Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Is there an ACE mod suggestion thread or something?..

Ah well, I just want to suggest Mi-28 "Havoc" gunships for the Russians. I play Warfare BE a lot and the Russian/Opfor side sure needs more toys.

EDIT: And... I'd also like the F-117A in ACE too.

Edited by -=Grunt=-

Mission makers still have a lot of flexibility, if you ask me.

Edited by tcp

Awww, the latest updates to some logr files in the updater broke my good old launcher, got to update :(

tnks for the update guys !

Edit:

And maby we must stop with saying :

Add this mod to ace

Add this mod to ace

Add this mod to ace

I think they are going to be cracy with you all guys ..

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sneaker-78-

IMO they should give mission makers the options, rather than eliminating one option if you choose another. I love hiking and backpacking, Red River Gorge in Kentucky is one of my favorite places to visit (I live only an hour away ^_^) but walking 3 miles in a video game is just boring. You can never have a truly "realistic" game, only one with some simulated realism, and I personally play games to be entertained, not re live something I do in the world. Don't get me wrong, I love Arma2 for its realistic military simulation, but its still a game in the end.

But thats just my .02 cents.

Stamina system is a core feature of the mod.

And just to prevent more comments about stamina in ACE2:

If you don't like, don't use. No other advice can be given here.

If you cannot adapt to ACE2, learn how to adapt.

If you are unwilling to learn, stay away from ACE2. Probably ACE2 isn't the right mod for you to use.

I recommend you use a vehicle in your mission instead of the backpack, and fill that with your extra gear.

Can someone PLEASE help me. I've posted several times and no one has even responded to me.

What am I doing wrong!?!?

My ACE Mod is totally bugged.

Ever since the first time I installed it with the help of Dead3yez, it hasn't worked properly. Almost no features work.

I've tried reinstalling ACE2 twice. I even tried reinstalling the Six Updater to see if it was a flawed version. But still NO!

What the hell am I doing wrong!?

This is how I've been installing it:

-Press 1 in the Six Updater

-Web client loads

-Press Configuration, then press Synchronize.

-Go to Presets and add @ACE @ACEX @CBA etc etc. Then press Update (There was already a slot there called A.C.E Mod Vanilla with all parts of the ACE Mod in it, I've tried using that one and the normal Vanilla one)

-Click main, then choose the preset you'd like to install or update

-Click Execute

-Installs...

Then it still doesn't work properly.

ACEX works fine. Thats what is confusing me. Why does ACEX work fine but ACE doesnt!!??

PLEASE tell me is there anything I'm doing wrong or a step I'm missing.

Please, I will appreciate any help I get. I really wanna figure out why the ACE Mod isn't working for me! The main thing that's bothering me is its causing alot of problems in my game that are easy to notice, for example; Nothing catches on fire even after it explodes. Nothing...Also nothing catches on fire or burns. Another big issue is many times, tanks don't explode now, not even when hit with a Javelin or Metis. Sometimes they will but only after enough time for the crew members to jump out and run to safety. I feel like a Javelin should inflict extreme damage on a tank, leaving no survivors.

Theres other thing but I cant remember them right now.

Please help!!

Edited by Enad

Sounds like you are still starting the normal ArmA 2, without ACE. You have to put all the mods in the shortcut you use to start the game. When you start the game, do you see the ACE loading screen?

Yes. I got the shortcut fine...I see the ACE Logo and the ver. number in the bottom. All ACEX,ACEX_SM and ACEX_PLA Features work, but the core @ACE Mod doesn't work!

Please help!

Sounds like you are still starting the normal ArmA 2, without ACE. You have to put all the mods in the shortcut you use to start the game. When you start the game, do you see the ACE loading screen?

This shortcut is automatically created in your Arma2 mainfolder at each ACE2 installation/update, it is named :Play ArmA2 with @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA + by reading your post it seems your Six Upd. is not the latest version. Here is the link : http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

Edited by jibemorel

Yes. I got the shortcut fine...I see the ACE Logo and the ver. number in the bottom. All ACEX,ACEX_SM and ACEX_PLA Features work, but the core @ACE Mod doesn't work!

Please help!

Exactly what features is it that doesn't work? That the crew can sometimes get out of a vehicle that's been hit is normal, I think. And I'm also pretty sure that not every vehicle always catches fire when hit.

I just downloaded the Six Updater yesterday...Is that not the newest version.

And my Shortcut its correct! I have all those codes in the Target line. Im not an idiot, I've been playing ArmA 1 since it came out.

And its EVERY vehicle. Not some. Not one vehicle catches on fire OR smokes after being destroyed. I've asked others and seen videos. Most vehicles do burn and smoke after exploding, especially tanks. Its also annoying when 4 satchel charges only disable a tanks treads...:(

There are too many features that dont work so I will list the ones that do..

