Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Hi all,

Probably a stupid question and I don´t know if this has been answered before...but...

Will VAC profiles made for ArmaII still work in ArmaII:OA?

Well, as I said, stupid question.

Thanks

VAC?

What has ArmA 2 OA to do with Valve Anti Cheat?

Afaik that's a different VAC, Voice Activated Control or something.

The profiles should work as long as the commanding system of OA didn't change/rearrange entries.

Is OA the same as ArmA II but without singleplayer campaign? Do I have to buy ArmA II as well to play with others in online?

Voice Activated Control

The profiles should work as long as the commanding system of OA didn't change/rearrange entries.

That´s exactly what I meant, sorry about the confusion.

Thanks Cole.

Is OA the same as ArmA II but without singleplayer campaign? Do I have to buy ArmA II as well to play with others in online?

facepalm1.jpg

OA is standalone. Comes with it's own new content, new campaign, units engine upgrdes/optimizations, maps and new features. If someone has ArmA2 only you can't play with them, but if someone has both or OA only you can play with them unless the person with both starts a mission using content from ArmA2.

Im proud owner of OA since 2 days now and i really enjoy it so far!

The new FLIR is just great and the improvments with the AI Chatter are also a good thing. Im trough all scenarios now and all are good fun. Just have Arma 2 should have been, simple and a bit more OPF like.

Now there are some things which i really hope are fixed in the upcoming OA Patch. These are:

-PBO´s

You cant open Addon Folders with the good old PBO Viewer.

-Object Compositions

I had a look in the 3D Editor for them, since their great for mission makers-couldnt find any.

-3D Editor

Currently there are only the Vanilla Arma2 Factions availible, no Takis, no Us Army...ive seen the Sig "3d editor is for girls" here, but why...just making a lot more easier, while theres the same options for script and stuff. Would be great if we see at least a fully working Converter for the beidi files in near future.

-The big Map, not Takistan, Za........ has not the best performance so far, specially if you place the Civilan Module. Maybe its cause they act more real in some ways now, but i hope for some improvments there.

Did BIS mentioned anything reagarding the OA Releasepatch yet. Is there are changelog allready?

At all i can recommend everyone to buy Operation Arrowhead, its definitly worth it and im looking forward to many many hours of edting and playing :)

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Okay, now that some here actually have the game maybe someone can finally answer me this -

Are there any improvements with saving COOP missions in OA? Can we save at any point we want when playing the campaign in COOP mode? Will playing COOP saves be smoother and bug free?

Okay, now that some here actually have the game maybe someone can finally answer me this -

Are there any improvements with saving COOP missions in OA? Can we save at any point we want when playing the campaign in COOP mode? Will playing COOP saves be smoother and bug free?

Those who have it can't play MP yet it would seem.

Those who have it can't play MP yet it would seem.

Hope it doesnt have the connection issues when arma II was released where you couldnt connect.. is this whats happening or some other issue resulting in no mp yet? Anyone have screen shots of the server browser? wonder if its the same or is more user friendly.

It's not connection issues, no one can connect to servers until they are unlocked tomorrow. I don't recall ever having connection issues when Arma 2 was first released? The server browser is mostly the same from what we've seen so far, with the main change being that there's now a window which displays what mods the server is running. It was always pretty damn user friendly.

T Minus 3hrs 50 mins..tick, tock, tick, tock. All systems are go for launch 8)-

T Minus 3hrs 50 mins..tick, tock, tick, tock. All systems are go for launch 8)-

Isn't it 2 hours?

I'm in GMT+1, and it would be released at midnight in a GMT+2 zone.

It's 21:13 here, that would mean 1 hour and 48 minutes (23:01) to go, or am I wrong?

Uh, I believe it's actually T minus 2 hours and 50 minutes.

PacX was faster.

Never mind, the time remaining should still be 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Edited by Zipper5

Why does Steam say it unlocks in 22 hours for me.I would like to start downloading after midnight tonite but instead have to wait till noon tomorrow.

Not really sure on the time zone differnece between central US an Central EU time was goin off what the guy from Canada posted but was off an hr, either way I hope your right, both of ya :bounce3: Just curious as to who's bringing the beers for the launch party:j:

Why does Steam say it unlocks in 22 hours for me.I would like to start downloading after midnight tonite but instead have to wait till noon tomorrow.

Because the rest of the world hates us... :o

So If I buy this from Sproket, I can play it in a couple of hours after DL? I'm in Texas by the way.

So If I buy this from Sproket, I can play it in a couple of hours after DL? I'm in Texas by the way.

Yes, in 2 hours 20 minutes you can play :)

Thanks! I'm buying it from Sproket now:yay:

Not really sure on the time zone differnece between central US an Central EU time was goin off what the guy from Canada posted but was off an hr, either way I hope your right, both of ya :bounce3: Just curious as to who's bringing the beers for the launch party:j:

I was posting about eastern time zone... and I was correct in saying 6:01PM here. (Notice my location is Ontario, Canada meaning I'm 90% most likely in EST/EDT).

cesttotoronto.png