Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

delffff

Edited by Sickboy

Has someone nerfed the Javelin or are tanks operating a new damage system noticed in a game of warfare last night fired a javelin at a PLA Tank, - it carried on and proceeded to hunt me through the woods...

So I tested it in the editor being inside various tanks PLA MBT and T- 90, let an enemy javelin marine fire at me - all that happened was slight armour damage. I thought that javelins were one shot one kill weapon systems or has ace implemented a damage system for tanks in the last patch?

Nope...

Problem: Arma2 engine can't differentiate top or front armor - it's all the same. But we're working on it.

Thanks for such an awesome mod ACE TEAM! I'm making a mission and am wondering how I can recruit ACE AI and have an ammo crate with all the ACE weapon? I hope you guys can help me. Keep up the great work and looking forward to a great new year playing ARMA2 with your mod.:)

Dont think there is an ALL-ACE crate this time around so you have to create it with filling your own box. Look in my signature (Mr.Murrays editing guide) and then check the ACE2 classnames.

As always, in arma2 you must spend the best part of your life trying to install the mod, look through hundreds of pages of chat. waste countless hours attempting the impossible. About time things were made easy for once!!!!

@KingHomer

It seems to me that some tanks can take a lot more shots into the side armor than the front (in case of T-90 three 3 sabots from M256 to the front, and about 5-6 shots to the side from a 90 degree position). T-90, T-72B so far tested, I'll test M1s and the rest later today. Story may be different if targeting front/forward or front/aft and when firing at the target from different angles.

Not counting this, overally I can say that there is a visible improvement considering armor, most tanks can absorb more punishment on the front than the rear.

@KingHomer

It seems to me that some tanks can take a lot more shots into the side armor than the front (in case of T-90 three 3 sabots from M256 to the front, and about 5-6 shots to the side from a 90 degree position). T-90, T-72B so far tested, I'll test M1s and the rest later today. Story may be different if targeting front/forward or front/aft and when firing at the target from different angles.

Not counting this, overally I can say that there is a visible improvement considering armor, most tanks can absorb more punishment on the front than the rear.

That's true Banderas. The problem is affected by the hitpoint LOD in the model itself along with the firegeometry LOD. The Abrams hitpoint LOD is quite detailed on that so it might be better balanced to the turret front. So far we couldn't have a look into the T-90 model nor the T-72 model without proper MLODs to change anything.

As pointed out: We're working on a better solution for that. Stay tuned. ;)

3 quick questions.

Will engineers ever get the option to clear firing lanes? Clearing shrubs and trees totally, instead of blowing them down?

Was it ACE in ARMA that allowed people to build dug in improvised firing positions and sandbag walls or another mod?

I remember engies having the option to build small sandbag bunkers. Might this happen in ACE with engie squads? Not asking for magic, just the more people building the faster it might go.

Don't think you can actually delete stuff that is placed on the map, only damage it. Which is not a good idea as the remains (fallen trees) blocks your view but not the AIs view. Not sure though, but I've never seen it anyways.

Sandbags are available in ACE2. Cumbersome to use, but I let everyone use sandbags if they want to, while engineers can build other structures. For a improvised firing position (here, for prone MGs), I use this based on Domination code (location checking not included):

d_mgnest_pos = player modeltoworld [0,2,0];
mg_nest = "Fort_EnvelopeSmall" createvehicle d_mgnest_pos;
mg_nest setdir (getdir player);
mg_nest setPos [position mg_nest select 0, position mg_nest select 1, 0];
mg_cutter = "HeliH" createvehicle (mg_nest modelToWorld [0,5,0]);
deleteCollection mg_cutter;

Btw Xeno: Those helper HeliHEmpty location points for slope checking is done better with other checks, which I believe is included as a function :D

The engineer class is the class scripted in missions to do various specific tasks, depending on the mission. I even use them as ammo bearers for their increased stamina. I don't think engineers should have abilities based on a mod, as maybe that ability conflicts with the flow of your mission.

Unless that ability is not possible to achieve via common scripting.

There is a new version of six updater 0.5.3. It fixes trouble for me.... launch six updater again...

As always, in arma2 you must spend the best part of your life trying to install the mod, look through hundreds of pages of chat. waste countless hours attempting the impossible. About time things were made easy for once!!!!

Huh, are you joking? Mods for A2 difficult to install? It's a piece of cake. I do like the ACE2 method though. Definitely an ingenious way to do it.

King Homer,

Working on it?! I don't know how the hell you guys do what you do, but it's remarkable. Thanks for your time and keep banging away. You guys are geniuses.

Thank you ACE team for the latest update. Friggin "A" to put C4's at the base of fences and open them up. :) Isla Duala gets even better thanks to this.

Great work guys. Thanks!

How do I load ammo into a tripod mounted machinegun? I've assembled it, and have the ammo belts in my inventory but I see no "interact with machinegun" option as per the instructions in ACE features. Can someone enlighten me?

You have to hit the ACE key which is the right windows key by default.

Hey guys - quick question. Are AI also affected by stamina issues? Particularly enemy AI?

Hey guys - quick question. Are AI also affected by stamina issues? Particularly enemy AI?

Noob.

Which battery is needed to make the VECTOR 21 rangefinder work? I picked up a normal red one labeled "battery" but I'm not getting it to work.

LOL

Don't worry about it. DM's kinda a freakishly rude person, and a good friend. :D

ok this is to anybody not just the ACE crew, i updated and found ELEVADOR AEREO DE CARGA in the module section, is there a readme for it and wat is it for ? thanks

-Ziggy-;1542152']was this entirely necessary? doncha think it could've been a PM?

participating in mod creation doesn't exclude you from following forum rules' date=' like spam...:raisebrow:[/quote']

Same thing I thought at first but then I saw it was by DM to TRexian, just some friendly ribbin'.

TRexian,

I don't think the AI is effected by stamina, pretty sure about that. Sometimes I load em up like pack mules just for kicks, especially if it's the Army. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

ok this is to anybody not just the ACE crew, i updated and found ELEVADOR AEREO DE CARGA in the module section, is there a readme for it and wat is it for ? thanks

That's RAVLIFTER- ACE2 version. Heli slings.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9060 This is the newest, stand alone version but pretty much the same thing.