While reading the ACE2 Features list. These are the ones that work:

-AI Improvements?? Im not sure its hard to notice. They seem the same though.

-Attachments. Pretty sure.

-Blood Trails

-Grenades. I have them but they don't work like they should..And the Throw Type doesnt work since NONE of the key bindings work.

-Radio Silence- Override that because I didn't like it.

-Sandbags

-Shotgun Ammo

Thats it.

The thing thats confusing me the most is why the hell does all parts of ACEX work but the core ACE Mod doesn't work!? Why!?

It would probably help if a dev saw my post...

Am I doing anything wrong in the installation process or what!?

Edited by Enad

I have a request. Could you guys change the aimpoint and eotech reticle dots to be about 5-10x smaller.

These optics are supposed to ENHANCE combat effectiveness, not be a detriment to whoever uses it.

If anyone has ever played America's Army 3 with the aimpoint, THAT is how big the dot in the aimpoint should be. It shouldn't completely cover your target at 100m. It should be tiny to allow for long range(~300+m) shooting.

3699676962_876cf7c6a1.jpg

This is about how big the dot should be.

The thing thats confusing me the most is why the hell does all parts of ACEX work but the core ACE Mod doesn't work!? Why!?

It would probably help if a dev saw my post...

Am I doing anything wrong in the installation process or what!?

You have the latest version of the updater, but have you tried removing and installing ACE again? If you still have problems after that, you should report it as a bug at Dev-Heaven.

by the luck of the draw, I happened to see your post. It must have been said 100 times now, to put feedback or bug reports over at dev-heaven.net

My @ACE\addons folder is 88 Mo big and contain 234 files.

I suggest you go in your Arma2\@ACE\userconfig folder and then copy, paste and replace the 4 config files inside your Arma2\userconfig\ACE to see what's going on.

by the luck of the draw, I happened to see your post. It must have been said 100 times now, to put feedback or bug reports over at dev-heaven.net

Maybe you should update the link in your sig then ;):D

i dont like the idea of being able to disable the stamina and then not be able to be able to use the backpack system, what is the point in that :/

MacScottie: This has been discussed and there is a reason to why its not smaller. If its made smaller in ARMA2 you barely see it.

ACE Team: Thanks for yet another update. :)

I've tested myself with pack and carry IRL...and failed miserably

1 fully...overloaded MOLLE 2 pack ,1 M4 in hand ,and 1 Polytech AK full size slung on my back. Ammo (7 mags for M4), (2 75rnd drums ,4 30rnd mags for AK)...and other assorted pcs...probably worthless kit :rolleyes: Not a realistic load out by any means ,but I do that ingame allot. Need a proper scale to weigh it all. :(

There would be noway I could even do half of what an encumbered game character can still do. Once I hit the ground I doubt I could get up again. Where in game I can still pop back up and fight on. So even with the down side of stamina in game, it's still a videogame. So I won't knock the stamina system to much ;)

It seems Bikes still show up as targeted vehicles by distant enemies ,so vehicles are kinda a mixed bag to get around stamina.

One thing I do is find a safe place drop kit, then take the basics in to a fight, come back to kit as needed.

I will say this, the stamina system makes me play this game differently than I normally would. When it comes to multi player I wont play the way admins want people to play. Teamwork and slow pace walks to a target = death.

So I flank and lonewolf as much as possible.....and leave teammates to die when their teams get mowed down by enemy troops/tanks they didn't have the stamina outrun......Yeah, Ima bastard :p

i dont like the idea of being able to disable the stamina and then not be able to be able to use the backpack system, what is the point in that :/

I think that Ace2 devs dont want their mod making Supermen capable of carrying huge loadouts for infinite distance.

Teamwork and slow pace walks to a target = death.

So I flank and lonewolf as much as possible.....and leave teammates to die when their teams get mowed down by enemy troops/tanks they didn't have the stamina outrun......Yeah, Ima bastard

Thanks for telling us. I'll remember your nick and stay clear of wherever you play. :D

-Ziggy-;1543525']I think that Ace2 devs dont want their mod making Supermen capable of carrying huge loadouts for infinite distance.

yes but isn't that up to the mission editor in the first place.

Thanks for telling us. I'll remember your nick and stay clear of wherever you play. :D

Hehe, why would I use my game name here ;)

Just remember, I'll fix ya up when the enemy stops trying to kill me... just wait a lil longer, oh yeah, and the check is in the mail... :p

How are those 416's coming? any updates?

---------------------------------------------------------------

@ALL LOVERS OF THE ACE MOD

I have a 'Issue' ticketed about tweeking the sounds of M16A4, M4, M249, M240, to be closer to these below. Check out these sounds and I need your vote so go here and vote if you agree.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8039

Great example of M16A4 sound

Great example of M249 sound

Great example of M240 sound