Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

That's true Banderas. The problem is affected by the hitpoint LOD in the model itself along with the firegeometry LOD. The Abrams hitpoint LOD is quite detailed on that so it might be better balanced to the turret front. So far we couldn't have a look into the T-90 model nor the T-72 model without proper MLODs to change anything.

As pointed out: We're working on a better solution for that. Stay tuned. ;)

OK, I just thought it's an ACE related thing, because in vanilla I didn't have that. I know you are working on things like crazy (thanks for the M1028 ammo in the Abrams ;)), and I don't want to harass you, I just needed to confirm for myself you know about it. At least I thought better post here first than making another unnecessary ticket on dev-heaven.

I don't think the AI is effected by stamina, pretty sure about that. Sometimes I load em up like pack mules just for kicks, especially if it's the Army. ;)

That's my observation, too, but would love to get some confirmation from ACE guys.

If there isn't the same stamina issues for AI, or something analogous, I think the better course is to have it default off, but an option for people who are doing PvP.

ah ok thanks Manzilla, also has anyone tried using the spotting scope yet, do you get CDT when you look thought the sight?

ah ok thanks Manzilla, also has anyone tried using the spotting scope yet, do you get CDT when you look thought the sight?

Haven't tried it, not even sure which scope that is. I just got back from out of town.

ok if you do get to try it you will have to add it "this addweaponcargo ["ACE_Spottingscope",1]" thanks

I never quite understood this problem with the userconfigs... I thought once the team packages the file it gets distributed as it is packed, no ifs and or butts :o about it... Is it a mistake and no one fixed it?

wel im glad the ACE team releases the updates like this,

not everybody is using the same keyboard layout.

and so "i" am glad i can alter the keys to my needs.

its no mistake, its just to let u change keys needed for ACE controls.

open up the userconfigs with notepad, if u read carefully u will see how wonderfull it works....

ok if you do get to try it you will have to add it "this addweaponcargo ["ACE_Spottingscope",1]" thanks

I'll check it out. Thanks!

wel im glad the ACE team releases the updates like this,

not everybody is using the same keyboard layout.

and so "i" am glad i can alter the keys to my needs.

its no mistake, its just to let u change keys needed for ACE controls.

open up the userconfigs with notepad, if u read carefully u will see how wonderfull it works....

No doubt, it's a fantastic way to allow users to customize.

EDIT

panthersfan,

It worked just fine for me. I place it on the ground, enter as gunner and no CTD. Does it happen everytime?

Edited by Manzilla

OK also there's wire cutters as well, which i guess is to cut fences? any idea how cause i tried it and no luck? this addweapon "ACE_wirecutter"

this is to the ACE MOD Team i would like to thank you for making the spotting scope as i was already in the process of making one but falling behind cause i messed the UV maps up

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/Pic4.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/pic3.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/Pic2.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/Pic1.jpg

so you saved me a lot of hassle

I haven't been able to get the wirecutters to work. I tried to walk up to a fence but nothing happens. I had it selected via f key but it wouldn't come down. I'm thinking I need to kneel next time. Can't remember if I tried that.

lol just figured the wire cutters, use it with the action menu "cut wire" wait for the time bar in top left to complete and the fence falls down, dont move away while the action is going on else it will cancel the action!

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

-Ziggy-;1542213']look for the action menu when you approach a fence with the cutters ;)

thanks sorry missed tht post!

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Any one had any luck with the spotting scope yet?:)

I placed the spotting scope but saw no action option to use it.

The addition of RAVEN's lift module was great. The extra features on it like emergency drop plus having to exit the helo to add new ones after the E-drop is supah! :) Only the lines where white to me. No textures i think?

The Wirecutters can be added "to back" and thus they dont mess the main weapon slot image. And when you click "in hands" you will actually see it. But ofcourse it takes some extra time to do this operation compared to cycle with "F". But at least it works, and its friggin supah again. :)

The addition of RAVEN's lift module was great. The extra features on it like emergency drop plus having to exit the helo to add new ones after the E-drop is supah! :) Only the lines where white to me. No textures i think?

Thats only for some ropes\slings.

For small objects like ammo crates they are white. For a HMMWV, its ok.

Some text in the hint box while using RAVEN's are cutted, can´t read the whole phrase. Going to add a ticket ASAP if there is none.

ok try going prone and get behind the sight, go on action menu "get in spotting scope as gunner" tht where it CDT for me any way

Can everyone vote this issue, even though its already on Urgent!!

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6738

Ive seen this on more than just our server also!! happens on others too, once the players get to about 30+ you get about 20/30min of game play before the server collapses and everyone looses connection. So please everyone vote it!

Did you look at it like an ammo crate? There should be an option to enter as gunner or pick up scope.

Did you look at it like an ammo crate? There should be an option to enter as gunner or pick up scope.

Actually I was playing as a spotter and it was a default piece. I could place it and pick it up but I didn't see the gunner option. I was on top of a hotel though, maybe there was a placement error.

Thats only for some ropes\slings.

For small objects like ammo crates they are white. For a HMMWV, its ok.

Some text in the hint box while using RAVEN's are cutted, can´t read the whole phrase. Going to add a ticket ASAP if there is none.

Oh ok. The module on its own have black wires/lines/ropes (whatever you call em). And they are black when they hang loose in ACE, but when attaching (a vehicle in my case) the lines went all white. The standalone (first version) i tested even had the silver (metal) parts like rings wich the wires/lines are hooked to. I think in ACE its probably messed up a bit.

Tested with UH1 and MH60.

EDIT: Understood your text now mate... Yeah ticket would be good. I have a bunch of small things i want to ticket, but its not so easy to do many in one go since tickets needs a certain structure.

Edited by Alex72

im going to add a tickets about the spotting scope any one else having problem let me know and i add it to the ticket i do it in like 10-15 min or so if theres no solution:)

ok try going prone and get behind the sight, go on action menu "get in spotting scope as gunner" tht where it CDT for me any way

Worked fine for me. No CTD.

Oh ok. The module on its own have black wires/lines/ropes (whatever you call em). And they are black when they hang loose in ACE, but when attaching (a vehicle in my case) the lines went all white. The standalone (first version) i tested even had the silver (metal) parts like rings wich the wires/lines are hooked to. I think in ACE its probably messed up a bit.

Tested with UH1 and MH60.

But its there: http://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma22010011122245414.jpg

Anyway, its a minor issue, and will be fixed in no time.

I liked that so much, and there is some more improvments in the way! :bounce3:

Looking forward to:

Mi-24 cargo doors are beign opened and closed when troops are embarking or disembarking. Will get useful when more vehicles get doors.

Thanks ACE Devs and modders that donate their work to make this one of the most complete mods out there.

Worked fine for me. No CTD.

ok thanks tht good to know :) ok cancel last, not going to send ticket

Smurfbr: Anyway, its a minor issue, and will be fixed in no time.

Yep for sure. No problems here. Just mentioned it. :) Cool image haha.