Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

@Buckster: Your discount is that you get to use all your previous Arma2 content in OA. Those who buy OA without having Arma2 will obviously be "stuck" with only OA content. Seriously, what else do you need? Cheaper? Check once more on that price tag. Consider the (potential) hours (years) you'll get compared to most other games, then check price again. So in some ways I have to agree with That guy - "get informed".

was looking forward to this release as an Arma (all varients) fan - but a bit disappointed to read its a standalone addon and not an expansion - so those of us that are already Arma 2 owners - get no discount whatsover ?

do we assume Arma 2 original will still be supported with regards to patches ?

Well, I'd rather have this than some cheaper garbage like Queen's Gambit for ArmA1.

where encounter to the British (jackal,unit,etc..) ,mercenary's. but they were in the OA videos.

Edited by Minimalaco

Brits and mercenaries were not confirmed to be in first release, the'll probably be released as a DLC/patch content.

IMPORTANT PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can i locate all the classnames for the weapons etc!!!!!

my best guess is in the Addons folder and then the Weapons.PBO but how do i open it because cpbo doesn't work!

i was hoping to make a complete list for all the items in operation arrowhead!

Isn´t this topic redundant now?

Any chance of changing the HUD color in Combinet Operations? Chernarus and the sandly yellow dont work well together.

While waiting for my Sprocket activation, I was having a look in the directory and I found I now have two Battle Eye folders. One in the ArmA 2 root folder and one in the expansion/addons folder. Do I need to have both in there or should I remove one?

So annoying, the biggest Danish online store for games is claiming July 2nd is the official date etc etc. I pressured him a bit and told him about 29th being global release, he said he'd look into it =/ Hope I don't have to wait.

I have downloaded OA from Sprocket. When I try to install it, it says there's an error with the 1.07 patch, or something.

I also got that the first time when it tried to install automatically straight after the download was done but I just cancelled and installed manually.

I have downloaded OA from Sprocket. When I try to install it, it says there's an error with the 1.07 patch, or something.

Try it once more.

i install arma 2 AO in an another directory and after i cut and paste in my arma 2 directory

omg, page 666!!!!

lol sorry i had to. :)

Guys will OA have its own section in the forums?

I ordered my copy from Play.com so hoping it'll get sent tomorrow as they have the release date for 29.6.10

I ordered my copy from Play.com so hoping it'll get sent tomorrow as they have the release date for 29.6.10

Some moderator said this current forum will be renamed to fit Combined Operations.

Use the Search function before you ask a question. In this case, it was answered on the page before.

There won't be a separate forum or sub forums, ArmA2 forums will become ArmA2/OA forums. Renaming will be done in the week.
Edited by Zipper5

A question to them lucky ones that already play the OA: when installing in addition to an existing ArmA2 installation, will the player profiles (incl. keyboard/audio/video/... setup) be used/imported from ArmA2 or has a new one to be created?

As it is still "just" an Expansion, I'd imagine so, but as it took me quite a while to get to my current setup it would still be interesting to know...