't getting with the last beta.

Check and report at the CIT ticket http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15062.

Things that might help out, is to reduce the VD and lower Object Detail.

i probably missed it but will this patch arma2 to latest version or do i need to do that separately?.

Thanks

Weird contents of the readme (ARMA2OA_Patch_1_55_readme.txt), though. Note how it says 1.07 and 1.54:

<snip>

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.50-1.52 to 1.54

--------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2010 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

-------------------

An original version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.50-1.53.

HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH

-------------------------

- Run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically.

- NOTE: This patch will also update your ARMA 2 1.05 to 1.07 and ARMA 2 BAF 1.00 to 1.01 if necessary.

========================================================

VERSION 1.55 HIGHLIGHTS

========================================================

* Numerous stability and functionality fixes and improvements

</snip>

Noticed a few things changed for Arma2 units. Old Arma2 (EAST and WEST) units now have thermal signature on their faces and hands instead of all fully bright glowing white.

Are you sure you tested with correct units? I tried to verify this but it looks the same as before, i.e only OA content have thermal signature on their faces etc.

A2OA_155_TWI_01.jpg

Sreenshot shows A2 Russians and OA Takistan Militia on Utes.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I think the units you refer to are ARMA2 units if so then they have not got the thermal image skins like the OA ones.

All we can hope for is when BIS get a few min ;) they will al lso update the ARMA2 units to be like the OA ones in that respect.

He said hands and faces. That screen KeyCat is probably too far away to see that. When you zoom out enough all goes compltetely white. No matter if its OA or not.

Are you sure you tested with correct units? I tried to verify this but it looks the same as before, i.e only OA content have thermal signature on their faces etc.

Sreenshot shows A2 Russians and OA Takistan Militia on Utes.

/KC

Try stand really near the Arma2 units. The faces and hands have thermal signature. Not on the clothing or looking from afar.

Edited by Muahaha

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Try stand really near the Arma2 units. The faces and hands have thermal signature. Not on the clothing or looking from afar.

Copy that, gonna test again, probably my bad :)

A2OA_155_TWI_02.jpg

After getting closer (and paying a little more attention) I see what you mean, not a drastic change but nonetheless a good one!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

This may be my error, but I would appreciate any advice from you guys. Since installing latest patches; Arma2 to 1.08, OA to 1.55 and BAF to 1.01 I can't select Squad Leader on some co-op servers. Is it me, a patch problem or the way the servers have been set up? Many thanks chaps. A2 and OA on disk btw and BAF off Sprocket. System W7 Home 64 bit, GPU GTX 460, 4Gig RAM and Intel Dual Core Q6600 @2.4GHz

Edited by pipscouse

Gots an question about going back to the last patch. I know the new patch updated all three ArmA 2 OA and BAF, so how would i go about going back to the last patch of OA with out it making problems on any of the ArmA2 or BAF? Would i just install the last patch befor the new one came out? Or would that cause issue for ArmA 2 and BAF or any of them?

Also if i do an system restor would that help on putting back the 1.54 patch and some of the addons files i deleted?

Edited by 1in1class