Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

My game keeps crashing after some minutes with the error message "ArmA2OA.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". :( I don't understand, ArmA2 runs fine, and even with the administrator rights it crashes every time.

I have the same kind of bug with a fresh sprocket instal. On solo it run quite well but on multi I have CTD after CTD every 5min or so.

Edited by Krogort

Yay! My copy from Aamzon should be here tomorrow.

Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday SEALVI. Happy birthday to me.

Despite some performance issues I'd like to mention the game is rock solid. No crashes or hiccups whatsoever even though I'm trying to crush it at the moment running a ton of apps at the same time and loading in a billion units and the town modules.

Just checked with LaaTiDo: Largeaddressaware is not currently enabled on the OA .exe, but it can easily be altered to be so with no apparent ill effects.

Seems this is based on a similar beta build to the one that was circulating for Arma2 when OA went gold.

Note: I've scanned this file for viruses, and changing it to LAA is a single-click operation. However, you do this at your own risk.

http://www.4shared.com/file/-2fB1A0O/LaatiDo.html

Seems I get some mileage from manually setting -Exthreads=7 in my command line, too. Possible it isn't set by default, unlike A2 1.07.

Edited by Richey79

ya, iirc arma2 beta builds got a heap of performance improvements AFTER OA went gold...

Is there a list somewhere that posts which vehicles have fully modeled interiors, which have partial, and which have none?

Word on the street is that the Enfield isn't animated, no bolt cycle action, it's essentially a brown stick.

Is this true? Any plans on updating this? Yeah I know everyone else just cares about Nukes and NVGs and FLIRs and all that, but I don't. I don't use gear. I just want my bolt, that's it.

Honestly the only reason I'm buying Arrowhead is that it is THE ONLY game since Mare Nostrum (which you haven't heard of) that has an Enfield.

Also Dwarden is known to play RO, what's going on, how could an objection to this go missing?

bolt action rifles never had an appropriate animation in any BIS game, as far as i remember. the M40 and M24 in ArmA 2 don't. i don't know why.

Is there a list somewhere that posts which vehicles have fully modeled interiors, which have partial, and which have none?

Almost all of the armor don't have interiors except for the Bradley and Linebacker. Other new vehicles such as the BTR's and other wheeled vehicles all have modeled interiors.

Yay! My copy from Aamzon should be here tomorrow.

Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday SEALVI. Happy birthday to me.

My copy should be here on the 2nd of 7th.

Happy birthday SEALVI.:)

Hello !

anyone have the OA object class library ? (classnames)

I want to update VTS

Edited by gonza

Hello

Just a quick question, one that really bothered me , in OA are your squadmates able to retreat? so during a ambush, you can destroy the supply trucks and then move off before the armour arrives??

BIS i like you. I got a full price game for 23 bucks with a detailed key chart and an even more detailed manual with sixty pages... You don't see that very often even for full price games...

OA wtf :)

Hello

Just a quick question, one that really bothered me , in OA are your squadmates able to retreat? so during a ambush, you can destroy the supply trucks and then move off before the armour arrives??

How is that going to be any different in OA? All you have to do is give cease fire order and then leave the area...

I'm really dissapointed with the state of teh scud. They just left it like in OFP. I was hoping you could click to a spot on the map and launch it so it would actually blow something up. :(

I'm really dissapointed with the state of teh scud. They just left it like in OFP. I was hoping you could click to a spot on the map and launch it so it would actually blow something up. :(

Totally scriptable. ;)

What's the big deal? It's easily moddable, hell I bet there's a mod out there RIGHT NOW that fixes that problem.

Now to the bigger point- OFP/ARMA etc have always been a mod/addon/community based game, and always will be- BIS knows that, we know that, and the second it stops being that way is the moment that this series dies.

That would be classified as a "better done with mods" feature.

That would be classified as a "better done with mods" feature.

Yes, yes I expected such a response from everyone. :D

I'm just saying if its so easy to do why wouldn't they take the short time to make it come into the game.

Other than that I have loved every part of Arrowhead, near flawless game. :bounce3: