Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

@Panthersfan.

I am getting the same issue as you with the spotting scope.

I just created a quick mission on Utes with just me and a crate with the scope in it. I took scope from the crate, fine, placed the scope, fine, got into scope as gunner, black screen, alt-tab out of arma error messsage on desktop saying arma 2 has stopped working. Had to ctl-alt-del and stope the Arma.exe.

So it seems you are not alone with this problem.

I am running in Win7 Ultimate 32bit BTW (if it makes any difference)

SD

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

@ TheBlessedPig

Use this in the exec field

this addweapon "ACE_wirecutter" (to add to player)

or

this addweaponcargo ["ACE_wirecutter",1] (to put it in an ammo crate)

The thing to remember is that if you equip the wire cutters it will replace the main weapon, but you can put the cutters on your back in the gear arming screen

SD

Edited by Soupdragon
spelling

But its there: http://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma22010011122245414.jpg

Anyway, its a minor issue, and will be fixed in no time.

I liked that so much, and there is some more improvments in the way! :bounce3:

Looking forward to:

Thanks ACE Devs and modders that donate their work to make this one of the most complete mods out there.

Send that to the fansites for SOTW(shoot of the week). Wicked S&%$ bud!

@Panthersfan.

I just created a quick mission on Utes with just me and a crate with the scope in it. I took scope from the crate, fine, placed the scope, fine, got into scope as gunner, black screen, alt-tab out of arma error messsage on desktop saying arma 2 has stopped working. Had to ctl-alt-del and stope the Arma.exe.

SD

ok i posted ticket go vote for it :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8031

I'll give the ACE team about 5 minutes before that one gets closed for being a duplicate ticket. Probably best to search a little next time. :p

@Panthersfan.

SD

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8031

Odd stuff. I just can't seem to get the crash. Do you have any other Mods/AddOns running? I wonder if that could have anything to do with it. Although I play with a ton running so it would be unusual.

Edited by Manzilla

i get the same as well, you think it a vista thing, i get loads of CDT with arma mostly while on MP

I just went to update a pc with the latest mod versions and Six updater updated itself (says launcher 0.2.2 at the top of the 1st dos box) but now its doing that thing again where the 2nd dos box only opens for a second then closes after choosing "2" to update.

During the "Six updater" update it asked me if I wanted to uninstall a Gem, or some thing, I chose Yes. Is that what we are supposed to do?

This, second Dos box not staying open for Mod updates, was fixed previously by copying /chcp.com to "Six_Updater/Tools/Ruby/Bin/" and naming it chcp.exe. I checked and that file is still there...so now what?

Thanks for any help.

[...](says launcher 0.2.2 at the top of the 1st dos box)[...]

current version is 0.5.2, time for an update ;)

I thought six updater updated itself? So everyone now has to uninstall Six updater and get the new version?

If I uninstall Six updater and install a new version wont I have to go through loads of setup/config that I cant remember how to do now?

Can I just install it over the last version? will it keep my settings?

Is there one place where this info is easily available, I try to keep up but some times the info for this mod (new procedures/ways of doing things/software) seems like its hidden, I go round in circles trying to find stuff on the help pages.

thanks again for any answers:)

what crate have the spotting scope and wire cutter? or how to add those items to a crate?

Just a question... is it intended that after activating the the vector 21 nite display and triggering the laser, the game zooms out to external view for a second and zooms back in? After that, the laser isnt enabled anymore. Is that supposed to simulate a short laserimpulse?

@NMDanny

Check this out, i posted it a couple of pages back

Use this in the exec field

this addweapon "ACE_wirecutter" (to add to player)

or

this addweaponcargo ["ACE_wirecutter",1] (to put it in an ammo crate)

The thing to remember is that if you equip the wire cutters it will replace the main weapon, but you can put the cutters on your back in the gear arming screen

SD

Hey guys,

thanks for all the hard work! Enjoying it everyday!

Could you please add our server if possible to the servers listing?

HighFiDelity ACE2 Server hosted by Crowfire.de

82.98.216.205:2302

Homepage: http://www.hfd.de

Thank you!

