Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Comment from Machinima's posted OA Night Ops vid:

This looks so shite. The graphics are nothing special, the game looks clunky and basic. Why would you want to play a game constantly in night vision? Bright visuals are engaging in a game.

Game looks shite? Wrong... I won't go to detail but he is wrong.

Game looks clunky and basic? In what way? :j:

Constantly in night vision?

facepalm.jpg

this user fails so much on that comment... He has done none research on a game, and says its shite just by one night ops trailer.. Gawd just dont understand these people :(

I see only camera shaking like in SLX mod ,but not the old arma1 kickback

OAH Build is 1.51.71083.

Wait for the next patch :D

Comment from Machinima's posted OA Night Ops vid:

This looks so shite. The graphics are nothing special, the game looks clunky and basic. Why would you want to play a game constantly in night vision? Bright visuals are engaging in a game.

Game looks clunky and basic? In what way? :j:

Constantly in night vision?

this user fails so much on that comment... He has done none research on a game, and says its shite just by one night ops trailer.. Gawd just dont understand these people :(

It's a YouTube comment. I rate those somewhere between OFP DR and Lindsay Lohan on the scale of stuff I give jack shit about.

^this. :D

The only thing I get out of YouTube comments is entertainment. Gives us a true look at how retarded most users of the internet are. :p

The most retarded guys are at youtube or facebook every 24h

Don't take too seriously what they saying

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/article/2/7/5/25275.jpg?v=1

Taken from the Medal of Honor 2010 beta forum.

Thank goodness A2 actually has an identifiable visual style of its own. Just the same as with in-game sounds (loudness war etc.), a particular visual style has become the norm. Anything that deviates from that norm, even if it looks more like the real world, isn't what we expect to see and begins to look out of place.

Oh wow..you're right..well that just backs my belief that modern war games may look pretty but they have no soul.

On subject of art style does anyone else thing OA looks more realistic with the softer lighting?

It's a YouTube comment. I rate those somewhere between OFP DR and Lindsay Lohan on the scale of stuff I give jack shit about.

I'll quote that in my sig if you dont mind.

That screen shake is epic. So much better than RPGs in ArmA 2.

Is the international release date 29th or just the US? Because a few local shops in Denmark are reporting 2nd of July, is that right?

fuck BC2 and MW2. they are for kids :)

that's why they're rated PEGI 16/18, amirite?

enjoy your one game in 4 years, then. me, i like diversity and play a lot of other stuff. i find the BF series the most enjoyable online. i like the SP in ArmA 2.

Is the international release date 29th or just the US? Because a few local shops in Denmark are reporting 2nd of July, is that right?

US and German speaking europe, where it's already in stores as of yesterday. no idea why some European countries would have it delayed.

It's still down as 29th on play.com UK on my pre ordered copy :)

US and German speaking europe, where it's already in stores as of yesterday. no idea why some European countries would have it delayed.

I'm in the Middle East and I'm getting OA on the 29th... Through Sprocket. :p

That recoil screen shake effect looks a lot like the one in Solus' SLX mod; which is a good thing. ;)

WTF

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REzFUNTs024&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REzFUNTs024&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

WTF

[YOUUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REzFUNTs024&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REzFUNTs024&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Is this a question? The video is good and represents new content in OA, Great music :-D

Edited by Placebo

It's also an "old" video too. Rommel made it.

New video from fogu

Is it me or did I just hear a Briton trying to do a Texas accent at 0:13? :eek:

WTF

It ain't me, it ain't me!

just found it, rly nice effect

When was this video recorded; the AK firing sounds are identical to those of that in the vanilla ArmA II.

Edited by Laqueesha

Rommel's Huey tribute video is not old. He made it yesterday, using pre-release version of Operation Arrowhead.

For the Germans:

the rumors of MM and Saturn already selling OA is true ._.

Too bad today is such a good weather...but cant enjoy it :D

Damn you Germans and getting BIS' games early. :(