Regards

a Fan :yay:

I thought six updater updated itself? So everyone now has to uninstall Six updater and get the new version?

If I uninstall Six updater and install a new version wont I have to go through loads of setup/config that I cant remember how to do now?

Can I just install it over the last version? will it keep my settings?

Is there one place where this info is easily available, I try to keep up but some times the info for this mod (new procedures/ways of doing things/software) seems like its hidden, I go round in circles trying to find stuff on the help pages.

thanks again for any answers:)

Six Updater don't update itself. Just download the new version and execute it, no need to erase anything. Normally your previous settings should remains the same. Execute Six Upd. the web-user interface should open itself on "main" page, select a preset config (e.g ACE (vanilla) if you choosed it previously) in "action" select install or update then click execute., go to preset choose one preset (ACE mod (vanilla) is good since it manage all ACE related mods, if you want to manage some more press the edit button at the end of the preset line you choosed, then select a mod and press add existing then scroll the page down and press update. Then go back to main select a preset config (e.g ACE (vanilla) if you choosed it previously) in action select install or update then click execute. Go back in main, select a preset config (e.g ACE (vanilla) if you choosed it previously) in action select install or update then click execute

Six Updater don't update itself. Just download the new version and execute it, no need to erase anything. Normally your previous settings should remains the same. Execute Six Upd. the web-user interface should open itself on "main" page, select a preset config (e.g ACE (vanilla) if you choosed it previously) in "action" select install or update then click execute., go to preset choose one preset (ACE mod (vanilla) is good since it manage all ACE related mods, if you want to manage some more press the edit button at the end of the preset line you choosed, then select a mod and press add existing then scroll the page down and press update. Then go back to main select a preset config (e.g ACE (vanilla) if you choosed it previously) in action select install or update then click execute. Go back in main, select a preset config (e.g ACE (vanilla) if you choosed it previously) in action select install or update then click execute

got it, fixed, thanks ;)

Do I have the latest six updater?

six updater - 14.6

six-rsync - 3.4

I could not be lazy so I checked for myself and I do have the latest six-updater. Go here and you can find the latest six-updater http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

@ACEX_SM

Maybe you would like to tweek your weapon sounds to be closer to these for M16A4, M4, M249, M240

Great example of M16A4

Great example of M249

Great example of M240

I dont know what the process would be, but if there is anyway of getting the ACEX_SM weapon sounds to match these. It would really bring a more realistic sound for these weapons.

TO ACE2 FANS: If you would like those weapon sound to be tweeked to the above reference sounds... please go here and vote!! http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8039

Edited by Meatball0311

Small newsflash:

It seems Gamespy query now includes a signatures string.

In the next version of AddonSync you'll be able to query for servers based on this signature string. This means you'll be able to see for example if the server is running your ace version before connecting. It also means you'll be able to find servers that run your ace version (or any signed addon) if you enter the correct signature string.

There may be some other uses for this string but I haven't worked out anything concrete for those purposes yet. (It may be possible to get all sign files you have installed and at least have you select stuff based on those sign files)

Unfortunately gamespy will only allows a limited number of "like" statements so it won't be possible to "find all servers that have at least some of mods you have installed".

Edited by Yoma

Still can not get the Crosshairs enabled by simply modifing the userconfig as noted. Have tried on all difficulties, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike.

Still can not get the Crosshairs enabled by simply modifing the userconfig as noted. Have tried on all difficulties, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike.

Check a few pages back. Make sure the files in the userconfig/ACE2 folder are up to date. Each new ACE2 update seems to update the .hpp files in the @ACE2/userconfig, not the userconfig folder in the main A2 directory. Also, are you changing the files in the @ACE2/userconfig folder? That's not the right ones. You need to put those in the userconfig/ACE2 folder.

Check a few pages back. Make sure the files in the userconfig/ACE2 folder are up to date. Each new ACE2 update seems to update the .hpp files in the @ACE2/userconfig, not the userconfig folder in the main A2 directory. Also, are you changing the files in the @ACE2/userconfig folder? That's not the right ones. You need to put those in the userconfig/ACE2 folder.

A bug report has been filed :)